SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it will be over one way or the other by the end of today. One good thing from having a transfer window I suppose.

But it wont be if he stays. We will then get who will be club captain, what should we do with him, should we play him, has he the right attitdue, will he go in the summer etc..............................

Well it will be over one way or the other by the end of today. One good thing from having a transfer window I suppose.

But it wont be if he stays. We will then get who will be club captain, what should we do with him, should we play him, has he the right attitdue, will he go in the summer etc..............................

What I mean is he will know he has to stay till the summer and in order to maintain interest in himself he will want to play. Utterly agree that he should lose the armband.

We seem to be loking at a bad day- Ferguson will probably leave, Bellamy to Celtic, Carew staying, no direct replacement for the midfield. Only one that sounds positive is Sokota.

Pull something out of the bag Hughesy.....

i can see ferguson leaving for around 5 million, no replacement

and i do not believe we will be signing anyone on loan or otherwise, i might be wrong and i hope i am, i just think this ferguson business will be taking the majority of our concentration

if we were getting a big signing (ie sokota) i reckon we might have heard something today

If we are still in dialogue it should extend no further than either

"Have you got the £6m yet?"

"No"

"Please go away"

Or

"Have you got the £6m yet"

"Yes"

"I'll start the car"

After all the tough talking really hope the Rovers Board aren't going to cave in at the last minute.

Either way from a footballing perspective I firmly believe we're better off retaining Ferguson's services until the end of the season. Then having ensured safety if he still wants to go in summer (which I hope he woulden't) we can release him at a time that suits us having secured a suitable replacement.

Either way from a footballing perspective I firmly believe we're better off retaining Ferguson's services until the end of the season. Then having ensured safety if he still wants to go in summer (which I hope he woulden't) we can release him at a time that suits us having secured a suitable replacement.

Believe all you want Rev (and you can keep Revving up all the way to the end of the transfer window wink.gif ) but to keep Ferguson we really have to be sure that he would be giving his all for the cause and trust in his professionalism.

A month ago I'd have had no doubt about him giving his all for the team but his conduct over the last three week in despereately trying to engineer a move home DESPITE the team not being safe means I'm not sure that he will be providing his services to an acceptable level if he stays. The worrying thing is that none of us knows just how he would behave because in the career of Barry Ferguson there is no precedent for the current situation.

That's why I would take the money if it is near the valuation.

Besides even if he was gloriously happy here a quality forward would still be worth more to Rovers than Ferguson if it was a straight choice and I'm sure we all must agree after the desperate mix-and-match of Monday night strikers.

Believe all you want Rev (and you can keep Revving up all the way to the end of the transfer window wink.gif ) but to keep Ferguson we really have to be sure that he would be giving his all for the cause and trust in his professionalism.

A month ago I'd have had no doubt about him giving his all for the team but his conduct over the last three week in despereately trying to engineer a move home DESPITE the team not being safe means I'm not sure that he will be providing his services to an acceptable level if he stays. The worrying thing is that none of us knows just how he would behave because in the career of Barry Ferguson there is no precedent for the current situation.

That's why I would take the money if it is near the valuation.

Besides even if he was gloriously happy here a quality forward would still be worth more to Rovers than Ferguson if it was a straight choice and I'm sure we all must agree after the desperate mix-and-match of Monday night strikers.

How many weeks to the end of the season? I think it is around 14.

14x c.30k = c. 420k

In the scheme of things, if we are not getting in another player, it is worth paying to have him If Rangers cannot come up with the six million.

How many weeks to the end of the season? I think it is around 14.

14x c.30k = c. 420k

In the scheme of things, if we are not getting in another player, it is worth paying to have him If Rangers cannot come up with the six million.

But if he still wants to leave in the Summers, hasnt played a game for us and Rangers dont up their offer (which they porbably wouldnt) what will we have gained?

There are some mighty confused headline writers out there-

"Rovers still chase Ferguson" is one

or "Ferguson: Ball is in Rovers' court" when the story is actually a quote from John williams saying the ball is in Rangers' court. I suspect that Rev's version is pretty accurate!

or "Ferguson: Ball is in Rovers' court" when the story is actually a quote from John williams saying the ball is in Rangers' court. I suspect that Rev's version is pretty accurate!

So what is he doing in Scotland then? Family christening; aye alright. Apparently De Pedro had a bar mitzah a few days ago in Perugia as well...

Ferguson badly wants out and is doing all he can to make it happen.

Nothing of Ferguson's behaviour over the period of his Rovers life leads me to believe that if he stayed he would give his all for the club and keep us safe from relegation.

He's best out the club, why cannot that be seen? Is my interpretation so different from everybody elses? Am I on my own here?

The man does not want to be here or he wouldn't be courting Rangers like a frustrated old spinster after her last chance.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

So what is he doing in Scotland then? Family christening; aye alright. Apparently De Pedro had a bar mitzah a few days ago in Perugia as well...

Nothing of Ferguson's behaviour over the period of his Rovers life leads me to believe that if he stayed he would give his all for the club and keep us safe from relegation.

He's best out the club, why cannot that be seen? Is my interpretation so different from everybody elses? Am I on my own here?

The man does not want to be here or he wouldn't be courting Rangers like a frustrated old spinster after her last chance.

Am I missing something? What has been wrong with his performances on the pitch for the club? Nothing as far as I can tell.

Granted he hasn't been the Keane or Viera we maybe hoped but that's one of those things.

Two problems FLB. Firstly the money - I'm sure he would have gone, or will go, given an offer around the £5/6m mark. Apparently Rangers haven't been near.

Secondly, the timing. We're in real danger of relegation and to lose him without a replacement would be suicidal IMO.

As for him not putting the effort in if has to stay - no-one knows that, do they? The people best to judge that are Hughes and JW.

rover.gif what a day this will be,get bumley in the cup and rid off sweet pea pants.

if gers have offered 5 million i would snatch there hands off,as we will havw to pay wee bazza 30k for 6 months before he trudges the high road hame tinykit.gif

Am I missing something? What has been wrong with his performances on the pitch for the club? Nothing as far as I can tell.

Granted he hasn't been the Keane or Viera we maybe hoped but that's one of those things.

So what has been so right about his performances that we should put up with our so-called captain scurrying around after his previous club?

Ferguson is the modern-day Ewood equivalent of the Hans Christian Anderson's 'The Emporers New Clothes'. Some fans desperately attempt to allign themself with him because they believe it takes more insight than the normal fan possesses to understand the nature of a "cultured" player like Ferguson. Load of tosh just like the original story. Ferguson has been consistently poor with only some redeeming performances since he got here.

If he was willing to stay and to try to improve it would be a different matter, yet he clearly isn't.

Anyway - the question was...What has been wrong with his performances on the pitch for the club?...simple. If he'd done what he was paid handsomely to do we would be out the relegation dogscrap and nearing forty points by now. Not good enough on the pitch... or off it.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.