BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy

I didn't take that information into the eqaution, i must admit. In terms of squad wages for a team of our league position our wages must be staggering. But as you say our strikers have left, new purchases such as Stead and Bothroyd are on low money as is Gallagher and several squad players will be gone at the end of the season.

Saying that, I still think Birmingham will offer far superior wages.

Edited by tcj_jones

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the Shepard/Robson article - what a nasty man Shephard is and his criticisms of Robson are obvious rubbish and scapegoating.

But, on a Saturday afternoon, Robson put out a team of real quality. Will Souness be able to do that after shipping the troublemakers out?

That's the acid question.

i think newcastle are playing better under souness than robson this season

however he should still be given a good 18 months in charge before judging him, remember he is managing with robson's signings

Newcastle are a good team they just lack defensive discipline and quality

I don't like him at all, and he's an injuryprone troublemaker. However Hughes can probably keep him from causing trouble (If you truly respect your manager you're less likely to cause trouble), and if he's not constantly injured then we've got ourselves a goalscorer, and we really do need one.

I do question whether he's worth £6m though. That's a lot of money in today's climate, with last seasons CL top scorer moving for a similar sum. There's also the question of who's going to play those through balls? The Tugay of two seasons ago could, Barry alongside Savage could, but now? Thommo would provide a few as he has the vision, but his passing is... inconsistent to say the least.

Does anybody know whether the money for Bellamy is dependent upon the sale of Ferguson. I cannot see how we could afford it any other way unless we are counting our chickens on the Dahlin compensation.

A side of:

Dickov    Bellamy

Pedersen    Ferguson    Savage    Emerton

Johansson    Mokoena    Todd ©    Niell

Friedel

Subs: Enckleman, Nelsen, Reid, Thompson, Stead/Johnson/Gallagher

Is full of quality and I would be quite excited to see it in action

i think newcastle are playing better under souness than robson this season

however he should still be given a good 18 months in charge before judging him, remember he is managing with robson's signings

Newcastle are a good team they just lack defensive discipline and quality

Oh dear!

It shows you are not yet used to watching Premiership football.

Newcastle are rapidly disintegrating into a disorganised shambles under Souness. At least under Sir Bobby, one game in three would see the barcodes delivering inspired flowing football capable of troubling any team in the world.

Now they are little better than Brum.

Give Souness eighteen months? Yes, that's just long enough to get Newcastle relegated.

We agree on something after all.

This should be on the transfer topic really I suppose but Sky are reporting Hughes Keen on Carew

Well that would be good for us I think, it also has him saying the only way we'd bring in a striker would be on a loan deal, which is obviously relevant to this thread. We all know not to read too much into what the management at BRFC say in regards to transfers, but if it is true, then that puts pay to the idea of Bellamy coming here for 6 million.

My previous post anticipated us going for Bellamy BUT I was not hopeful.

Clearly the Jack Walker Trust has seen the decline in enthusiasm for the team and is stepping in(hopefully with the Dahlin money as insurance!) to have one last go to move us up a tier in the Premiership.

Now will you need cheap tickets to support your local team or of your birth? And for those who are 1000s of miles away send your money to Mr JW Williams c/o Ewood Park and the tickets sold will be more than those actually attending!

This is ambitious and exciting can we match it?

A start would be to get your friends to the Chelsea match.

they nearly got a result v arsenal last sunday and I cant honestly see them falling apart

souness has inherited a squad that is capable of progressing in the league as well of the uefa cup

all about personal opinions i suppose but from an outsider's view I dont think blackburn have improved that much since souness leaving as you would be miles above us and we have only won something like 6 in 24

they nearly got a result v arsenal last sunday and I cant honestly see them falling apart

souness has inherited a squad that is capable of progressing in the league as well of the uefa cup

all about personal opinions i suppose but from an outsider's view I dont think blackburn have improved that much since souness leaving as you would be miles above us and we have only won something like 6 in 24

are you having a laugh

we were 2nd bottom when souness left, and never looked like winning a game...

hughes has changed that and now we are flowing with confidence

LOL that shows that you obviously have little knowledge of our club and little ability to analyze a premiership match. We were woeful under Souness with no defensive discipline, playing people out of position and in strange formations. Since Hughes has come we have been transformed conceding very few, gaining some kind of consistency and our players fitness levels have improved no end. We are still far off what we should be aiming for, but the changes made have been huge.

As for the Arsenal - Newcastle match... Well that could have been 4 or 5 -0! Admittedly Arsenal were putting on a real display but Newcastle were pretty bad and were content in trying not to concede. 1-0 was a flattering result for Newcastle.

according to the sunday star Emerton will be used as makeweight in the bellamy deal

First, sunday star?! laugh.gif

Second, It wouldnt be such a bad move if it's a straight swap, but paying them £2m or something + Emerton would be crazy imo..

Maybe we will try getting Pennant on a loan deal then, what a great team we would be then with, Savage, Dickov, Bellamy and Pennant in the starting XI...smile.gif

Edited by krislu

If it requires Emerton leaving to get Bellamy then fair enough, we have Thompson coming back and Reid can do a job there. While it'd be better to have both of them Bellamy would make more difference to our team. As improved as Emerton is he isn't indispensible.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

just heard steve bruce's prematch interview on tv. basically, thought he doesnt sound all that confident about bellamy signing for them; bruce just said that a fee's been agreed, and bellamy had to make his decision quick, and that he will know where to get bruce. don't want to get my hopes up, but he doesnt sound too convinced.

but if emo's going to newcastle as a make weight for bellamy, i wouldnt be too upset till the details are known. meaning, if emo goes and we end up paying something like 1m for bellamy, i would think that's a good deal, meaning emo's valued at 5m. however, if he goes, and we end up paying anything above 2.5m cash, i'd be pretty upset. fact is, emo is replaceable, with thommo suitable for the right wing, as well as reid. am i the only person here who thinks that whilst emo's improvement since last season has been tenfold, he still isnt quite that good?

i the only person here who thinks that whilst emo's improvement since last season has been tenfold, he still isnt quite that good?

The thing about Emerton is that he can be a very frustrating player to watch, he is much to inconsistant imo. One game he can be awsome, taking players on and getting loads of crosses into the box, and the next match you would hardly notice him on the pitch...

Sunday Star? Isn't that owned by Gold and Sullivan.

Those semi-erectile, non-perverters of public morals who also own Hustler, Birmingham City and Anne Summers and other such tasteless tat?

That said, I'd much prefer to Thommo wide right and Bellamy up front in the middle to the line-ups we had against Notlob.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.