BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Soton Winning, Oh Dear!

krislu

Southampton 1 Arsenal 1. A pretty enjoyable game I thought and I agree with waggy that I think Southampton will stay up, mainly due to their home form. Palace play Birmingham today and Norwich host Man City on Monday. The worst position Rovers can be in is five points clear of the relegation zone with a game in hand and a better goal difference than all four teams below and much, much better than Norwich and West Brom.

The three promoted sides to go down I think. Maybe a bid for Andy Johnson in the summer?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if all those players come back, all we have to do is make sure Lehmann is in goal and instead of going for goal, we have to try and get as many corners as possible and let MGP do the talking....or in his case, the shooting!

Arsenal are as good at defending corners as Kevin Davies was at eating balti-pies!

Hold on a minute...that will make them brilliant... laugh.gif

Err...another example;

Arsenal are as good at defending corners as Graeme Souness was at being best pals with Andy Cole! biggrin.gif

Bad results all round in the Prem- Southampton winning, Fulham picking up a point, Newcastle won and Palace achieved a draw despite six minutes of extra time.

At least the scum at Ibrox got held for a draw after Mammy's boy scored.

Damn it,

But it was only a matter of time.Soton finally winning,and Palace continue to pick up points.

After our two games with Everton and Pool,we could find ourself in a precarious position.

One win right now would be brilliant.I cant see it at Anfield.Lets pray tomorrow we reach 31 points.

We're bound to lose ground when we don't play. 4 points above the relegation zone with 2 games in hand over most of the sides around us.

The players need to keep their cool, and bag a few more clean sheets.

Guest Kamy100
We're bound to lose ground when we don't play. 4 points above the relegation zone with 2 games in hand over most of the sides around us.

The players need to keep their cool, and bag a few more clean sheets.

Exactly Den. We would have taken this situation in November. I like to look at it postively that if we can win our game in hand then not only do we pull away from Southampton but we also overtake Fulham and Pompey, plus with Saints, Fulham and Palace still to come to Ewood everything is still very much within our hands. So come on lets have some positive vibes!!!

Remember who told you first, Palace and Southampton are staying up, where does that leave Rovers ? I know we have to play them both at Ewood but on current form I can't see us beating either of them. As I see it the only hope we've got is for Pompey to drop down into trouble. At the moment on current form Rovers are the third worst team in the competition, anything from tomorrows game at Goodison would be a massive plus, but I fear the worst.

Don't want to accuse you of talking crap but, you're talking crap. form tables are calculated on the last 6 games. We are actually 5th on the form table..... yes thats 5th from the top not 3rd from the bottom.

Feel free to take a look at the figures here

I know our next 4 league fixtures are against Everton,Liverpool,Man Yoo and Arsenal.

BUT......as long as those 3 in the champ league go through to the next round, we play them in the period of the CL quarter finals. Which means they would rest players with the title surely chelsea's now

If we get 4 points off those 4 games,it would be brilliant!

Otherwise we will be in trouble.

But it will be the last 7 games that will decide our fate.

Id say we need 12 more points to stay up.

On current form,we will stay up.But sometimes one team gets sucked back into it.

Who was it said there are lies, damn lies. and statistics, going off actual playing performances we are very poor at the moment, apart from the Norwich game when were you last happy with the football we are playing? Both Palace and S/ hampton are playing better football than we are , principly because they have a threat up front, Rovers at the moment have the most toothless attack in the premier league. I hope i'm wrong but I do fear the worst.

rover.gif sparky reckons 3 wins will suffice tinykit.gif

The Baggies have just taken the lead against Brum which I think is a thoroughly good thing- makes it more likely we will overtake Brum come the end of the season.

I think Sparky has it spot on with three wins to see us to safety. To those who disagree, let me explain:

EVEN if we loose the other eight games (no more draws) we would end the season on 37 points.

To get Rovers relegated, Southampton would have to achieve at least W4 D1 L4 from their remaining nine games AND Palace would have to achieve at least W3 D2 L4 from their remaining nine games. BOTH these sides have at least three games against teams in the top five to come. They would BOTH need one more draw and one less defeat each NOT to rely on goal difference to send us down.

So in the next nine games, are you saying you expect that BOTH Palace and Southampton will only loose three?

If not, three more wins is the correct target for Rovers.

rover.gif sparky reckons 3 wins will suffice tinykit.gif

The Baggies have just taken the lead against Brum which I think is a thoroughly good thing- makes it more likely we will overtake Brum come the end of the season.

I think Sparky has it spot on with three wins to see us to safety. To those who disagree, let me explain:

EVEN if we loose the other eight games (no more draws) we would end the season on 37 points.

To get Rovers relegated, Southampton would have to achieve at least W4 D1 L4 from their remaining nine games AND Palace would have to achieve at least W3 D2 L4 from their remaining nine games. BOTH these sides have at least three games against teams in the top five to come. They would BOTH need one more draw and one less defeat each NOT to rely on goal difference to send us down.

So in the next nine games, are you saying you expect that BOTH Palace and Southampton will only loose three?

If not, three more wins is the correct target for Rovers.

2-0 now, kevin campbell, west brom are playing a lot better than birmingham. where are they without a certain welshman!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.