SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Soton Winning, Oh Dear!

krislu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I think we might be the worst team in the PL atm. We have scored just 21 goals (no-one has scored less) and we have no creativity, pace or flair of any kind in our team.

If you add playing a wrecking 4-5-1 to the equation, then its fair to say we are looking doomed for relegation if we dont start trying to play football..

We probably have the worst strikers, but certainly not the worst team. Big difference. I think a lot of premiership teams would love our midfield. While even our defence over the past couple months has shown itself to be excellent.

To be honest I think we might be the worst team in the PL atm.

Balderdash. We're a bit lacking in creativity and none of our strikers are too hot at the moment but no way are we the worst in the league. When Hughes plays two strikers and one of Stead, Gallagher or Bothroyd start fulfilling their potential, we'll be fine.

that opening comment Krislu showed it all

we aint in for him cause he is SH**E

watching the game he has more than most cocked up southamptons forward play by refusing to pass, okay he scored a goal, but he could easily have cost them big style especially if everton go on to get a point from the game.

he couldnt hack it at wolves or celtic, what makes you think that he could hack it at Ewood ?

I was having the same thoughts most of today. We are an awful team to watch. I think that Dickovs energy level is fantastic and Johnson has skill but they are TOO SMALL and if thats the best we can do for strikers then the rest will just laugh at us. No one in midfield looks like scoring either.

By the way - can anyone tell me if Emerton have ever done a backheel that worked?

My god have I ever seen a more fickle bunch of supporters. You are all so sad, really either stop supporting the club or get a grip. We've lost 3 games in a row, dear me, it happens, get on with it. We'll survive this year, and if things don't change then, fine, be sad, but until then, we are in a pretty safe position really, and I'm sure we'll pick up our fair share of points between now and the end of the season. I'm sure you are the same people who only a month ago were singing the clubs praises and saying how great everything was and how good the team were, really gets on my tits.

Not too long ago someone on here had both Palace and the Saints written off. At the time I mention I thought in Dowie and Redknapp both teams had the wherewithall, the fortitude and the resolve to pull out. I still beleive that. It is going to be Norwich WBA us and A.N. Other, a late one sucked in who will go down. I sort of fancy it to be us and Norwich and West Brom. Almost resigned myself to that fact. Or I am just preparing for the worst.

Does anyone have the schedule run ins for the bottom 5 or 6 teams.

he couldnt hack it at wolves or celtic, what makes you think that he could hack it at Ewood ?

He had a good end of the season with Wolves, scored 5 goals in 5 games or something. I'm not saying he is a world beater, but he would surely add a new demention to our attack!

Anyway he looks a lot better than the likes of Bothroyd, Stead, Gally and Jansen...

Not too long ago someone on here had both Palace and the Saints written off. At the time I mention I thought in Dowie and Redknapp both teams had the wherewithall, the fortitude and the resolve to pull out. I still beleive that. It is going to be Norwich WBA us and A.N. Other, a late one sucked in who will go down. I sort of fancy it to be us and Norwich and West Brom. Almost resigned myself to that fact. Or I am just preparing for the worst.

Nonsense.

I'm fed up with the gloomsters writing us off all the time.

Rovers will stay up at a canter, starting with a 3-0 triumph over the Canaries on saturday.

We've lost 3 games in a row, dear me, it happens, get on with it. We'll survive this year

Yes we have lost 3 games in a row, but look at how we have played in the last 8 games or so. Its bloody depressing! I guess its just the 4-5-1 formation that is getting to me, cos I hate it, HATE IT!

We've lost 3 games in a row, dear me, it happens, get on with it. We'll survive this year

Yes we have lost 3 games in a row, but look at how we have played in the last 8 games or so. Its bloody depressing!

Our last eight league matches includes:

December

Sun 26 H Newcastle D 2-2

Tue 28 A Bolton W 1-0

January

Sat 1 A Aston Villa L 0-1

Mon 3 H Charlton W 1-0

Sat 15 A Portsmouth W 1-0

Mon 24 H Bolton L 0-1

February

Wed 2 H Chelsea L 0-1

Sat 5 A Middlesbrough L 0-1

Now, I have only watched us in two of those games, so I can't comment on how we have played with much authority, but a W3 - D1 - L4 record is hardly depressing, is it?

Not too long ago someone on here had both Palace and the Saints written off.  At the time I mention I thought in Dowie and Redknapp both teams had the wherewithall, the fortitude and the resolve to pull out.  I still beleive that.  It is going to be Norwich WBA us and A.N. Other, a late one sucked in who will go down.  I sort of fancy it to be us and Norwich and West Brom.  Almost resigned myself to that fact.  Or I am just preparing for the worst.

Nonsense.

I'm fed up with the gloomsters writing us off all the time.

Rovers will stay up at a canter, starting with a 3-0 triumph over the Canaries on saturday.

Take notice you depressing fools haha. If jim is being positive, no one can be negative!

I hate having to rely on other teams.

It's up to us whether we stay in this league or not. We have the ability to stay in the league but we can't score, so we won't win.

Southampton have proved they can score, they just keep letting late winners in quite often. Everton did a favour for us in equalising at the end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.