SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Soton Winning, Oh Dear!

krislu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect if this 4-5-1 carries on much longer we will back in the mire and nobody will be sorry to see such a physical, negative unentertaining team go down.

That was exactly my thoughts when watching MOTD. I have slated Bolton at times this season but if I wasn't a Blackburn fan then at present I would defenitely want us to go down and I'm sure many other fans do.

Not too long ago someone on here had both Palace and the Saints written off.  At the time I mention I thought in Dowie and Redknapp both teams had the wherewithall, the fortitude and the resolve to pull out.  I still beleive that.  It is going to be Norwich WBA us and A.N. Other, a late one sucked in who will go down.  I sort of fancy it to be us and Norwich and West Brom.  Almost resigned myself to that fact.  Or I am just preparing for the worst.

Does anyone have the schedule run ins for the bottom 5 or 6 teams.

Nonsense.

I'm fed up with the gloomsters writing us off all the time.

Rovers will stay up at a canter, starting with a 3-0 triumph over the Canaries on saturday.

Geez blink.gif

Not too long ago someone on here had both Palace and the Saints written off.  At the time I mention I thought in Dowie and Redknapp both teams had the wherewithall, the fortitude and the resolve to pull out.  I still beleive that.  It is going to be Norwich WBA us and A.N. Other, a late one sucked in who will go down.  I sort of fancy it to be us and Norwich and West Brom.  Almost resigned myself to that fact.  Or I am just preparing for the worst.

Nonsense.

Rovers will stay up at a canter, starting with a 3-0 triumph over the Canaries on saturday.

jim, did those mushrooms in your omelette taste funny?

• 2 weeks later...

If I was a Southampton fan in the middle of a major relegation battle, I'd be concerned about Graeme Le Saux and whether his mind is entirely focused on the job in hand.

Le Saux was in the commentary box at Villa Park for the England/Holland match, having travelled up from the South Coast to Birmingham in midweek.

Three days later on Saturday, he was in the commentary box again for the Beeb, this time at White Hart Lane for the Spurs/West Brom FA Cup replay.

The following day he was sitting in the BBC studios for Sunday's Match Of The Day highlights.

Le Saux is not injured. He played in Southampton's last game against Everton, and as I understand it, he'll be available to play in their next game in the FA Cup against Brentford.

If I was Harry Redknapp, I'd be a bit p1ssed off that in the middle of a relegation battle one of my players seems more preocuppied with becoming a media tart for the Beeb rather than focusing on his job with Southampton, for which he is handsomely paid.

With the Saints in the bottom three and desperate to continue their 27-year run in the top flight, what kind of message does it send out to Southampton fans when they see and hear Mr Le Saux on the box as a telly pundit all the time?

Personally if I was Redknapp, I'd deduct the payments he has been receiving from the Beeb from his wage packet at Southampton.

I'd also tell him that in future if he wants to drive up to Birmingham in the middle of the week while his club is involved in a major relegation battle then he'd be better off looking for a new employer....

user posted image

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Nonsense.

Geez blink.gif

ohmy.gifohmy.gifthumbs-up.gif Nice prediction that.

He looked good last night Hughesy but I'm still not sure about him. I work with a Wolves fan who reckons he has everything in his locker except for the finishing. He goes clean through and skies it time after time.

Wether he just needed time to adapt to the prem or not, I'm not sure. I will admit that he has impressed in recent weeks. Just seems odd that if he was that good why did Celtic not want to keep hold of him.

He looked good last night Hughesy but I'm still not sure about him. I work with a Wolves fan who reckons he has everything in his locker except for the finishing. He goes clean through and skies it time after time.

Wether he just needed time to adapt to the prem or not, I'm not sure. I will admit that he has impressed in recent weeks. Just seems odd that if he was that good why did Celtic not want to keep hold of him.

Dont think he really got a chance at Celtic to be fair to him.

His start at Saints has been good and in a slightly better team than Wolves he seems to be doing a good job.

Also if he is hitting shot after shot over the bar then he is at least getting the positions to score and eventually 1 will go in. If he played for us and got 4 chances a game but only scored 1 a game then id be very happy still.

maybe but even I could have scored a hat trick last night. smile.gif

With all the talk of the Cup replay let us not forget Southampton are away at West Brom tonight. I'll be happy with either a West Brom victory or a draw. A Saints win puts us within 6 points of the drop zone again and will once again cause us to be looking over our shoulders, especially with Everton, Arsenal and The mancs coming up.

Come on The Baggies ! tinykit.gif

Southampton far better side but couldn't score.

Heart in mouth on many an occasion! Hoult was amazing!

How southampton didn't score i'll never know!

at least someone else can't score tongue.gif 8 points between us and bottom 3 with 33 points left

I thought Albion would have won tonight, playing a tight relegation battle, home advanatge would have spurred them on.

From watching the highlights it seemed quite a close game, both teams had numerous chances to score but didn't.

Camara had the best chance, but curled it well over the bar.

West Brom 0-0 Southampton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.