SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Mgp Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MGP for 17 million? Hmm...that would be terrible. biggrin.gif

I'd wait 3 or 4 years before deciding that I wouldn't bite anyone's hand off if they came in with that sort of money, at the moment though I would take it. Having said that, what makes me like him the most isn't the quality of his play, more just how he behaves. He seems to care and enjoy it, you can really tell it when he celebrates and goes to the crowd, very few of our players at the moment seem to have that in them.

I think MGP is a wandering smiley-face these days! Who wouldn't be?

I saw him on TV today, he was in Denmark and watching the match between his former club Tromsø IL and FC København (Copenhagen), who by the way ended 2 - 2, and they interviewed him after the match and he couldn't stop smiling... Well, I guess he's living his child hood dream...

Was delighted with this lad on saturday. He really was class.

His 1st touch is great and he has an eye for goal. He also loves coming to the supporters if he scores!

If he carries on improving then we have a very good winger on our books. Damien who???

I think Teamtalk like him too- though not sure it's his football that they like ohmy.gif

"With his willowy figure, mop of blond hair and Hollywood smile, Morten Gamst Pedersen looks more like the lead singer in a boy band than the in-form member of the Premiership's supposedly most-notorious purveyors of strong-arm tactics"

I was in Copenhagen Sunday watching my Norwegian team Tromsø play FC København (2-2). MGP was there, and he will also be in Gothenburg when we play IFK Gøteborg tomorrow. Yes, he has improved since he came to Rovers, but remember that even before that he was always chosen before John Arne Riise as a left midfielder for Norway, Riise plays left defender for Norway.

BTW Cuidado/djvice is not Norwegian - he is Swedish!! laugh.gif

rover.gif i think mgp is another feather in MARK HUGHES cap,he did look out off his depth when he arrived at ewood,and hughes and his staff have obviously worked on his fitness and strength,the guy is improving and if he carries on he may become another winger we all love tinykit.gif

To be honest, I think that is a little far-fetched. MGP has come out in the media and suggested that he has not changed a lot physically but mentally he is more prepared for the Premiership than he was at the start. Imo his poor first few games weren't necessarily down to a lack of physical strength but nerves and accustoming himself with the pace of the game.

Rover6, Hughes put MGP in at just the right time, and we are reaping the rewards. If he had been left out longer he would have left the club, if he had been brought in sooner he wasn't playing well. If, and this is a big if, MGP really does love it here and stays for years to come, I think we have a player who could be exciting and build an excellent relationship with the fans. He could be a real crowd pleaser, and that is something we have lacked since Duff, Dunn and Jansen (as a result of the accident) left.

Well, since, this is an MGP thread, and we've had a cuidado reference, there is something missing.....

I can't help being excited that the club management was so adept in their planning. They managerd to avoid the "appearance fee" that Tromso placed on MGP, and still get such cracking results out of the player!! smile.gif

Rover6, Hughes put MGP in at just the right time, and we are reaping the rewards. If he had been left out longer he would have left the club, if he had been brought in sooner he wasn't playing well.

Timing it right was not that big an issue. MH had to await the arrival of Sav to provide a defensive balance to the midfield which allows for the attack minded MGP to profit at the expense of the more defensive capability of Steven Reid.

If MGP scores the winner at weekend he will be a legend , no doubt about it, nobody forgets the winning goal scorer in our derby match do they? and with it being an FA Cup tie, it will be all the better, down with the dingles. One thing tha would make it even sweeter if he repeated that 6 goals in one match from corners again, that would be like the funniest and most skillful moment of the FA Cup in the modern era.

MGP-My new Hero, was Stead but he is a shadow of his former self due to a lack of self-beleive and few first team opportunities.

I worry that now the press are starting to praise MGP, he might get singled out for some early physical treatment in the derby. I remember when we won at the turf last time, Souness left Jansen on the bench because he thought Hughes and Bent would be a better physical threat. Although Souness got it right on that occassion, I hope Hughes doesn't leave MGP out for this reason. I'd love a 1-0 win with MGP scoring. The man would become fans favourite instantly.

Game plan for Sunday..go for corners and let MGP take about 6 of those wicked inswingers!!

It makes Notlobs tactics look soooo feeble.

No..get MGP one corner and he will soften em up with the first 2 winning the game with the 3rd. A legend is born.

Does anyone know of a bookies where you can request odds on something. I have a hunch that we might see Pederson score direct from a corner soon. Would like to see what odds I can get on it happening at Turd Moor.

Wow, that would be instant legend status.

Only way to top that would be to score directly from a corner in a Champions League final or something laugh.gif

Rover6, Hughes put MGP in at just the right time, and we are reaping the rewards. If he had been left out longer he would have left the club, if he had been brought in sooner he wasn't playing well. If, and this is a big if, MGP really does love it here and stays for years to come, I think we have a player who could be exciting and build an excellent relationship with the fans. He could be a real crowd pleaser, and that is something we have lacked since Duff, Dunn and Jansen (as a result of the accident) left.

It really doesn't matter anymore because MGP is playing and playing well, so everyone's happy. However, just to dally on this moot point, giving credit to Hughes for introducing MGP at the perfect time is a bit generous, bearing in mind he only came in to replace bug-stricken Emerton and Hughes had provisionally given permission for MGP to join up on a Middle East tour with the Norway B side towards the latter part of January.

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.