BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

Same old,same old. rolleyes.gif

We ALL know why its taking a little longer to process tickets SECURITY.

I have a feeling that Burnley fans may chance their luck and try to obtain tickets for home areas....if any of the moaners are taking your children, would you feel safe with some Burnley suicide squad deadhead sat near to you?

Stop crying and keep trying.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ###### me off on the phone was the 4 minutes of bullshit you got before you found out your queue position.

I DONT WANT TICKET INFORMATION - I WANT TO BUY ONE.

PUT THE INFO ELSEWHERE.

mad.gif

Anyway I've probably lost my seat. I'll have to go down to Ewood this morning.

Where is Freddy Adu ? smile.gif

Press 1 (as soon as you hear "Press 1") then press 9 (as soon as you here anything). Straight into the queue, no 4 mins of ticket info.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before biggrin.gif

I'm now going to have to make thequeue busier because the tickets I ordered Tuesday haven't arrived yet.

You would spend far more than 4 minutes of b***s*** waiting to get through so chill.

For anybody waiting - started my call at 09:10 - at number 51 in the queue - took 55 minutes to get through - so keep the faith.

For anybody currently bashing the club about it's ticket office - given our recent gates, who expected the demand to be as big ? I certainly didn't.

For the complaints the will follow after the match - e.g. Burnley fans in Rovers areas - I don't think that there is anything that the club can reastically do. There must be hundreds, if not thousands of Burnely fans that will have a history of buying tickets at Rovers - after all it is there only chance of watching live Premiership football.

Bully for you waggy but I suspect many with young children will be...nobody wants any aggro at this match and the security measures in place when buying tickets are there for good reason.Dont let this put anyone off buying tickets, we need a passionate and full house on the night....personally I wouldn't miss this for 'owt!

Like I say, I have a feeling the ticket security may well be tested in the next few days.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Those 1,000 tickets will without doubt create a cordon of empty seats to aid crowd control.

The club really can't win with this one.

Personally - I would like to see any Burnley fans in the home areas ejected from the ground as soon as they are identified. There names should be noted - and passed to the police to investigate. We should also ensure that the purchaser of the ticket is black marked on the ticket database.

Unfortuanely I fear we will see a repetition of the Celtic match with away fans in home areas just being left.

Having said all that - as long as we win, I couldn't give a monkeys biggrin.gif

SAFETY..'not rocket science is it'. dry.gif

rover.gif i have had to move seats because rovers have kept back seats in the jack walker and walker steel,are bumley fans any different from everton-man utd-celtic-liverpoo are they heck,i know loads of burnley fans all decent people.

plus i take a child to every rovers game tinykit.gif

There will be Burnley fans in Blackburn areas, it's like there were some Blackburn fans in the Burnley ends at Turf Moor. Only reason why there was no trouble in that sense is because we didn't score, if we had then it might have been different.

If there are Burnley fans in Blackburn areas then they run the risk theirselves, it's up to them.

There will be Burnley fans in Blackburn areas, it's like there were some Blackburn fans in the Burnley ends at Turf Moor. Only reason why there was no trouble in that sense is because we didn't score, if we had then it might have been different.

If there are Burnley fans in Blackburn areas then they run the risk theirselves, it's up to them.

rover.gif yes but the club can solve this by giving them a 1,000 extra tickets tinykit.gif

Yeah I understand that, but they haven't for safety and whatever reasons there are.

I'd be more happy to see all Burnley fans in the Darwen End then a few of them scattered round our home areas.

Let's hope it isn't a repeat of Celtic in the home areas. But I'm sure the Ticket Office are checking everything they can to prevent it.

Just go an extra ticket this morning. Had to queue for 40 minutes. I've sent the bill to John Williams and also returned my season ticket, absolute disgrace, sack everybody, especially Lee Grooby.

p.s

I will always complain if I feel the need, I have before to the club and I will again if necessary. On this occasion by and large the club have done all they can bar a few mistakes. We don't know the ins and outs so can only speculate about the situation but as has been pointed out if every person chooses to ring straight away rather then the club will not cope. We can only use as many lines as we have.

What cracks me up is that the majority of complaints have been about length of queueing time but if the club had simply extended opening hours this would not have changed. You can tell people all day long not to all ring on the first day but the majority still will. If the club had opened 24 hours EIT's dad still wouldn't have a ticket, Waggy would still have had to queue for an hour etc etc.

Edited by Manchester Blue

What cracks me up is that the majority of complaints have been about length of queueing time but if the club had simply extended opening hours this would not have changed. You can tell people all day long not to all ring on the first day but the majority still will. If the club had opened 24 hours EIT's dad still wouldn't have a ticket, Waggy would still have had to queue for an hour etc etc.

Well said there.

But I have nothing but praise for the way the Ticket Office were with me.

I phoned up as I was unable to get to Ewood early enough so I phoned up, took me around 90 minutes to get through from when they told me what position I was in the queue, which was 89th.

In my opinion, that's great service.

Sorry Waggy but their IS an increased risk of trouble at this game and history only backs this up.

I'm like you mate, I'm big and ugly enough to take care of myself and if push came to shove perhaps I'd react in a not to favourable way if Burnley 'fans' had obtained tickets for home areas and IF (I REPEAT) IF they were clearly intent on causing trouble...I would not like kids to be put through that quite frankly.

I would much rather have these slower than usual ticket sales to ensure no away fan infiltration full stop and ensurea good atmosphere with zero incidents in the stands.

Perhaps we should just have given the Dingles all the tickets other than the season ticket seats huh.gif

They gave us just under 4,000. They got 7,000 at Ewood. Seems fair enough to me.

You will always get a few opposition supporters in the home end. It's how they are dealt with that's imortant and in this case I hope arrangements have been made to swiftly sort out any problems.

rover.gif the problem is i know for a fact burnley fans have tickets in our sections,i have seen a burnley with a ticket,he wants to see the game burnley sold out,i reckon they should give burnley the extra 1,000 tickets let there fans exchange the one's they have for the home areas.how ever strict the SECURITY has been it;s failed tinykit.gif

Of course we dont actually know how many extra seats there are in the Darwen End unsold. It certainly isnt 1000. Maybe 300, maybe none.

The details all say approximately.

We know that the Riverside has 5000 seats, we presume the ends have 8000 each. Thats 21,000 already. Does the JW stand only have 2000 seats more than the ends? who knows, its all conjecture.

Perhaps we should just have given the Dingles all the tickets other than the season ticket seats huh.gif

They gave us just under 4,000. They got 7,000 at Ewood. Seems fair enough to me.

You will always get a few opposition supporters in the home end. It's how they are dealt with that's imortant and in this case I hope arrangements have been made to swiftly sort out any problems.

rover.gif they gave us one end,we gave them one end thats fair,but why hold back tickets tinykit.gif

rover.gif the problem is i know for a fact burnley fans have tickets in our sections,i have seen a burnley with a ticket,he wants to see the game burnley sold out,i reckon they should give burnley the extra 1,000 tickets let there fans exchange the one's they have for the home areas.how ever strict the SECURITY has been it;s failed tinykit.gif

Logistical nightmare and impossible to put into place at this late stage.

Logistical nightmare and impossible to put into place at this late stage.

On the contrary its a great idea. They did it at the Everton v United game a few weeks ago - some of the empty seats were set aside and if any away fans were identified they were moved into it.

Of course it was never announced - simply because it is inviting trouble.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.