BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

Went down today (Thursday) and queued for around 1hr 10mins. It was bloody freezing. When we got to the front, there were 5 out of 9(?) windows open!?! I'm sorry but this does not make sense. They had a steward on the gates to Ewood and a bloke wandering around doing nothing with a radio. Why couldn't they put these on the phones/on the windows? Even close the bloody club shop for a couple of hours to put more staff on selling tickets for christs sake! Even the Blues Bar was staffed up!

I'm a manager at a Supermarket, and when we get busy and a certain department is understaffed, we have to switch the staff around to satisfy demand. Having staff cleaning the staff toilets when there are queues at the tills is bloody pointless and very foolish. Come on Rovers think!

I also agree with the person who says the staff should be working round the clock. I used to work in an abbatoir/factory and when we got a big order in we bloody well stayed! And that was supplying mince meat for Morrisons, never mind satisfying thousands of people in the biggest game for 45 years!!!

The 'bloke wandering around doing nothing with a radio' was probably trying to stop fans from parking on double yellow lines and thus getting parking tickets.

Despite requests, fans aren't parking on the car parks, they are just ditching their cars on the streets, and then they get annoyed when they've to leave the queue to avoid getting parking tickets.

The steward is just there to ensure there's no trouble.

The staff at the club shop are employed by Sports World, they are not Blackburn Rovers staff any more.

Neither of these people (nor me for that matter) know how the ticket office system works, and can't readily be trained in flogging tickets.

There's a huge difference between scanning a side of beef on a till and grilling some disgruntled person who has queued for 40 minutes on why he wants 5 tickets for a game when he's only ever bought 1 in the past.

It pisses me off. On Sky you see queues and queues of people at Brentford with happy smiling faces queuing for hours to get their tickets for their cup replay, whereas we get people complaing because it was cold and they had to stand in line for an hour in a sheltered concourse with the TVs on.

I assume you got your ticket in the end?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif burnley have only 250 tickets left,78 with resticted view-never knew there was a resticted view in the darwen end.7,000 dingles to taunt oh how i love march tinykit.gif

Only restricted bit I can think of is top of top tier, sat there once and roof blocks a bit of the view

Definately looking a sell out now they have nearly sold out

Come on lads lets fill Ewood

I don't know what has led you to come to that conclusion, but it certainly isn't the case at this time.

Just that my dads mate wanted 4 together, only place he could get them was JW stand.

Lee, do I stand a good chance of getting 4 together on sunday?

Aren't you a season ticket holder Dan?

Anway, we'll know better by close of play today, because there will be season ticket holders who won't get a ticket for this game, juniors, people who have to work etc.

Once we know how many season ticket seats we can sell there'll be a better idea, but as it stands there at this time are plenty of seats left in all areas of the ground, though with us not selling season ticket holders seats yet it might be trickier to get a few together.

Edited by Lee

Definately looking a sell out now they have nearly sold out

Come on lads lets fill Ewood

I don't know what has led you to come to that conclusion, but it certainly isn't the case at this time.

Just that my dads mate wanted 4 together, only place he could get them was JW stand.

Lee, do I stand a good chance of getting 4 together on sunday?

Aren't you a season ticket holder Dan?

Anway, we'll know better by close of play today, because there will be season ticket holders who won't get a ticket for this game, juniors, people who have to work etc.

Once we know how many season ticket seats we can sell there'll be a better idea, but as it stands there at this time are plenty of seats left in all areas of the ground

No mate not this season, but I have definately got a very good history on the database for buying tickets a lot.

Im not bothered where I sit, I just want 4 tickets together (either 4 in a row or 2 in front and 2 behind if you get my drift)

What are my chances Lee, surely you know a bit on how we are selling....

Dan, the Ticket office are too busy to ask to be perfectly honest.

But can tell you that the queue at the ticket office isn't as large right now as it has been on previous days

Edited by Lee

Lee - How far back does the clubs database for buying tickets go? Any ideas?

I haven't bought a ticket myself since the year we came back up. I always get someone else to pop down the ticket office for me.

Can I do a bit of name dropping if they get funny? ".......well Lee Grooby said......" biggrin.gif

Absolutely agree with your points about ticketing, Lee.

Things have to be arranged to suit the majority, it is unfortunate if a few fans have difficulty with the ticketing arrangements but I'm sure with a little thought and planning most problems can be sorted out.

Besides the fact that ticket sellers need to be trained, employees these days have contracts in which their jobs are quite specifically stated. It's highly unlikely that a cleaner will have in his or her job specification "To assist in the ticket office as and when required" or the operater in the ticket office would be required to nip down and clean the toilets if the cleaners are short and I would assume that a different rate of pay would apply anyway. (This is for the few who don't seem to understand how the real world works)

Having said that, I'm sure Lee wouldn't mind closing down the official message board until Tuesday so he can pop over and give them a hand tongue.gif

Edited by roversmum

Neither of these people (nor me for that matter) know how the ticket office system works, and can't readily be trained in flogging tickets.

With all due respect you ought to be and so should everyone else.

Multi-tasking and a flexible workforce is a manadatory requirement in most work places these days - with a small staff such as the one at Ewood I would have thought it essential.

Even Mr Williams might get his hands "dirty" occasionally.

All hands to the pumps in the areas of greatest need !

Edited by jim mk2

Mum - most job descriptions these days have the lovely catch all - "any other duties as required by management"

But agree entiorely with the rest of your post. The Ticket Office staff deserve a pat on the back for their hard work on this. Selling 23000 tickets in less than a week is no mean feat (presuming we sell out).

At some point an update would be good from the club, to encourage those people who havnt yet got tickets that they are still available, and perhaps where they are.

Multi-tasking and a flexible workforce is a manadatory requirement in most work places these days - with a small staff such as the one at Ewood I would have thought it essential.

So if needed you can nip down to the printing works and run off 3 million copies of the Sun (or its cousin the tabloid Times) ??

I think not.

So if needed you can nip down to the printing works and run off 3 million copies of the Sun (or its cousin the tabloid Times) ??

I think not.

Read it again before making stupid comments.

Another pint of Guinness please.

Why oh why can't people just enjoy the moment? Since 31st January - yes an entire month by the time we kick off on Tuesday - Rovers and Burnley have provided us with huge anticipation, excitment and entertainment. What else do people want? If I was JW I'd be thinking just what do I have to do to satisfy this bunch of moaning whingers.

I'm delighted with the situation, we all should be, the biggest demand for tickets for years, this is POSITIVE. The ground will be rocking. I am beginning to believe there is a section of support who will only be happy the day we are relegated to the Conference. Then you'll really have something to whinge about.

Have a bit of patience and be supportive of the club just once. If we beat Burnley I hope it will be more of the same for Leicester tickets. Keep it going Mr Williams you and the Rovers staff do a magnificent job.

I think it would be fair enough for the club to spend the time and money to train the staff for occasions such as this IF it was a problem that occured more than once every couple of years.

Since its such a rare thing, if the staff were forced to do it, they would not know exactly what they were doing, would contstantly ask the staff he work in the ticket office how to do stuff and we would be on here complaining about how poor all these backroom staff were.

There is only one sensible solution (and bt the sounds of it it will be implemented v soon), and that is to automate it, i.e online or automated phone services.

Why oh why can't people just enjoy the moment? Since 31st January - yes an entire month by the time we kick off on Tuesday - Rovers and Burnley have provided us with huge anticipation, excitment and entertainment. What else do people want? If I was JW I'd be thinking just what do I have to do to satisfy this bunch of moaning whingers.

Missing the point.

Supporters are making legitimate points about the way the club is run.

For the price we have to pay it's not good enough and adds an unnecessary sour taste to the enjoyment of the occasion.

Ticket problems at Ewood are nothing new - remember the 1960 Cup Final ?

No I'm not missing the point. There are people who will moan and whinge regardless, seems to me you are in that camp. Yes it could be better, yes there are systems which are due to be implemented in March that will overcome this problem. However to suggest Rovers should make capital and training investments to satisfy a demand unseen for years and unlikely to be repeated in the medium-term is financial lunacy.

We have a situation in which thousands of fans who have been in the comfort zone for too long suddenly discover it can be difficult to get a ticket at Ewood. I would say to those people buy an ST, support the club more than once every 5 years and give John Williams a sound financial reason to increase the club's investment in ticketing.

I have no problem with the situation, I know what it takes to get a ticket when demand is high and took the necessary action. I suggest others do the same. It isn't difficult. Understand the situation and then take your own actions to ensure one gets tickets. Or is the armchair support now so lazy that's too much to ask?

This constant moaning is irritating beyond belief. Dress it up any way you wish, it's just more moaning.

If people really wanted tickets, they've had plenty of time to get them. I got 3 in monday and was only on the phone for 25 minutes.

I agree when people are standing in the cold for a hour for tickets and the office only has two or three windows open it can be a bit frustrating, but staff may be ill or have holidays booked. The club didn't know we were going to get Burnley in the cup never mind a replay dry.gif

Anyway, we are a consultant or two short here at Huddersfield Infirmary so i'm just off to perform a hip replacement ohmy.gif

I just rang the ticket office number and was 30th in the queue.

Futher update, just been downstairs and there is NO QUEUE, there is about 5 people at windows

Edited by Lee

Or is the armchair support now so lazy that's too much to ask?

Missing the point there. Its not just the armchair support who are finding it difficult, and its certainly not down to being lazy, people cant exactly just get a couple of hours to get down to Ewood during office hours, or havent got the facilities to hang on the end of a telephone for an hour.

People here are raising genuine concerns, and its only though knowing your weak points that the ticket office can improve. That will benefit us all in the long run.

That said I agree with you about Jim and moaning for moanings sake, dress that up any way you like, but his (or is it the times) agenda against John Williams tends to get in the way of rational thought.

shut up Jim please for once - just be quiet - hush - quiet - silence - etc etc

Rovers are doing the best we can, now that Souness has gone you have to have someone to moan about so its Williams - I blame the part time fans who only go to the "best" games - where are you lot when Rovers are playing Charlton or Portsmouth at home.

No I'm not missing the point. There are people who will moan and whinge regardless, seems to me you are in that camp. Yes it could be better, yes there are systems which are due to be implemented in March that will overcome this problem. However to suggest Rovers should make capital and training investments to satisfy a demand unseen for years and unlikely to be repeated in the medium-term is financial lunacy.

We have a situation in which thousands of fans who have been in the comfort zone for too long suddenly discover it can be difficult to get a ticket at Ewood. I would say to those people buy an ST, support the club more than once every 5 years and give John Williams a sound financial reason to increase the club's investment in ticketing.

I have no problem with the situation, I know what it takes to get a ticket when demand is high and took the necessary action. I suggest others do the same. It isn't difficult. Understand the situation and then take your own actions to ensure one gets tickets. Or is the armchair support now so lazy that's too much to ask?

This constant moaning is irritating beyond belief. Dress it up any way you wish, it's just more moaning.

And with that Paul, you get my vote for best post in the grooby's,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.