SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cup ticket scheme isn't a con. If you don't take it then you have to get tickets the old fashioned way. There wouldn't be any complaints about this if we hadn't drawn Burnley. People's agendas when they complain shine through.

But we have drawn Burnley and consequently demand for tickets is high. The complaints were that the club weren't doing enough to allow fans to get the tickets, something the club have obviously recognised and have now extended the ticket office opening hours in an attempt to cope.

As has been pointed out several times, the home cup ticket scheme is not appropriate for everyone, whether the reason be cost or simply that people don't know in the summer whether they'll be able to make the games.

Postal application is exactly what I'll be doing next time. Unfortunately I didn't realise how big the problem would be till yesterday afternoon.

Still, we live and learn.

Wouldnt trust a postal application for something as important as this.

You are screw£d if it gets lost in the post. I have had to many things get lost in the post, including season ticket applications (this year both my season ticket pack and then my completed application got lost).

That doesn't seem to be correct Paul. I think you were given duff info by the steward.

I managed a ticket for a friend who is a S/T holder plus one extra (three tickets in total) with no problem.

It seems I could possibly have got yours for you as well. Sorry! rolleyes.gif

I was on the phone this morning for just under an hour and a half.

More than a relief than anything as I was in a rush to get somewhere.

I've got them and that's all that matter, I'm not complaining about the phone lines, I was on and I could tell that the club have made an effort in trying to make the service quicker.

That doesn't seem to be correct Paul. I think you were It seems I could possibly have got yours for you as well. Sorry! rolleyes.gif

Never mind Rev. I went back after I'd been into town - still had to wait for an hour or so. Good offer though, cheers.

The cup ticket scheme isn't a con. If you don't take it then you have to get tickets the old fashioned way. There wouldn't be any complaints about this if we hadn't drawn Burnley. People's agendas when they complain shine through.

But we have drawn Burnley and consequently demand for tickets is high. The complaints were that the club weren't doing enough to allow fans to get the tickets, something the club have obviously recognised and have now extended the ticket office opening hours in an attempt to cope.

As has been pointed out several times, the home cup ticket scheme is not appropriate for everyone, whether the reason be cost or simply that people don't know in the summer whether they'll be able to make the games.

I'm not entirely sure how much more the club could have done in the situation. I have absolutely no clue in regards to ticketing schemes and strategies, therefore a lot of this is speculation.

Now, when the draw was made, Blackburn should have been anticipating a replay. This means organising security and the likes. It also means that a ticket allocation strategy should have been made. However, there are only, what, ten days in between the two games?

With the number of season ticket holders willing to go to this one, it possibly (probably?) wouldn't have been enough to set aside a day or two for them just to renew their own seats. Therefore they've just had to let the stampede come at the same time, and set a reasonable deadline to renew.

I don't know much regarding the staffing on the phones or at the windows because I wasn't the one who bought the tickets. If they were understaffed then this is the fault of the club. Drafting people in at short notice may well be difficult. I'm not sure how many tickets can physically be processed/printed at the same time anyway so how quickly the queues move will be limited anyway.

People are complaining that they are finding it hard to get through and claim their own seats. This is the risk they have run by not buying into the cup scheme. Yes, it's hard to plan ahead for cup games because you have no idea where and when they will be, but that's the risk nevertheless. It seems to me that people are complaining that it isn't a foregone conclusion that they'll get their own seats whenever they feel like ringing up/going down. Yet if the club automatically gave them a ticket to a less glamorous tie then they'd feel pressured to go down and angry at the club too.

If you haven't used the cup scheme then it's only right that you pay your dues in the line. I queued for six hours for Cardiff, and whilst it wasn't a joy, it was something that had to be done and there were little complaints from me. People here are moaning that it isn't put on a plate for them when a big game finally comes along, and this seems like a situation from which the club cannot win.

But I'll say again, if we don't sell out because people can't get tickets then the club need to ask themselves whether they've done all they can to sell them. The club cannot afford to put people off attending Ewood - even if it is for a one-off game.

Just a quick question - has anybody who ordered their tickets on TUesday when the systems were down actually recieved them yet? or heard when they should be coming?

I went down to Ewood on Tuesday after work when commputors went down.

Tickets arrived in post as promised to-day. 11:00am at a guess but I was at work when postie calls.

Can't wait till dingle time

Finally got my ticket this morning - was starting to panic, though !

I'm not on any of the cup/away games ticket schemes, because it's not always possible to change my work commitments, so it's been plenty of waiting on the phone for me recently, but I knew before the start of the seaon, I'd have to queue up for any big cup games. We all did. After Bournemouth at home, I didn't think I'd be having problems this season.....

Waited on the phone queue from 08:50 this morning and was still 30th in line. It only took 12 mins to get to an operator though, they were very fast this morning in clearing the back log. Have to agree with roversismylife, there was a definite improvement in the response speeds. I'd previously spent Mon & Tues ringing every hour or so only to find 40 - 50+ queues which I couldn't join whilst still being at work (my manger's still not had his bill for last week's 45min wait yet !).

Hope everyone can get their hands on the tickets they need - looking forward to seeing Ewood packed to the rafters! It's a shame that some are using personal disappointment in this rare case as a reason to slate a ticket office which is by and large very helpful and efficient.

Thanks everyone . Only sent my postal application off today . Getting slightly worried...... sad.gif

Snap - it was last resort as there was no way I could wait for over an hour on the phone whilst at work, and not being able to get the time off either to go to the ground.

Hope the Royal Mail are up to it bruv!

I think the club deserve a massive pat on the back for realising the problems people have been having and reacting accordingly.

Edited by mjs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.