Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom
Tickets ordered Tuesday afternoon.. still not arrived yet ... come on postie !  blink.gif

It is snowing.....give us a break!!! wink.gif

Why? are you a postie too? tongue.gif

Probably regret this but......Yes

Yer doin' a grand job mate thumbs-up.gif

Does anyone know the cost of a 08701 call per minute? I`m sure the club will get a nice litle bonus from the company that supplies 0870 numbers which could go on employing extra staff. I got to Ewood at 4.15pm to be told by a steward that the queue was about 100 minutes so I left and will try again tomorrow but you cant help feeling that only the committed fan would go through all this aggro in poor weather for a chance to see their team. The casual fan stands no chance of seeing a game like this. I can still vividly recall the scenes in 1960 outside the ground at the Blackburn End with queues six men deep trying to get into the ground. I have never been so frightened as I was that night at a football match and I was 12 at the time.

The club will be making around 2p per minute per call.

At the moment, with 50+ lines going, they probably are. To get that they will have to be getting over 800hrs of calls per month, I can't see them hitting that when there isn't a Burnley/Celtic/Cup Final to sell.

The club (and BT) should also make more of a point that 0870 is NOT a premium rate number (as many think), it charged at national rate.

PLEASE on Friday can somebody tell us how many have been sold.

5,000 per day = 15,000 plus lesser nos on Friday,Sat,Sun and monday.

Even at 2,000 per day it should be 23,000 plus 7,000 knuckle-draggers by last thing Monday.

Put us out of our exstacy that the stay-aways might have found their way back.

Tickets ordered Tuesday morning, delivered today.

Damnit!! Ordered mine on Tuesday morning too (when the computers were down) and didn't find the tickets on my doomat when I got home this evening. If they don't arrive tomorrow i'm going to start to panic. But I do live in West London, so it may take an extra day to get here (Picture me standing here with a bunch of straw in my hands).

Hmmm, do you think I should ring the ticket office if they haven't arrived tomorrow? laugh.gif

Went down today (Thursday) and queued for around 1hr 10mins. It was bloody freezing. When we got to the front, there were 5 out of 9(?) windows open!?! I'm sorry but this does not make sense. They had a steward on the gates to Ewood and a bloke wandering around doing nothing with a radio. Why couldn't they put these on the phones/on the windows? Even close the bloody club shop for a couple of hours to put more staff on selling tickets for christs sake! Even the Blues Bar was staffed up!

I'm a manager at a Supermarket, and when we get busy and a certain department is understaffed, we have to switch the staff around to satisfy demand. Having staff cleaning the staff toilets when there are queues at the tills is bloody pointless and very foolish. Come on Rovers think!

I also agree with the person who says the staff should be working round the clock. I used to work in an abbatoir/factory and when we got a big order in we bloody well stayed! And that was supplying mince meat for Morrisons, never mind satisfying thousands of people in the biggest game for 45 years!!!

Does anyone know the cost of a 08701 call per minute? I`m sure the club will get a nice litle bonus from the company that supplies 0870 numbers

national rate call = 7.5p per minute

so an average call of about an hour will cost you 4.50.

Plus your booking fee.

Went down today (Thursday) and queued for around 1hr 10mins. It was bloody freezing. When we got to the front, there were 5 out of 9(?) windows open!?! I'm sorry but this does not make sense. They had a steward on the gates to Ewood and a bloke wandering around doing nothing with a radio. Why couldn't they put these on the phones/on the windows? Even close the bloody club shop for a couple of hours to put more staff on selling tickets for christs sake! Even the Blues Bar was staffed up!

I'm a manager at a Supermarket, and when we get busy and a certain department is understaffed, we have to switch the staff around to satisfy demand. Having staff cleaning the staff toilets when there are queues at the tills is bloody pointless and very foolish. Come on Rovers think!

I also agree with the person who says the staff should be working round the clock. I used to work in an abbatoir/factory and when we got a big order in we bloody well stayed! And that was supplying mince meat for Morrisons, never mind satisfying thousands of people in the biggest game for 45 years!!!

I have to agree with you IHB, that more staff are required at the Ticket Office. To be honest I don't think there is going to be enough time for everybody to buy a ticket who wants to go. I hope I stand corrected come Tuesday night though.

Just a word of thanks to the Call Centre staff, I myself work on a Call Centre and know what it's like at busy times when the phone rings constantly, none-stop, all day! Having said that, we don't take as many calls as Rovers have been doing for the last 3 days...Anyway Well done guys!

Does anyone know the cost of a 08701 call per minute? I`m sure  the club will get a nice litle bonus from the company that supplies 0870 numbers

national rate call = 7.5p per minute

so an average call of about an hour will cost you 4.50.

Plus your booking fee.

rover.gif well i'll be sending my bill to jw tinykit.gif

Good post. Exactly the point I was making earlier.

Not exactly "rocket science" is it, but then Williams is paid £400,000 plus a year so he must be good at something.

Good post. Exactly the point I was making earlier.

Not exactly "rocket science" is it, but then Williams is paid £400,000 plus a year so he must be good at something.

Obviously his talents do not include pitching in and operating a kticket booth either. rover.gif

I guess that he is far too busy trying to work out how to attract more supporters and not p1ss regular ones off. Difficult innit? withstupid.gif

Definately looking a sell out now they have nearly sold out

Come on lads lets fill Ewood

I don't know what has led you to come to that conclusion, but it certainly isn't the case at this time.

Just that my dads mate wanted 4 together, only place he could get them was JW stand.

Lee, do I stand a good chance of getting 4 together on sunday?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.