BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

I just rang the ticket office number and was 30th in the queue.

Futher update, just been downstairs and there is NO QUEUE, there is about 5 people at windows

the ticket office number is an 0870 number is is not!!!!

that answers your theries on why there are no queues, even when they tell you that you are in position number 30....

does anybody know how the selling is going...with regard to the amount of tickets that maybe left?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif i'm sorry paul but i do not agree,look at the post's from yesterday as soon as 12 noon come along half the phones went down,surely little alice could eat her mcds at the desk,ever heard off employment agencies.i'm in the jw out campiagn,the guy get's paid toooooooooo much for tooooooooo little. tinykit.gif

No I'm not missing the point. There are people who will moan and whinge regardless, seems to me you are in that camp. Yes it could be better, yes there are systems which are due to be implemented in March that will overcome this problem. However to suggest Rovers should make capital and training investments to satisfy a demand unseen for years and unlikely to be repeated in the medium-term is financial lunacy.

We have a situation in which thousands of fans who have been in the comfort zone for too long suddenly discover it can be difficult to get a ticket at Ewood. I would say to those people buy an ST, support the club more than once every 5 years and give John Williams a sound financial reason to increase the club's investment in ticketing.

I have no problem with the situation, I know what it takes to get a ticket when demand is high and took the necessary action. I suggest others do the same. It isn't difficult. Understand the situation and then take your own actions to ensure one gets tickets. Or is the armchair support now so lazy that's too much to ask?

This constant moaning is irritating beyond belief. Dress it up any way you wish, it's just more moaning.

I don't expect Rovers to make a huge investment to cope with this kind of situation. However since this is such an exceptional event extending the opening hours for the ticket office so that people could go or ring in the evening is not unreasonable.

You say support the club more than once ever five years, well I do, I have a season ticket and go to every away game as well. That's why I find it frustrating, if I only went once in a blue moon then I would think fair enough, it's busy I will have to put up with that.

You also say it's not difficult to do what's necessary to get a ticket for this game but that's not true for everyone. I managed to get away from work early to get a ticket because my boss is a footie fan so understood how important this was. However I couldn't have spent an hour or more on the phone at work running up my company's phone bill and if my boss had been less understanding I would have had real problems.

Or is the armchair support now so lazy that's too much to ask?

People here are raising genuine concerns, and its only though knowing your weak points that the ticket office can improve. That will benefit us all in the long run.

Very true Ste and as we both know the club will take action to address the situation. I hope this will be an internet based system whereby ST holders can book tickets whenever is convenient to them.

Faced with the current position the regular support has an important role to play. Fans can make one of two choices:

1. Understand the position, do what they can to ease the position, support the club and, crucially, explain the situation to the casual support. Encourage patience amongst the casual support.

OR

2. Whinge and agree with the casual support.

There's a choice; be positive and support the club, be negative and damage the club. It's up to each of you yto decide. 45 years is a long time to harbour a grudge, I just hope I never reach that stage in my life.

[You also say it's not difficult to do what's necessary to get a ticket for this game but that's not true for everyone.

Sorry don't agree. All it takes is:

1. Envelope

2. Stamp

3. Cheque or postal order

4. SAE

and if you are really worried drive to Ewood and pop the envelope through the door.

.i'm in the jw out campiagn,the guy get's paid toooooooooo much for tooooooooo little. tinykit.gif

For all those who agree with you here,

Who will replace him for less than he is on and do a better job?

Chief execs, whether they deserve it or not, wanta to earn a lot. Couple with the fact that you need to find someone with experience of running a business similar to a topflight football company.

I just struggle to beleive that anyone can ever comprehend that the fact that for once we cannot get tickets with no hassle is another reason to pay a small fortune to get rid of a cheif exec who has done an ok job.

Yes, I may complain about the hassles I have had, but compared with people I know who support other clubs, we just don't know how lucky we are. by the sounds of it with the online booking a significant proportion of people will be able to get the tickets online. This should mean that the current ticketing capacity (phone and office) whould be ample. Sounds like th echief exec has done his job and was just unlucky that this new approach was not avaliable in time.

Faced with the current position the regular support has an important role to play. Fans can make one of two choices:

1. Understand the position, do what they can to ease the position, support the club and, crucially, explain the situation to the casual support. Encourage patience amongst the casual support.

OR

2. Whinge and agree with the casual support.

There's a choice; be positive and support the club, be negative and damage the club. It's up to each of you yto decide. 45 years is a long time to harbour a grudge, I just hope I never reach that stage in my life.

Paul, it's not fair to say the second option is to whinge and agree with the casual support.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to say that the current system is acceptable. People are pointing out that they're busting a gut to get a ticket, but can't get through. They can't get to Ewood and can't get through on the phone lines.

This can be taken in two ways - either moaning or positive criticism. I prefer to take the second view.

Maybe there are plans to improve the situation in future, that's the least I would expect, but at the moment that is only rumour.

rover.gif i can remenber john haworth selling tickets before now tinykit.gif

Well said.

Years ago I saw Jack Marshall sweeping the terraces after a game ! Johnny Carey used to to muck in cleaning the dressing room.

Work to be done so the management helps out.

If the club asks for criticism it is going to get it, and in this case it deserves it.

This can be taken in two ways - either moaning or positive criticism. I prefer to take the second view.

Maybe there are plans to improve the situation in future, that's the least I would expect, but at the moment that is only rumour.

Quite agree den but there are also those who have an agenda and will take an opportunity to move that agenda forwards.

I have never met with anything but help, politeness and consideration by the Ewood staff. It needs saying, they all do what they can to make things happen for the individual supporter.

rover.gif i can remenber john haworth selling tickets before now tinykit.gif

Well said.

Years ago I saw Jack Marshall sweeping the terraces after a game ! Johnny Carey used to to muck in cleaning the dressing room.

Work to be done so the management helps out.

If the club asks for criticism it is going to get it, and in this case it deserves it.

I know that most would like the club and football in general to be run like it was in the gold 'ol day but things have moved on.

Whther you like it or not, the only time you will ever see a chied exec working on the "shop floor" is when the do it for that BBC programme, "Back to the floor" or something.

Personally I get the feeling that Williams would actually be usless at manning a phone or window in the ticket office. biggrin.gif

Ticket update for you.

We (the club) envisage that after the Season Ticket deadline has passed today that there will be in the region of 5000 tickets remaining to be sold on Saturday (9am-4pm), Sunday (11am-3pm) and Monday (9am-7pm)

Obviously if this changes then we'll will make further announcements.

Personally, I find it far more annoying when posters take any criticism of the club as some sort of personal insult. There have been many legitimate points made in this thread by Jim and others - to brand them as "moaning" is insulting and slightly pathetic.

There are obviously a lot of fans who don't normally attend games who want a ticket for this one. Rovers need to be doing all they can to ensure that (1) they get a ticket, and (2) the experience doesn't put them off wanting to get another one. The club simply cannot afford to put off these fans, these are the fans that we need to attract back regularly if we are to grow as a club.

In addition, there are many season ticket holders who are struggling to get their tickets. I'm lucky that my work is relaxed enough at the moment that I can spend an hour on the phone to the ticket office. If it wasn't I'd have been struggling as I live in manchester and would have had to take time off to get to Ewood - or risk not getting my own seat at the weekend.

The club seem to have been initially caught out by the demand for this game. They've responded now by extending the TO opening hours but why didn't they see this coming originally? Why weren't additional measures put in place straight away? The demand for a potential replay should have been obvious the second we drew Burnley.

Edited by Scotty

Ticket update for you.

We (the club) envisage that after the Season Ticket deadline has passed today that there will be in the region of 5000 tickets remaining to be sold on Saturday (9am-4pm), Sunday (11am-3pm) and Monday (9am-7pm)

Why only those limited opening times ?

To ensure that every tickets is sold and fans are not on the telephone for hours on end the ticket office should be open 24 hours a day.

Pathetic.

Ticket update for you.

To ensure that every tickets is sold and fans are not on the telephone for hours on end the ticket office should be open 24 hours a day.

Pathetic.

Pathetic

Ticket update for you.

Pathetic.

Pathetic

Actually it's a very good idea. By not being open 24/7 the ticket office are missing that 3am crowd and that'll be the difference between selling out and having empty seats.

Also, pathetic.

Ticket update for you.

Pathetic.

Pathetic

Actually it's a very good idea. By not being open 24/7 the ticket office are missing that 3am crowd and that'll be the difference between selling out and having empty seats.

Also, pathetic.

Could even get people walkin from Heaven and Hell night out to get tickets, beat the rush

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Pathetic.

perhaps they seen that the queues have started to drop off and they are not a busy as they were. From what Lee has said it appears to be a lot quiter today.

We will only know come tomorrow and Sunday whether they are correct.

It may turn out the club have a better idea of demand than we think, and just were caught out by a mad rush of season ticket holders and people with a history.

Don't criticse the weekends ticketing arrangements sood soon.

Pathetic.

And thus in one post all Jim's remaining credibility on this issue vanishes

And thus in one post all Jim's remaining credibility on this issue vanishes

You could assume he was saying that as a joke, but given his vociferous criticims so far on this issue I think we are more likely to assume that he is serious, and thus, as so rightly say, he removes his credibilty on this issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.