BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those supporters who think that the BRFC ticket office is rubbish should check out what's been happening at the Turd.

Have a look at Clarets Mad under the topic: Tickets left...another rumour from the monger.

Apparently they've got far more tickets left than they thought they had at the Turd for Sundays game because they can't add up/found a few hundred more tickets in a shoebox under their desks.

Even the Lancashire Evening Telegraph sports desk has been dragged into the argument on the message board!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Edmundson (?), Burnley CE (?), was on Radio Lancs this morning stating there were still tickets available.

Incidentally why are Radio Lancs spending the entire week at Turf Moor? Are we getting a feature?

Radio lancashire has had a downer on all things blue and white since radio Rovers took off and Kenny wouldn't give them interviews. You'll hear a certain presenter refer to this on his show from time to time which still irritates the hell out of them obviously. Also the refusal after many requests for John Williams to answer fans questions on radio lancashire also didn't go down to well.

I'm sure that these incidents have nothing to do with current coverage biggrin.gif

Come on Paul, don't be so churlish- it's their first chance to be in the limelight sin ce April 1st 2001.

Incidentally, can't one of those tickets from the shoebox be saved for Gav/Debs?

Been offered 4 for the Bob Lord stand but i'm not sitting with those monkeys.

Biggest ticket cock-up this weekend has to be Brentford for their cup tie at Southampton. They turned down the option of 4,750 tickets in favour of 3,200 as they had to pay for any unsold tickets. (Shades of Celtic!)

Then they put them on sale straight away open sale with no preference for Season ticket holders or club members!

I can imagine the thread on here if we ever did that! ohmy.gif

link

Edited by Hasta

Biggest ticket cock-up this weekend has to be Brentford for their cup tie at Southampton. They turned down the option of 4,750 tickets in favour of 3,200 as they had to pay for any unsold tickets. (Shades of Celtic!)

Then they put them on sale straight away open sale with no preference for Season ticket holders or club members!

I can imagine the thread on here if we ever did that! ohmy.gif

link

They can't win really though. Look at the bees average home crowd.

Come on Paul, don't be so churlish- it's their first chance to be in the limelight sin ce April 1st 2001.

Incidentally, can't one of those tickets from the shoebox be saved for Gav/Debs?

Bananas Gav, lots of Bananas. Think of the half time entertainment, picking fleas off the locals.

Bananas Gav, lots of Bananas. Think of the half time entertainment, picking fleas off the locals.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I can imagine the thread on here if we ever did that!  ohmy.gif

link

They can't win really though. Look at the bees average home crowd.

I wouldn't say they couldn't win. All they had to do was restrict sales to season ticket holders only for a couple of days. Some of our fans are moaning. Imagine being a Brentford season ticket holder despite their poor attendances and travelling to many away games. Then missing out on that game.

More club stupidity. Their manager (forgets his name) was on Sky predicting "Bee's fans being all over the ground and if theirs trouble or a 'disaster' (surely a poor choice of word) some people will need to take a look in the mirror." That somebody will have to be Brentford FC themselves!

All together now.........

"YOU COULDN`T SELL YOUR TICKETS!!

....now, when i`m sat in the pub on Sunday, i want to hear every single one of the 4000+ (we know don`t we wink.gif ) Rovers fans ramming it down the inbreds throats!

DAve Edmundson - Made hundreds and hundreds of peoples lives misery whilst he was head of PE at QEGS - glad to see hes been punished by being sent to the Turd.

Yup. I was one of those unfortunate ones. He nearly put me off sport for life the ****! Him and the monkeys deserve one another.

I dont follow their (mis)fortunes, but its clear Burnley are a very badly run club. I watched the draw live on SSN and was not at all surprised when i saw the 'boadroom reaction'. They looked clueless as to how to tie their shoes, let alone run a football club.

In their biggest game for five years, that REAL laugh.gif football club cannot even shift 18 thousand tickets, the amount we sell for every game.

The old chestnut of 'If we were in the Prem we would have a full house every week' has once again been exposed as absolute nonsense, as they continue to prove themselves as a club that belongs to the lower regions of the second tier.

I've spoken to a number of people who arent happy about the Rovers ticket arrangements.

Whilst its unlikely to sell out, Season Ticket holders have 3 days to claim their own seat, but because they are also on open sale at the same time the queues are around an hour both at Ewood and on the phone. Time which a lot of people cannot take due to day jobs etc.

Personally I think the club should have some ticket office windows just for season ticket holders for this game.

Just booked my tickets over phone and am totally ###### off with the amateurish set-up. Spent an hour on the phone lstening to the same message over and over again.

Did they not realise this would happen and maybe get an outside agency to take some calls from the fans.....

Rovers - Premiership club, Conference set-up.

Absolute disgrace.......

mad.gif

What do you expect when hundreds of people are ringing up at the same time.

Easy solution if you dont want to ring, go to the ground.

How do you go to the ground when you are stuck at work? And how when at work are we supposed to have a free hour to be on the phone to get tickets.

The club has made a big mistake by having open sale from day 1, Should not be on open until Friday.

They also should have more people on the phone and at the ticket office windows.

Jus hope its quieter on the phone this afternoon or tomorrow.

Easy solution if you dont want to ring, go to the ground.

Its not that easy, when people have a day job to get on with as well. Especially if they live/work miles away from Ewood as many of the people on this site do. Even then, a lot of people cant spend an hour queing at the ground to get to one of the 3 open windows.

Spending an hour on a phone isn't the answer, when your job involves you using that phone to make/answer calls and join teleconferences on a regular basis.

At the very least there should be dedicated windows for season ticket holders, and the tickets should not have gone on open sale at the same time. Theres a good few season ticket holders who are struggling to get their guaranteed seat by Thursday PM.. it would be interesting to see what the clubs reaction to that will be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.