BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

Jim2 would only be pleasantly surprised ,( never "happy") if the club were to personally visit every supporter and provide them directly with the seats they would like -no extra charge of course-and add free parking and free beer as a bonus!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif i can remenber john haworth selling tickets before now tinykit.gif

Is that the same John Haworth who when confronted with fans oustide Spartak Moscow's stadium who had not been given their tickets, responded that he couldn't help as he'd miss the start of the game?

Edited by Manchester Blue

Personally, I find it far more annoying when posters take any criticism of the club as some sort of personal insult. There have been many legitimate points made in this thread by Jim and others - to brand them as "moaning" is insulting and slightly pathetic.

Your post may carry a bit more credibility if it didn't use as an example a person who is on a one-man crusade against the senior management of this club. Possibly because he is bitter at the failure that he has made of his working life but either way that is what is pathetic.

There are obviously a lot of fans who don't normally attend games who want a ticket for this one.  Rovers need to be doing all they can to ensure that (1) they get a ticket, and (2) the experience doesn't put them off wanting to get another one.  The club simply cannot afford to put off these fans, these are the fans that we need to attract back regularly if we are to grow as a club.

In my opinion this is even more important than the result ohmy.gifph34r.gif

There are obviously a lot of fans who don't normally attend games who want a ticket for this one.  Rovers need to be doing all they can to ensure that (1) they get a ticket, and (2) the experience doesn't put them off wanting to get another one.  The club simply cannot afford to put off these fans, these are the fans that we need to attract back regularly if we are to grow as a club.

In my opinion this is even more important than the result ohmy.gifph34r.gif

Comletely agree. I know of many ex-attendees who now feel that just the process of aquiring a ticket of any game is too much.....granted these people were born BC ( before computers ).

Alot of rovers fans who used to attend are infirm or dead, many other wont go cause thay cant hand over money at the turnstile.

its true, go talk to the old gits in the pubs...they will tell you.

For obvious reasons, I haven't had the frustration of getting a ticket for this one (though I will be at the Arsenal match - if I can get a ticket...), so I am viewing the situation somewhat dispassionately.

For my sins, I used to be General Manager of Cadbury World, and vividly remember the occasion after we first advertised in Radio Times which prompted hordes to decsend the nexy day, and we weren't ready for it. 3 hour line-ups in the rain, and lots of people very upset. But it was our fault. We'd enticed them to come, and failed to make it a good experience when they did. So we spent a fortune on a timed ticketing system ASAP and it never happened again, even on days when larger numbers showed up.

Williams has been bleating on forever about the need for the fans to turn up, and guess what, here they all are. Hardly a surprise that it's for this match either; and of course there was always going to be the added complication of having to re-sell to season-ticket holders. So to my mind any contemplation of a replay for this game should have focused on the need/opportunity to "delight the customers" while having to sell 23,000 tickets in the space of a few days. This is not the first time people have had to queue forever to get a ticket for a match, it's been happening on and off for 45 years.

But it's 2005, and people's expectations of service and also the value they put on their own time have increased exponentially since the 1960 cup final. That's why Tesco now open another checkout whenever the queue gets more than 2 deep. Pleasing customers in today's environment is tough, but that's what real Chief Execs get paid for.

I understand the frustration in Lee's post - I had to deal with many an irate visitor - but to blame the customers for moaning isn't acceptable in any business these days.

The next time the people of Blackburn do what the club asks and want to come to a game, please don't blame them for turning up and tell them they should be lucky they only had to take 3 hours off work.

With the Dingles due to sell out for 'their Cup Final' sometime tomorrow and the fact that they play at Dumpdale on Saturday afternoon it could make for an interesting cross-section of folk queing for tickets at Ewood on Saturday morning. ohmy.gif

Just thought I'd bring this up again ..... once they know that there are 5000 tickets left I'm sure they will be paying us a visit.

5000 is a lot?

How precisely is it? tickets have been on sale for how long? 3 and a half days.

Thats 25 hours the ticket office has been open. All the time there has been people staffing the windows and on the phones, I dont think it would be physically possible for the 8/10 or however many ticket office staff to sell anymore.

In 25 hours they have sold 17,000 tickets. Most of our league games go on sale weeks before and we only sell that many tickets (in total - including 11/12k season tickets).

Theyve done good. If they carry on at this rate they will be sold by Sunday.

Basically the club need ten experienced staff to sell 48 tickets every hour for 7 days straight. Give 'em a break guys they're doing what they can.

If, as stuwilky suggests, they have sold 17000 in 25 hours that's a rate of 680 per hour. At that rate the club will shift 23000 tickets in 34 working hours. Puts them on target to sell out by 4.00pm Saturday.

5000 is a lot?

How precisely is it? tickets have been on sale for how long? 3 and a half days.

Thats 25 hours the ticket office has been open. All the time there has been people staffing the windows and on the phones, I dont think it would be physically possible for the 8/10 or however many ticket office staff to sell anymore.

In 25 hours they have sold 17,000 tickets. Most of our league games go on sale weeks before and we only sell that many tickets (in total - including 11/12k season tickets).

Theyve done good. If they carry on at this rate they will be sold by Sunday.

Point taken Stuwilky.....I'm sure that we WILL sellout.

Puts them on target to sell out by 4.00pm Saturday.

obviously this is only assuming the demand of the last few days is kept at the same high level as we have seem since tuesday- which it will probably not be? from the people i speak to, all the season ticket holders and walk on fans have already purchased- please let there be another 10,ooo rovs still to get down to ewood!

the 13,000 LET report is a little worrying.

Lee is probably in the best position to keep us updated- please give us an acurate upto date figure at the close of play today!

this is one where we will need every single roverite in that ground, to drown out 7000 sreaming trolls.

thumbs-up.gif

For obvious reasons, I haven't had the frustration of getting a ticket for this one (though I will be at the Arsenal match - if I can get a ticket...), so I am viewing the situation somewhat dispassionately.

For my sins, I used to be General Manager of Cadbury World, and vividly remember the occasion after we first advertised in Radio Times which prompted hordes to decsend the nexy day, and we weren't ready for it. 3 hour line-ups in the rain, and lots of people very upset. But it was our fault. We'd enticed them to come, and failed to make it a good experience when they did. So we spent a fortune on a timed ticketing system ASAP and it never happened again, even on days when larger numbers showed up.

Williams has been bleating on forever about the need for the fans to turn up, and guess what, here they all are. Hardly a surprise that it's for this match either; and of course there was always going to be the added complication of having to re-sell to season-ticket holders. So to my mind any contemplation of a replay for this game should have focused on the need/opportunity to "delight the customers" while having to sell 23,000 tickets in the space of a few days. This is not the first time people have had to queue forever to get a ticket for a match, it's been happening on and off for 45 years.

But it's 2005, and people's expectations of service and also the value they put on their own time have increased exponentially since the 1960 cup final. That's why Tesco now open another checkout whenever the queue gets more than 2 deep. Pleasing customers in today's environment is tough, but that's what real Chief Execs get paid for.

I understand the frustration in Lee's post - I had to deal with many an irate visitor - but to blame the customers for moaning isn't acceptable in any business these days.

The next time the people of Blackburn do what the club asks and want to come to a game, please don't blame them for turning up and tell them they should be lucky they only had to take 3 hours off work.

Thank you for saying it far more eloquently than I could.

Paul, read and inwardly digest. You might learn something.

Jim I already know all of that. I've been there, got the T-shirt, etc. Known it for the last twenty years and spent the last twenty years adapting my business practice to follow the same philosophy.

I have customers who discuss, explore and understand the constraints of our business in peak periods. These people are generally happy to work within the agreed parameters. We then have customers who call us on Monday morning in peak trading season and demand delivery by Tuesday afternoon.

Can you guess who receives the priority?

The thing I have learnt as a customer is that the person who understands the supplier and works with him will ALWAYS come out ahead of those who shout from the rooftops.

Thank you for saying it far more eloquently than I could.

Paul, read and inwardly digest. You might learn something.

But largely irrelevant.

Firstly, no-one from the football club has been "blaming the customers" - in fact JW has told the LET they are stringently checking each and every applicant against the database records and has apologised if this is slowing things down a little.

I'm sure the "customers" would rather endure this little security measure when buying tickets than be sat next to pockets of Burnley fans in the home areas on Tuesday.

Secondly, comparisons with Tesco and the like are largely irrelevant. Tescos customers are not emotionally bound, and can choose Sainsbury's or Asda without even thinking twice.

Thirdly, the most important job of any Chief Exec of Blackburn Rovers is to run a financially prudent set up and ensure the longevity of the football club. 95% of any measure of customer satisfaction is in effect delegated to the Football Manager in any case.

What certainly is NOT the job of the Chief Exec of Rovers is coming up with hair brained schemes OR thowing pots of money needlessly away, in order to ease queueing time by a few minutes, for an event which may or may not occur again this side of the year 2050.

Jim I already know all of that. I've been there, got the T-shirt, etc. Known it for the last twenty years and spent the last twenty years adapting my business practice to follow the same philosophy.

I have customers who discuss, explore and understand the constraints of our business in peak periods. These people are generally happy to work within the agreed parameters. We then have customers who call us on Monday morning in peak trading season and demand delivery by Tuesday afternoon.

Can you guess who receives the priority?

The thing I have learnt as a customer is that the person who understands the supplier and works with him will ALWAYS come out ahead of those who shout from the rooftops.

And what happened to your customers who did not receive the service they expected ? Took their custom elsewhere no doubt.

Customer/client relationship is hardly the same as the supporter and his football club. Fans will always be loyal but they are not compelled to attend matches, and if there is difficulty obtaining a ticket then in all likelihood they won't bother trying the next time.

I doubt if anyone is "shouting from the rooftops". After hanging on the phone for hours they are probably extremely grateful just to speak to a human voice.

.....just been down the club shop (3:15pm Fri) a steady flow of people getting tickets but no queues.

....still not decided whether this is good or bad? (depends if you want a ticket, i suppose??) huh.gif

What certainly is NOT the job of the Chief Exec of Rovers is coming up with hair brained schemes OR thowing pots of money needlessly away, in order to ease queueing time by a few minutes, for an event which may or may not occur again this side of the year 2050.

What self respecting Chief Executive would work on the principle that there is going to be no demand for his product for decades into the future ?

Hell ; I'm hoping there's going to be a similar demand as early as the next fortnight . Let's hope it's better organised ....and if it means a couple of employees working a night shift on the phones , then so be it ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.