BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

Yesterday morning we had sold 13000 tickets. By all accounts yesterday was very quiet, so maybe we didn't reach the 17000 mark.

Another couple of days of poor sales and we might struggle to reach the 20000 mark.

As of last night the club said we had around 5,000 left. If capacity is down to 30,000 and Burnley have 7,000 then we need to sell 23,000. By all accounts we had sold 18,000 by last night and I can confirm it was busy on the phones at least today so i'd say we would have sold at least another 2-3,000 today. I have few doubts that we will shift the last couple of thousand in the next 2 days.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those like David Brent and others stressing about whether Rovers fans will buy the 23000 seats available, please consider two massive factors...

How many under-12 Rovers fans (many season ticket holders) will not attend next Tuesday? Should they be expected to stay out until past 10:00 (if, gulp, extra time and penalties) and be immersed in the inevitable foul and abusive atmosphere (not that it isn't all rather jolly fun for us 'grown ups' wink.gif )

Especially as it is not being televised live, the failure to release tickets on general sale will definitely restrict purchases by the fairest-of-weather armchair fan or the Lancashire-based neutral (both of which categories together could likely number in the thousands and make up a surprisingly high percentage of ANY Lancashire derby match).

So if we are a couple of thousand short of capacity for Bumley's cup final, before donning the sack cloth and ashes for a bit of self-and-other-Rovers-fans-flagellation, just think on...

i think people are massively over-exagerating the number of dingles that will buy tickets in the home ends. there will be an odd few, some sat with mates who are roverites, some corporate etc. But it will be no-where near another Celtic.

There will have been loads of rovers in the home stands at turf morgue, but as we didnt score it was all peace and love.

any dingle stupid enough to risk the home ends and make him/herself know, then has brought on anything that happens. sad.gif

as for ticket sales, Den- you are making more than SG nervous!

Edited by SD4E

''How many under-12 Rovers fans (many season ticket holders) will not attend next Tuesday? Should they be expected to stay out until past 10:00 (if, gulp, extra time and penalties) and be immersed in the inevitable foul and abusive atmosphere (not that it isn't all rather jolly fun for us 'grown ups' ''

Let us not wrap the fair and proper children of Blackburn up in too much cotton wool eh BEB!! rolleyes.gif

Your probably right SD4E it wont be anywhere near like the Celtic game as there wont be knowhere near as many p1ssed up Burnley wandering the streets.

Reading from a couple of Burnley mb's and the impression comes over that many of their support are quite apprehensive about visiting Ewood come Tuesday.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Yeah, ive got that impression too SG194- you get the few numpties going on about drinking in town all day, but most of them seem generally concerned about where to park at ewood, where to get a safe drink etc.

personally, i cant wait for this one, providing we put them to the sword with a resounding 3 goal win. i dont think i can take it if it is still 0-0 going into the last 10 mins! ohmy.gif

Does anyone know how many we have sold and how many they have sold? I don't care about the excusaes but it will be embarrasing if we do not sell out as:-

1) They are on open sale to all enetents and purposes

2) We only have 22,000 or so to sell

3) They are quite cheap

4) Its not on telly.

Thats not even to mention that its the biggest game at Ewood for years against our deadliest rivals and will be the best atmosphere since about nineteencanten.

For f***s sake, whats the matter with you who haven't got your tickets yet.

After all the talk of so called frustration in getting tickets lets get things in to perspective.

Four Rovers supporters chatting on brfcs messageboard. Names are changed to protect the guilty.

Mick: Well I got my ticket for Burnly game, queued up for over an hour and a half at ground Monday morning.

Gary: Oh I got mine with credit card over phone, took over an hour Tuesday morning.

Terry : Got mine this morning took me just under an hour queue at ticket office.

Eric : Who'd a thought thirty years ago you’d have to queue or phone to get a ticket to watch Rover v Burnley.

Mick: Aye. In them days, you just had to turn up on match day and queue along road and pay cash at turnstile

Eric: Aye but if it were a cup match we had to get up half an hour before we went to bed, to queue for tickets after working twenty-nine hours in mill.

Gary: Aye in pouring rain and snow, with icicle dewdrops hanging from your nose.

Eric: And don’t forget if weather were bad you had to walk to ground.

Terry: Aye no trams or buses ment frozen feet, and you had to stamp about to keep warm.

Mick: In hob nailed boots, that clattered on cobbles.

Eric: But the your feet always felt colder if turnstile closed before you got in.

Garry: The best we could manage then was to climb the hill and watch game through the gap between the Riverside and Blackburn End Stand..

Terry: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

Mick: Aye. Even the club was poor. But we were happy.

Eric: 'Aye your right. we was happier then and we had nothing. We used to stand on terraces.

Garry: Terracing? You were lucky to have a terracing after Burnley fans removing Darwen End roof

Terry: You were lucky to have a roof *We* used to have to stand in toilets to keep out of weather!

Mick: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of keeping warm in toilet, with a foot of urine spashing about to keep our feet warm! Would have been a luxury to us. We used to get warmth from jumping up and down on terrace. Half expecting someone to spill Bovril down your back.

Eric: Well when you say Bovril, half the time it was urine

Garry: Aye they were happy days, there were no piped music, no big screen entertainment and no drummer, we had to make up songs to sing to get atmosphere going.

Mick: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe you

ALL: No ney never.

Does anyone know how many we have sold and how many they have sold? I don't care about the excusaes but it will be embarrasing if we do not sell out as:-

3) They are quite cheap

4) Its not on telly.

Thats not even to mention that its the biggest game at Ewood for years against our deadliest rivals and will be the best atmosphere since about nineteencanten.

I'm on my hols and can't go. That's two ST's down.

Reading from a couple of Burnley mb's and the impression comes over that many of their support are quite apprehensive about visiting Ewood come Tuesday.

aye of course....that's why only 4000 have taken the option of coach tickets.

I'm waiting for the famous Burnley soothsayer's to boast that ''''we had 3,000 lads out at Ewood''!!!!!!

LOL laugh.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

3) They are quite cheap

4) Its not on telly.

I'm a bit far away....

Chatting to three lads who live near me and they're going down to Ewood to buy a ticket each, haven't had chance so far to get them because of work.

I'm not sure if it will be a sell out, but I'd guess it will be fairly close.

I wonder if Burnley will get the attendance that they got last Sunday again when they next play on Turf. unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.