SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I am a bit late with this, but just to encourage any waverers who are havering over whether or not to go for a ticket I decided to make the long trip down from Fife if I could get a ticket at about 1-30pm yesterday (Saturday). I rang the Ewood booking office number at 1-35pm and I had my ticket for the CIS stand by 1-50pm. By 3pm I was back home with my train tickets and reservations and my overnight accomodation all sorted. Cant wait for Tuesday to come; COME ON THE ROVERS!!! GET INTO THEM DINGLES AND GIVE 'EM HELL!!

. By 3pm I was back home with my train tickets and reservations and my overnight accomodation all sorted. Cant wait for Tuesday to come; COME ON THE ROVERS!!! GET INTO THEM DINGLES AND GIVE 'EM HELL!!

What train are you getting down Fife Rover? I think we are about 11.50 from Waverley.

Getting overnight bus back from Preston at 2am, does anyone know any Tuesday night late drinks in Preston at al?

. By 3pm I was back home with my train tickets and reservations and my overnight accomodation all sorted. Cant wait for Tuesday to come; COME ON THE ROVERS!!! GET INTO THEM DINGLES AND GIVE 'EM HELL!!

What train are you getting down Fife Rover? I think we are about 11.50 from Waverley.

Getting overnight bus back from Preston at 2am, does anyone know any Tuesday night late drinks in Preston at al?

Tens cafe bar - nice girls too. wink.gif

Guest Kamy100

Are we going to sell out our remaining tickets today?

I doubt if the ticket office staff have anything to do with it. I went down yesterday to buy 4 additional tickets so that some of my family could go to the game. I have done exactly the same thing earlier this season for the Liverpool and Middlesborough game. The lady who served me said I am sorry sir you do not have a buying history for purchasing these amounts of tickets so cannot sell them to you, told her that she must be mistaken because I have bought 4 tickets to the Liverpool and Boro game. However she just kept saying nope you haven't and basically accused me of being a liar and her general; attitude towards me "stunk". Anyway I didn't see any point in getting into an argument with her so just left. Because of her incompetance Rovers have alienated a season ticket holder and also lost out on the opportunity of attracting some "armchair" fans to Ewood on a more regular basis.

I don't know what is going on at Ewood but these types of incidents are just not on, especially at a time when the club should be doing all it can to get people to come to Ewood. I am still very angry about all of this and shall be writing to John Williams and I will recommed a consultant so that he can send "some" of the ticket office staff on Customer Service training.

Edited by Kamy100

Why/how were Burnley allowed to put their tickets on open sale with 6 per person if wanted?

Because they werent worried about Rovers fans buying tickets for the Darwen End. Although this means that some more devoted Dingles fans may have missed out on tickets and thus will try and buy them in the home areas.

And given how many complaints about the current supposed trained ticket office staff handles some of the applications such as Kamy100's, just think how bad it would have been if the club had done as some here had suggested and put other backroom/office staff into the ticket office.

I doubt if the ticket office staff have anything to do with it. I went down yesterday to buy 4 additional tickets so that some of my family could go to the game. I have done exactly the same thing earlier this season for the Liverpool and Middlesborough game. The lady who served me said I am sorry sir you do not have a buying history for purchasing these amounts of tickets so cannot sell them to you, told her that she must be mistaken because I have bought 4 tickets to the Liverpool and Boro game. However she just kept saying nope you haven't and basically accused me of being a liar and her general; attitude towards me "stunk". Anyway I didn't see any point in getting into an argument with her so just left. Because of her incompetance Rovers have alienated a season ticket holder and also lost out on the opportunity of attracting some "armchair" fans to Ewood on a more regular basis.

I don't know what is going on at Ewood but these types of incidents are just not on, especially at a time when the club should be doing all it can to get people to come to Ewood. I am still very angry about all of this and shall be writing to John Williams and I will recommed a consultant so that he can send "some" of the ticket office staff on Customer Service training.

Kamy, that is terrible. Surely there's got to be a way that we can vouch for you so you can get the extra tickets?

I mean for the game at the Turd,tickets went on open sale in all home areas.

How the hell can the club afford to turn down 4 people's custom like that and the next minute cry poverty because not enough fans are coming through the turnstiles?.

UTTERLY DISASTROUS.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Guest Kamy100

Kamy, that is terrible. Surely there's got to be a way that we can vouch for you so you can get the extra tickets?

Nah it's cool Phillip, after I told my dad what had happened he said "well if that is what they are like I don't want to go to Ewood again". The whole incident has really angered me and I have just sent an e-mail to John Williams PA so lets see what they come back with.

Kamy thats shocking, however, why dont you try on the phone now.

Clearly there are security issues but I do not think that you should have been treated that way, and in no way trying to defend the staff, surely you could have put a reasoned argument forward rather than leaving.

I think you should have spoken to the ticket office supervisor and aired your views.

Anyhow keep the faith sad.giftinykit.gif

Kamy,

Im going down after work for 4, and I wont be leaving without 4. I generally get 2 or 3, but have been known to get 4, surely to hell they better give me that many or I will kick off and raise the arguments you have said.

How can they expect to sell out when turning fans away? Jesus christ and if you were buying tickets for away fans, surely this would come back on your name, so why would you bother in the first place?

Just got my ticket. 15 minute wait with 20 people in the queue (on the phone) so not bad at all.

The ticket office said that there are plenty of single tickets around. They are having problems seating people together now.

Right, now I have to figure out what to do on Wednesday, do I drive back down to Slough after the game and go like a zombie to work the next day, take the day off or skive? Decisions, Decisions.

Edited by Biddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.