BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

I doubt if the ticket office staff have anything to do with it. I went down yesterday to buy 4 additional tickets so that some of my family could go to the game. I have done exactly the same thing earlier this season for the Liverpool and Middlesborough game. The lady who served me said I am sorry sir you do not have a buying history for purchasing these amounts of tickets so cannot sell them to you, told her that she must be mistaken because I have bought 4 tickets to the Liverpool and Boro game. However she just kept saying nope you haven't and basically accused me of being a liar and her general; attitude towards me "stunk". Anyway I didn't see any point in getting into an argument with her so just left. Because of her incompetance Rovers have alienated a season ticket holder and also lost out on the opportunity of attracting some "armchair" fans to Ewood on a more regular basis.

I don't know what is going on at Ewood but these types of incidents are just not on, especially at a time when the club should be doing all it can to get people to come to Ewood. I am still very angry about all of this and shall be writing to John Williams and I will recommed a consultant so that he can send "some" of the ticket office staff on Customer Service training.

Kamy, when you buy tickets at the TO at Ewood you can clearly see the monitor on the other side of the window.

Why didn't you simply ask to see your ticket buying history on the screen??

If it was recorded then there would have been no problem at all.

If it wasn't recorded, then the person who served you is simply doing her job.

Whilst I'm sure your extra tickets are completely genuine and for fellow Rovers fans, the next 10 people with the same story as you might have just popped down the M65.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to Scummings this morning at work. he says rovers have released further tickets for the dingles. if so where are they for?

And you believed her?

I work in Nelson and needless to say, there is many a dingle working there. Can remember the day before the match at the Turd earlier this month - it was about 1.30pm. A dingle comes up to me and says, "just think, in 12 hours time our boys will be getting ready to batter yours" or something to that effect.

I just said to him, "really, I'd have thought they'd be still in bed."

He just looked at me confused. Classic.

Guest Kamy100
I doubt if the ticket office staff have anything to do with it.  I went down yesterday to buy 4 additional tickets so that some of my family could go to the game.  I have done exactly the same thing earlier this season for the Liverpool and Middlesborough game.  The lady who served me said I am sorry sir you do not have a buying history for purchasing these amounts of tickets so cannot sell them to you, told her that she must be mistaken because I have bought 4 tickets to the Liverpool and Boro game.  However she just kept saying nope you haven't and basically accused me of being a liar and her general; attitude towards me "stunk".  Anyway I didn't see any point in getting into an argument with her so just left.  Because of her incompetance Rovers have alienated a season ticket holder and also lost out on the opportunity of attracting some "armchair" fans to Ewood on a more regular basis.

I don't know what is going on at Ewood but these types of incidents are just not on, especially at a time when the club should be doing all it can to get people to come to Ewood.  I am still very angry about all of this and shall be writing to John Williams and I will recommed a consultant so that he can send "some" of the ticket office staff on Customer Service training.

Kamy, when you buy tickets at the TO at Ewood you can clearly see the monitor on the other side of the window.

Why didn't you simply ask to see your ticket buying history on the screen??

If it was recorded then there would have been no problem at all.

If it wasn't recorded, then the person who served you is simply doing her job.

Whilst I'm sure your extra tickets are completely genuine and for fellow Rovers fans, the next 10 people with the same story as you might have just popped down the M65.

I complete agree with you with regards to the ticket office getting people with similar stories coming down from Burnley and it is good that they do these checks.

I am more than willing to accept that if my details of buying these tickets hadn't been recorded then that is fair enough (although they should look into their systems because I have genuinely purchased tickets), what I took exception to is her attitude towards me and the way she implied that I was lying.

Anyway I have written to the club so lets see what they come back with.

....what I took exception to is her attitude towards me and the way she implied that I was lying.

Yes, but if she put in your details and could find no history then in her eyes you would be lying. The issue is not her attitude, it is why it appeared that you had no history.

Was it her being unable to read what was on her screen, her inputting your details wrongly or for some reason the club not having a record of your history.

IMO the issue is very much both her terrible attitude AND why the tickets haven't been registered.

Any chance you bought those 4 and they didn't ask for your season ticket number Kamy? If that's the case then if does of course explain why those tickets are not registered under you in the database (hence if you were buying them on general sale etc).

I think this thread just shows the difficulties the club have at times. If they are stringent with their checks they get slated. Burnley fans get tickets in our end and the club get slated. The club could easily just put tickets on sale at 6 per person like Bumley and it would have sold out last week. It's a shame when decent fans like Kamy suffer but what is the alternative. Obviously the staff shouldn't be rude, that goes without saying, but the actual selling has been handled well for me.

Are we going to sell out our remaining tickets today?

I doubt if the ticket office staff have anything to do with it. I went down yesterday to buy 4 additional tickets so that some of my family could go to the game. I have done exactly the same thing earlier this season for the Liverpool and Middlesborough game. The lady who served me said I am sorry sir you do not have a buying history for purchasing these amounts of tickets so cannot sell them to you, told her that she must be mistaken because I have bought 4 tickets to the Liverpool and Boro game. However she just kept saying nope you haven't and basically accused me of being a liar and her general; attitude towards me "stunk". Anyway I didn't see any point in getting into an argument with her so just left. Because of her incompetance Rovers have alienated a season ticket holder and also lost out on the opportunity of attracting some "armchair" fans to Ewood on a more regular basis.

I don't know what is going on at Ewood but these types of incidents are just not on, especially at a time when the club should be doing all it can to get people to come to Ewood. I am still very angry about all of this and shall be writing to John Williams and I will recommed a consultant so that he can send "some" of the ticket office staff on Customer Service training.

Kamy, that is terrible. Surely there's got to be a way that we can vouch for you so you can get the extra tickets?

Nah it's cool Phillip, after I told my dad what had happened he said "well if that is what they are like I don't want to go to Ewood again". The whole incident has really angered me and I have just sent an e-mail to John Williams PA so lets see what they come back with.

I think I know which member of staff you mean mate... she was the same with me. I said to her 'yeah i can tell your stressed love'

Monday 12:15

Just rang TO at dinner-time, so would expect phones to be at busiest. When I rang earlier in the week at this time, I was at position 67 in the queue.

Pressed <1> then <9>...............straight through, no queue !!!!

Only the odd single left in BBE lower, about a thousand left altogether.

Guest burnleysuicidesquad

Too hard for me. Anyone want three tickets. I'm so scared I think I'll stay by the fire.

Edited by Paul

Just rang TO at dinner-time, so would expect phones to be at busiest. When I rang earlier in the week at this time, I was at position 67 in the queue.

I can survive not being in BBE if only i can get 2 together anywhere in the ground.

Surely last row of JW must have some!

suicide youth squad coming in there hundreds lock ur doors hide ur mrs and get ur booze out coz su is going to get ya ph34r.gif

If you want to post on here, as quite a few Burnley fans have done, then please don't use textspeak - and try to make some kind of point.

• Backroom
Who's let the burnley monkey out?........................... rolleyes.gif

Its School Lunchtime, and they are letting the remedial kids on the computer systems.

Are they the ones that type with one finger? blink.gif

I can survive not being in BBE if only i can get 2 together anywhere in the ground.

Surely last row of JW must have some!

Dan

You can get one in front of the other in BBE half of Riverside as I have just changed them seats and we are now in BBE lower. (Still one in front of the other but would just rather be in BB end)

Get on the blower pal thumbs-up.gifrover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.