BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

PMT ? the normal usual routine for match day !!

(thats pre match tension) wink.gif

no work, only a little bit of running to the tip, a bit of shopping for new car speakers and then its off to the pub for an afternoon aperatif, a nice bar meal at the waters edge with lashings of cheap beer.

desert consists of some serious sweet football against some carrot and blue outfit (cant recall the name) and a nice 2-0 home win.

post meal its back to the lasher, celebratory drink and a lift in to work tomorrow ! tinykit.gif

come on you blue boys tinykit.giftinykit.gif

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Blackburn End should be standing,

Why ??

A lot of people in the Blackburn End have paid to SIT DOWN, and they have as much right to watch the game as anybody else.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is just plainly inconsiderate.

There is that Ste, but I get where hes coming from. And god forbid if i have a morbid fan next to me like last time we played Burnley at Ewood....

BB End NO3 will be rocking to the sound of the Ewood Beat

all the muppets who constantly ring out "sit down sit down " can join in if they like laugh.gif

after all its a special occasion, it could be the last time we ever witness bumley at Ewood again laugh.giftinykit.gif

Sat in Jack Walker upper, BBE side. Any chance of a sing song up there?

Not so much singing, more a low drone of grumbling and snoring, kind of mixed up. laugh.gif

If you seriously want a song, me and rev will start you off.

Those that critisise the club fail to understand the dynamics of the situation. No matter how many staff had been employed to man the phone lines on Tuesday morning the system would have been clogged up.

Because Rovers didn't anticipate the demand for tickets.

I know it's hard for some people to accept, but occasionally the club get things wrong. It's not the end of the world, but I think it's useful to point out when it happens.

And it's also useful sometimes to revisit and applaud the club when it gets things right.

As they clearly did here, with a couple of minor exceptions.

Kamy's stroppy temp for example, but then some of us pointed out the potential problems of employing temporary staff to handle this situation.

And the computers going down on Tuesday - they should have maybe run some checks on Monday night (maybe they did - we don't know).

However, as the email received by Blackpool Rover << here >> proves, everyone at the club WAS proactive, and they DO listen and learn and did what they could last week.

Add to that the sensible ticketing arrangements for Leicester and the case is closed.

It would be nice to see an apology from JimMk2 for his pathetic tirade against John Williams, the club, and anyone on this board who dared not to criticise Rovers, but I doubt it'll happen.

In fact Jim hasn't posted in this thread since the inevitable initial rush died down and he realised just how wrong he was to make such a big issue out of slagging the club again.

Edited by Tris

And it's also useful sometimes to revisit and applaud the club when it gets things right.

As they clearly did here, with a couple of minor exceptions.

Kamy's stroppy temp for example, but then some of us pointed out the potential problems of employing temporary staff to handle this situation.

And the computers going down on Tuesday - they should have maybe run some checks on Monday night (maybe they did - we don't know).

However, as the email received by Blackpool Rover << here >> proves, everyone at the club WAS proactive, and they DO listen and learn and did what they could last week.

Add to that the sensible ticketing arrangements for Leicester and the case is closed.

It would be nice to see an apology from JimMk2 for his pathetic tirade against John Williams, the club, and anyone on this board who dared not to criticise Rovers, but I doubt it'll happen.

In fact Jim hasn't posted in this thread since the inevitable initial rush died down and he realised just how wrong he was to make such a big issue out of slagging the club again.

The club didn't "get it right" at all imo and the e-mail sent to Blackpool Rover seems to confirm that.

They had approx. 23k tickets to sell in a week, they also had to do additional time-consuming security checks, and yet only seemed to react to the demand rather than predict it. As soon as we drew Burnley out of the hat the club should (and I'm sure they did on some levels) have been planning for a replay. So they should have realised the amount of tickets they needed to sell, the amount of time they had to sell them, and they should have reviewed their ticket selling systems accordingly.

Now, I guess none of us know whether they did this or not. However, from the outside looking in, it seemed that the club relied on their usual phone system, their usual number of ticket office staff, and the usual ticket office opening hours at the start. Only when they had two days of problems did they react.

Then they extended the ticket office opening hours, the phone system suddenly seemed to develop more lines (people queueing as high as 80 when previously 50 seemed to be the max position), they extended the season-ticket deadline, and there was talk of temporary ticket staff. Fair play to the club for reacting the way they did, but they should have predicted the problems from the outset. If they had communicated the extra measures from the start there may not have been such a mad rush on the first couple of days - and even if there was they'd have coped with it better.

I'm sure the club will learn from this, the introduction of on-line ticketing is a long overdue imporvement, and these sort of games don't come up very often. I also think the ticket office normally do a fine job. On this occasion though they failed to predict the demand and failed to cope for the first two or three days of sales. They reacted well however, and the ground was full so no real short-term harm was done.

Whether the initial chaos has put off any floating fans from buying a ticket in the future - who knows? Let's hope not. What I do know though is that Blackburn Rovers have to do everything they can to encourage people to buy tickets. They have to have better Customer Service than other clubs in the league as the other clubs sell-out every game - we don't.

Laughable post from the former brewery worker who clearly has yeast between his ears.

Williams has admitted that the club made mistakes this week and got it wrong in many aspects of its tickets operation.

Hopefully, those mistakes won't happen again ... but on past experience I wouldn't bet on it.

...  but on past experience I wouldn't bet on it.

Which past ticketing experiences were these?

And as Finn said. They could solve the problem overnight as most clubs have but realised that fans wouldnt be happy with ticket master. This means it has taken longer to implement.

Finally, for the one game every four years or so, I think we should just learn to be patient and not make this the highest priority for the club to spend money on. Our ticketing is, as Finn said, is normally highly rated by the fans.

But some people will complain about this as they want Williams out so will find something negative at all times rather than the positives.

Edited by streakyb

Laughable post from the former brewery worker who clearly has yeast between his ears.

Williams has admitted that the club made mistakes this week and got it wrong in many aspects of its tickets operation.

Kindly provide some quotes and a source to go with your nonsensical mutterings.

(PS ... at least yeast is a living organism - what remains between your own ears obviously ceased all activity some time ago)

Laughable post from the former brewery worker who clearly has yeast  between his ears. 

(PS ... at least yeast is a living organism - what remains between your own ears obviously ceased all activity some time ago)

On radio 30 minutes ago, talking about the delay in setting the date for the Leicester game, JW said

" The delay gives us effectively one day less to sell the tickets. However, we should be able to cope. We have learned from the mistakes when selling the Burnley tickets. We've learned the problems of the ticket office opening hours, the inclement weather [i'm not sure what he means there, maybe the fact that thousands of people had to queue in the freezing cold, or maybe the weather caused technical problems] and this time the season ticket holders will have their own window"

So there were mistakes made last time. The biggest one, was putting over 20000 tickets on sale from day one, causing tremendous queues on the phones and at the ticket office.

This isn't stamping feet and shouting from the hill tops to complain about the club, simply the recognition that the way it was done last time was unacceptable. Well done JW for recognising that.

Can't see where anyone should apologise there.

Only one thing Den - it always seems to be after the event with Rovers and not just the Burnley tickets.

Had a little bit of joke at Tris on Tuesday and his 'debates' with Scotty the tickets but being serious, as I have mentioned before they tend to be reactive rather than proactive. In all this is not a bad thing, but as you well know us Rovers fans are a hard bunch to please and personally I still feel certain people at the club have alot to learn but in the sameway the fans need to be abit more co-operative thumbs-up.gif

What I meant Capt, was that I can't see where anyone who criticised the arrangements for the Burnley tickets, should apologise.

My view was that it was always unacceptable. - Meaning that there are always ways of improving service and that standard of service, expecting people to wait for 90 mins to be answered on the phone, wasn't on.

service can always be improved, it's just a matter of addressing it rather than accepting it.

Laughable post from the former brewery worker who clearly has yeast  between his ears.  

On radio 30 minutes ago, talking about the delay in setting the date for the Leicester game, JW said

" The delay gives us effectively one day less to sell the tickets. However, we should be able to cope. We have learned from the mistakes when selling the Burnley tickets. We've learned the problems of the ticket office opening hours, the inclement weather [i'm not sure what he means there, maybe the fact that thousands of people had to queue in the freezing cold, or maybe the weather caused technical problems] and this time the season ticket holders will have their own window"

So there were mistakes made last time. The biggest one, was putting over 20000 tickets on sale from day one, causing tremendous queues on the phones and at the ticket office.

This isn't stamping feet and shouting from the hill tops to complain about the club, simply the recognition that the way it was done last time was unacceptable. Well done JW for recognising that.

Which is also what he said to me in a telephone conversation yesterday.

Nonsensical eh eh ??

Edited by jim mk2

What I meant Capt, was that I can't see where anyone who criticised the arrangements for the Burnley tickets, should apologise.

My view was that it was always unacceptable. - Meaning that there are always ways of improving service and that standard of service, expecting people to wait for 90 mins to be answered on the phone, wasn't on.

service can always be improved, it's just a matter of addressing it rather than accepting it.

Sorry Den - misunderstood withstupid.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.