BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5 Favourite Teams

I remember a couple of years ago when Young Boys played My Pa in Europe, in one of the qualifying rounds. I believe the headline was either My Pa Beats Young Boys or Young Boys Beat My Pa, I don't remember.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in France I somewhat keep an eye on Metz. Despise Paris St Germain and love it when they lose, and Metz, not sure why, historically a great city and just taken an interest.

Here it comes.....as my girlfriend is Italian I have watched the Serie A more over the last little bit, have to say it isn't very interesting, but I knew that before I started watching it every week, there I do keep an eye out for Siena. Small team like ourselves punching above their weight, my sister used to live there and ran into a bunch of them in the bar she worked in.

Chicago Fire in the MLS. While I liked over in the states I had no local MLS teams in either San Francisco or Salt Lake (don't mention the new "real"), so since then have followed Chicago as I was a big Bulls fan since 89/90.

Englang obviously, and also Guyana when I can. Mother's side of the family from there, Jamaica when they are at the World Cup, basically any West Indian team that makes it, and as they were the last ones to gave them a cheer.

1 FC Bayern

2 Scunthorpe United (used to play in a team with one of their players)

3 Brigg Town FC (as above)

4 AFC wimbledon? (really admire the way theyve stood up aganst the MK Dons)

5 Ajax Amsterdam (for giving the world 'total football')

6 Kaiserslautern (my father played for their amateur side)

Couldnt tell you the full squads of anyone but Rovers and Bayern though, i dont take a lot of interest in the fortunes of the others mentioned!

Andy82 brother.

my 5 teams:

1.Rovers

2.Rovers Reserves

3.Rovers Youth team

4.Scunthorpe United

5.Brigg Town(played for them when I worked in Scunny)

This is a diversionary thread to syphon off the PMT.Only 63 hours to go...and 60 from leaving house for Coach.

obviously there are teams i like to watch; namely barca, madrid and chelsea.

but i could never support thme or take pleasure in them winning.

Blackburn foremost and then Melbourne Victory is how it will always be for me

Pretty much the same for me. Don't really have much interest in the other sides. Though I don't mind watching Barca play and due to heritage, Hajduk Split. But other than that, all a much of a muchness.

Rovers all the way, Victory over here.

1. Bedford Town (local team from home, in the unibond league)

One of my colleagues sons plays for Bedford. His surname will be Taylor. Not sure what position. I beleive they played Bath recently?

Don`t really have a 2nd team but I always look out for Bacrelona`s result as I visited the ground last year.

Can you sort something out for me?

I caught the rugby league world final and the commetator constantly referred to canterbury being australian. I had an arguement with my flat mate where I said they were from New Zealand and he said that the commentator was right. Was I right, or is there another canterbury in australia?

If not that is some shocking research done by the commentating team.

Yes there is... Canterbury Bulldogs, but they're a Rugby League side

Andy82 brother.

my 5 teams:

1.Rovers

2.Rovers Reserves

3.Rovers Youth team

4.Scunthorpe United

5.Brigg Town(played for them when I worked in Scunny)

This is a diversionary thread to syphon off the PMT.Only 63 hours to go...and 60 from leaving house for Coach.

How long ago did you play for the Zebras mhead? You werent in the Wembley team were you?

I must admit that I don't support any other club team than Rovers and the reserves etc.

I am an England supporter during meaningful games but I just can't be bothered with the friendlies.

I do look out for the results of a couple of teams but the results are irrelevant.

They are;

Morecambe because I used to live around the corner from Christie park and if Rovers didn't have a game I would go and watch Morecambe instead.

Leeds Utd as my missus supports them.

Allianza de Lima as I know some people in Peru.

Generally I find myself listening to the radio hoping that any near rivals in the league lose. This season obviously anyone playing against Southampton, WBA, Norwich and Palace also to a lesser extent Birmingham.

And of course most teams playing against scumley.

FC Porto cos theyve played in blue and white halves the odd season. desperately want that kit, anyone know the last season they played in halves (Oklahoma...) tinykit.gif

That one is better:

user posted image

Athletic de Bilbao 2nd kit. They wear this kit cause those were their colours from 1902 to 1910 due to the admiration they had for Rovers at that time, before switching to their current colors: red and white stripes, black shorts.

1. blackburn... there will never be a second team!

2. vålerenga - local team, and i got really ###### when they didnt manage to get one more goal in the last game this season. the goal would have meant 1st instead of 2nd place...

3. peterborough - always my second choice in good old cm, though in fm they dont have the same amount of quality youngsters.

4. worcester city - got them from conference to premiership in 5 seasons on cm...

5. none, really...

Rovers are my club. They are like my family.

There are some other clubs who are like mates, you look out for them and don't want to see them hit bad times. Whitby Town is my best mate.

Most other clubs are probably like decent blokes who you don't really know that well.

Then there's a handful of clubs that you have no time for... you've heard about them and seen what they get up to. Not your type.

There may be a few you really hate. Scumbags. Townie-Weasels.

Then there will be Burnley.

With 60 hours to go, Friarsnig great post.

Andy82 ...I played for the Zebras in the 70s after transferring from Appleby-Frodingham.But don't get too carried away they were well down the pyramid then.

Also my lowest Rovers moment came then...One Season I struggled to get to Hull City in the fog and it was called off.And a few weeks later Rovers played bloody Lincoln City in the League Cup and we lost 3-0 away from home and were shambolic.There seemed like no hope and yet 23 years later we won The Premiership. Thanks Uncle Jack and in 59 hours we will shout your name.Keep the Faith.

I have a team I follow in every country, name a country and I will tell you who I support and why. (maybe a bit weird but it was fun to compile)

Blackburn is the top of my list and will always remain that way but I could never support another team in England.

I have a team I follow in every country, name a country and I will tell you who I support and why. (maybe a bit weird but it was fun to compile)

Blackburn is the top of my list and will always remain that way but I could never support another team in England.

Ok. Nicaragua?

1.Rovers till I die (possibly Sunday night)

2.England (football,cricket or rugby)

These are the only teams I actually support although I do look out for

Rangers (but I hope B.Ferguson suffers a career threatening injury)

Leeds (always thought they had good support)

Accy Stanley

Internationally,I like Holland,got no idea why but whenever England are out of a tournament and they are still in I'm with them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.