BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most Hated People In Football

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the beef between sheringham and cole anyways,?

not sure i ever found out

The spat started when one of them didn't pass to the other (don't know which one) in a match.

They had a "ooooh you selfish bitch" moment and thereon after never spoke to each other again whilst they were at Scumchester.

Hard to beleive that RFW allowed this to go on, given his tendancy to ship out those who would not bow to the master's will.

Colin - did El Hadj's monster-truck get towed away? If it didn't, it should have been. (but I'm not bitter blink.gif )

Apparantly not, more the pity.

But a £40 fine and a £200 recovery fee for him would have been the equivalent to him of 10p for you and me.

If I see him doing it again it'll be tyres down and sugar in the petrol tank, no doubt about that.

Harrrrrummmpphh.

They had a "ooooh you selfish bitch" moment

smile.gif

A bit like Scotty and Manc Blue... wink.gif

Apparently though Colin, the feud between Andy and Teddy first started because in a match against Bolton in 1998, Sheringham told Andy that he was the one to blame for a Bolton goal. (Cole had given the ball away.)

Our old "hands on hips" hero Andy then threw a major hissy fit, telling Sheringham that he would never speak to him again. Talk about creating a mountain out of a molehill....

But that was one of the problems with our Andy. He didn't seem to like (or couldn't take) criticism very well. He took it as a personal affront against him.

The Sheringham/Cole spat is probably one of the most high profile feuds at the top level amongst club team mates. Another was the feud between Tommy Smith and the late Emlyn Hughes.

The pair won the European Cup together at Liverpool, but Smith has always been honest and open about the fact that he detested Emlyn with a vengeance. Even when the news was announced that Hughes had a brain tumour, Smith said that he had no get well message for him.

The spat first started because Smith accused Hughes of canvassing for the captaincy and going to the manager behind the players' backs with criticisms about the team.

Sadly the feud ran very deep and continued right up until Emlyn's death.

No order -

Roy Keane

Steve Bruce

Henrik Larsson

El Hadji Diouf

Teddy Sheringham

Teddy Sheringham - great pro , what's wrong with him ? Or Larsson come to that . Explain yourself ... huh.gif

I just dont like him. I think he's arrogant, and he was always pretty good against Rovers. Dislike for a footballer doesnt have to be rational, its usually based on their performances or behaviour against your team. Which is why I hate Henrik Larsson too.

I just dont like him. I think he's arrogant, and he was always pretty good against Rovers. Dislike for a footballer doesnt have to be rational, its usually based on their performances or behaviour against your team. Which is why I hate Henrik Larsson too.

Agreed T4E but then again alot of the better players tend to be arrogant.

In addition, I have a beef with him after he bagged two against us playing for Millwall just before he left them and shoved the V's at the Rovers fans down at Cold Blow

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Urs Maier, Anders Frisk, Johansson, Blatter and most other foreign refs and administrators who tolerate all but the most blatant corruption at european and international level

Didn't really want to devote a thread to a mediocre foreign referee so decided to stick it in here:

Frisk retires due to death threats

Even if you dislike him, that's taking it a bit too far. He shouldn't be forced to retire because of something like that.

Real Madrid - horrible, arse-licking facist club which symbolises (still) exactly what was wrong with Franco's Spain. Even today they toady up to the Spanish government. People who revere their attacking style stupidly miss the point - they are a bloody awful organisation and a million Roberto Carlos howitzer-style free kicks will not change that. Infamous throughout the land for contentious refereeing decisions in their favour for over half a century, they also stole di Stefano from Barcelona by roping in government help. A Man Utd times 100 club. Anyone with soul leans toward Barca or the other Spanish teams. Any ar-soul like Beckham goes to Madrid in a desperate attempt for trophies. Team of the century? My arse...

Similarly...Lazio. Awful club, awful fans...Benito's plaything and not very nice at all.

Probably letting political viewpoints come into my reasoning there but they damn well started it.

Was not particularly fond of the pre-Mo Johnston Rangers transfer policy either. It's good to see how so much hard work was rewarded when an Italian Catholic in the shape of Lorenzo Amoruso went on to captain the 'Gers. Mind you...he did ok for them unlike at Ewood. Hopefully the two mainland clubs mentioned can follow the example of their Glaswegian counterparts and address their off-pitch leanings.

Something like that did apparently happen although I cannot remember the exact details - that kind of intimidation was all too regular during the dictatorship and went back to the Spanish Civil War when the President of Barcelona was murdered by a roadside by soldiers of Franco's Fascist Army.

Two books worth reading on the subject (which have the actual details) -

Barca by Jimmy Burns

and

Morbo by Phil Ball

The first is a history of Barcalona and the latter a superb insight into the history of Spanish football with its many hatreds and rivalries, not just that of Catalonia and Castile.

* Danny Coyne

* Brian Jensen

* Paul Scott

* Lee Roche

* Mohammed Camara

* John McGreal

* Frank Sinclair

* Gary Cahill

* Ryan Townsend

* Michael Duff

* Richard Chaplow

* Graham Branch

* Tony Grant

* Matthew O'Neill

* Joel Pilkington

* Micah Hyde

* Mark Yates

* Amadou Sanokho

* James O'Connor

* Robbie Blake

* Ian Moore

* Jean-Louis Valoi

I know its more than ten but it seems a shame to leave anyone out..... smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I've told you before, Celtic players don't cheat. Especially not Petrov.

And Neil Lennon is a lovely lad.

EDIT> Interestingly, Ricksen has only been booked two or three times this season...I suppose that must be down to the refereeing conspiracy. laugh.gif

Edited by Radagast

• 6 months later...

£250,000 compensation for Rupert Lowe..... mad.gif

The parents of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman received just £11,000 in compensation after a number of horrendous police blunders allowed Ian Huntley to get a job as school caretaker.

Rupert Lowe, however, has been awarded £250,000 in damages merely for an article in the Times which criticised his leadership at St Mary's. mad.gif

In August 2004, the journalist Martin Samuel criticised Lowe in the Times for his constant hiring and firing of managers at Southampton - in particular Rupert's decision in January 2000, to suspend Dave Jones for 12 months following child abuse allegations against him - which were later proved to be false.

Samuel said that Lowe has treated Jones "shabbily". Many fans up and down the country would agree with Samuel's assessment. By the time the case against Jones had collapsed, Glenn Hoddle had been given the Southampton manager's job on a permanent basis. So Jones was effectively sacked because a couple of Scouse scallies made false allegations against him.

Lowe said in court that the Times article which criticised him had been a "blot" on his character - and was awarded quarter of a million pounds in libel damages in the High Court. I think the money he's been given is scandalous.

Lowe has run Southampton like a corner shop - appointing a string of different managers like Souness, Jones, Hoddle, Stuart Gray, Steve Wigley (twice) , Gordon Strachan, Paul Sturrock and Harry Redknapp. And the Saints, under Lowe's leadership, ended up relegated from the top flight for the first time since 1978.

Lowe should have done the honourable thing and resigned after they were relegated. Instead, the greedy barsteward has pocketed an extra 250 grand merely for an article which criticised the shambolic way he's run Southampton.

Rupert's background is in hockey and rugby. He's not a traditional football man. And judging by the way he has run the Saints, he doesn't have a clue about the beautiful game.

What a crazy world we live in when Holly and Jessica's parents get just £11,000 for the terrible trauma they suffered - while the odious creep Rupert gets his hands on £250,000 compensation.

Only just come across this thread but I have to say...

... How on earth has noone mentioned Chris Kamara?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to strangle him with his own ball sack till he pukes his vital organs out.

After that...

Andy Payton

Ian Wright

Kevin Keegan

Ailton (Think thats his name was playing for the turkish team vs Bolton the other night)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.