BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most Hated People In Football

Only just come across this thread but I have to say...

... How on earth has noone mentioned Chris Kamara?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to strangle him with his own ball sack till he pukes his vital organs out.

After that...

Andy Payton

Ian Wright

Kevin Keegan

Ailton (Think thats his name was playing for the turkish team vs Bolton the other night)

356451[/snapback]

and why do you hate the turk?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just come across this thread but I have to say...

... How on earth has noone mentioned Chris Kamara?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to strangle him with his own ball sack till he pukes his vital organs out.

After that...

Andy Payton

Ian Wright

Kevin Keegan

Ailton (Think thats his name was playing for the turkish team vs Bolton the other night)

356451[/snapback]

Chris Kamara is a legend...how can anybody hate him? He lightens up Saturdays with his 'over the top' remarks! Not to mention his love affair with Rob McCaffrey on a Sunday morning! He's one of the best characters on television.

"Dare you shoot, Dare you Shoot....he has shot from some distance and it has rifled into the top corner......unbelievable” Then back to stelling-Sounds like Jon Harley has shot from outside the ground!

What’s he ever done that would make you want to strangle him with his own ball sack?

That's easy, anyone who does, has*, or will play for Burnley

*All is forgiven if they pull on the famous Blue and White halves at a later date.

Maradonna.

Urs Mieir (or what ever).

His name's slipped my mind now but the ineligable keeper who played a blinder, had to replay the match and played a blinder again. Cost us promotion. Was it Chesterfield's keeper.

Maradonna

Gerd Muller

El Hadj Diouf

Alpay

And I'm none to fond of, Steve Bruce, Sullivan, hell Birmingham City for that matter, hated 'em since they took big Jim from us. Steve McClaren get's right up my nose. Mike Riley, The FA. Neil Warnock irritates me. I also despise Sven Goran Erickson.

oh and did I mention Maradonna.

Edited by USABlue

John Terry is really beginning to get up my nose.

It's okay for him to grab one of our players by the throat and carry out obnoxious tackles on goalkeepers, but he has the cheek to bang on about Rovers bully boy tactics.

I hope Shefki has cause to do one of his swan dives tomorow and lands on the blighter. mad.gif

My most hated (in no particular order):

Alex Ferguson

Jose Mourinho

Steve Bruce

Roy Keane

Luis Figo

293363[/snapback]

I'll have to conjure a new top five list. Some of those hatreds are now waning - at least waning out of my top five. Mourinho and Bruce are the only real permanent ones. Ferguson is a little nicer now that Hughes is our boss, while Roy Keane is getting on a bit. I don't see enough of Figo to warrant a constant burning hatred.

1. Jose Mourinho

2. Steve Bruce

3. Karen Brady

4. David Sullivan

5. David Gold

Mark Halsey and Mike Riley receive special mentions for their recent pathetic refereeing displays (Liverpool and Chelsea).

Football used to be the "People's Game"until about 40+ years ago when along came Jimmy Hill and others who stole the game away from the People and handed it to thePlayers, where it has remained ever since. Consequently football has become more and more un-affordable to an ever increasing number of of former die-hard supporters who have simply stopped going to the grounds and are now lost for ever as paying fans.

There are far more than 5 contained within the above so that will suffice.

USA, Brown

357313[/snapback]

Was that that keepers name?

I am sure after yesterday there will be more joining me in the Mike Riley "fan" club, never liked him he's a blatant cheat. I need to make an effigy today and get some pins.

Edited by USABlue

1. José "Up his own a$$" Mourinho

2. Damien "I love Rovers and I don't want to leave, oh I'm off to Chelsea" Duff

3. El Haij "Diving tosser" Diouf

4. Barry "I couldn't play well Rovers, so I'll slag them off" Ferguson

5. Rodney "I love slaggin off Rovers" Marsh

Edited by The Doctor

Football used to be the "People's Game"until about 40+ years ago when along came Jimmy Hill and others who stole the game away from the People and handed it to thePlayers, where it has remained ever since. Consequently football has become more and more un-affordable to an ever increasing number of of former die-hard supporters who have simply stopped going to the grounds and are now lost for ever as paying fans.

There are far more than 5 contained within the above so that will suffice.

357364[/snapback]

I think that is a bit unfair. As football generates more and more money you have to say that the players deserve their share. If they didn't get it then the chairmen or the TV companies would take it, and it really is the players and manager the people come to watch.

Players wages are driven so high because there only is a tiny 1% (if not less) of footballers who are world class. Short supply, high demand is always going to result in massive prices.

In the long run more top players need to be produced to bring the wages down, or teams need to work out how to get more out of average players. The market finds its level.

I think that is a bit unfair. As football generates more and more money you have to say that the players deserve their share. If they didn't get it then the chairmen or the TV companies would take it, and it really is the players and manager the people come to watch.

Players wages are driven so high because there only is a tiny 1% (if not less) of footballers who are world class. Short supply, high demand is always going to result in massive prices.

In the long run more top players need to be produced to bring the wages down, or teams need to work out how to get more out of average players. The market finds its level.

357540[/snapback]

I dont dispute what you say JBN, and I fully agree that the situation is grossly unfair. I am simply pointing out the economics of the situation today as compared to pre-1960.

Let's take a real-life example: I have been a fanatical football supporter since I was about 9 years old in 1945 when I started watching P.N.E. with my dad. He was also a keen supporter of BRFC and introduced me to Ewood Park in 1946-47 season. I have been a Rovers fan first and foremost ever since.

Without going into the exact figures over the years it is enough for purposes of illustration to use percentages. In the immediate post-war years up to around 1950 the price of admission to the terracing at all Football League grounds was approx 1% of the average man's wage; whilst at the same time the players wages were capped at all clubs and amounted to about 2.5 times the average man's wage for the average player. Consequently everybody was happy and football was good with grounds bursting at the seams most weeks. Even the two 3rd divisions were getting quite good gates. Then in the 50's players wages along with wages in general increased fairly rapidly but players wages especially for the "star" players increased more rapidly than general wages and costs of living, and a gap began to open between the various divisions for the players wages and for admission prices at the gate. Gates began to fall (not too rapidly, but noticeably). Now grounds were quite well filled in the 1st & 2nd divisions but severely affected in 3rd div. Some supporters of 3rd division teams were either giving up or switching to "better value" teams in the 1st/2nd div's.

To cut a long story short, in !960 Jimmy Hill as the chairman of the P.F.A. led a campaign for the players to be free to negotiate their own wages with the clubs employing them, based on their "perceived value", which on the face of it seems a perfectly fair thing to do, and most people including supporters (but excluding club chairmen) agreed.

This situation worked fairly well for a short time, but it soon became apparent that a few players were becoming "stars" and only the "big" clubs could afford them, so the gradual drift apart of big clubs and the rest accelerated. Then players started to get greedy. They all saw themselves as "stars" and were no longer content with 2 or 3 times the average man's wage for doing a job that to them was pleasure, in contrast with the alternative of working in a low paid job for the vast majority of them. Consequently prices at the gate rose steeply and attendances fell for most clubs as the average man either could not afford the increase, or felt he was being taken for a mug. Those, who like myself could not "kick the habit", continued to support our favourite clubs and did so through thick and thin, though not without some complaints and discontent along the way.

The rest you know already. The steady decline in gates corresponds with increasing affluence for a few clubs and players, whilst at the same time more and more clubs have found themselves in dire straits fron a financial point of view

The final irony from my point of view is that after a lifetime of support for Rovers(always) and various other clubs in England and Scotland (depending on where I was living at the time) I now find myself as a pesioner unable to afford to renew my season ticket at Dunfermine Athletic were I have been since 1980.This is my choice so that I will still be able to afford a few visits to Ewood Park each seson, unless of course things get even worse. Ask youself, now that you have read the above, is THIS fair?

357540[/snapback]

I dont dispute what you say JBN, and I fully agree that the situation is grossly unfair. I am simply pointing out the economics of the situation today as compared to pre-1960.

Let's take a real-life example: I have been a fanatical football supporter since I was about 9 years old in 1945 when I started watching P.N.E. with my dad. He was also a keen supporter of BRFC and introduced me to Ewood Park in 1946-47 season. I have been a Rovers fan first and foremost ever since.

Without going into the exact figures over the years it is enough for purposes of illustration to use percentages. In the immediate post-war years up to around 1950 the price of admission to the terracing at all Football League grounds was approx 1% of the average man's wage; whilst at the same time the players wages were capped at all clubs and amounted to about 2.5 times the average man's wage for the average player. Consequently everybody was happy and football was good with grounds bursting at the seams most weeks. Even the two 3rd divisions were getting quite good gates. Then in the 50's players wages along with wages in general increased fairly rapidly but players wages especially for the "star" players increased more rapidly than general wages and costs of living, and a gap began to open between the various divisions for the players wages and for admission prices at the gate. Gates began to fall (not too rapidly, but noticeably). Now grounds were quite well filled in the 1st & 2nd divisions but severely affected in 3rd div. Some supporters of 3rd division teams were either giving up or switching to "better value" teams in the 1st/2nd div's.

To cut a long story short, in !960 Jimmy Hill as the chairman of the P.F.A. led a campaign for the players to be free to negotiate their own wages with the clubs employing them, based on their "perceived value", which on the face of it seems a perfectly fair thing to do, and most people including supporters (but excluding club chairmen) agreed.

This situation worked fairly well for a short time, but it soon became apparent that a few players were becoming "stars" and only the "big" clubs could afford them, so the gradual drift apart of big clubs and the rest accelerated. Then players started to get greedy. They all saw themselves as "stars" and were no longer content with 2 or 3 times the average man's wage for doing a job that to them was pleasure, in contrast with the alternative of working in a low paid job for the vast majority of them. Consequently prices at the gate rose steeply and attendances fell for most clubs as the average man either could not afford the increase, or felt he was being taken for a mug. Those, who like myself could not "kick the habit", continued to support our favourite clubs and did so through thick and thin, though not without some complaints and discontent along the way.

The rest you know already. The steady decline in gates corresponds with increasing affluence for a few clubs and players, whilst at the same time more and more clubs have found themselves in dire straits fron a financial point of view

The final irony from my point of view is that after a lifetime of support for Rovers(always) and various other clubs in England and Scotland (depending on where I was living at the time) I now find myself as a pesioner unable to afford to renew my season ticket at Dunfermine Athletic were I have been since 1980.This is my choice so that I will still be able to afford a few visits to Ewood Park each seson, unless of course things get even worse. Ask youself, now that you have read the above, is THIS fair?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.