BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Living down in Oxfordshire and working at the weekends, my trips to Ewood have been few and far between recently. I therefore have to wait until the final phase of ticket sales before I can apply ( open sale ).( why don`t they just open phase 4 now? )

I intend to take my wife and my parents. At £45 each plus fuel, programs, food, drink, parking, we are looking at £250 all in.

To sit in a half empty stadium.

At 1st I was petrified that we wouldn`t get tickets at all.

Now I`m wondering if its all worth it for one game of football.

I have never felt so dissilusioned with the game in my life.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who aren't going because its too expensive or awkward to get to should maybe think about 2 things:-

1) How sick will you feel if we win and you have missed it?

2) What if its another 45 years till we get to a cup semi again?

A couple of weeks back, the semi final controlled my mind. Some would say it was controlling my life. All I could think about was the game coming up, what a day out in Sparky's homeland. What an opportunity which I may not witness ever again. It maybe against Arsenal but something weird has been going on in the cup this year, and I am becoming a believer.

However reading this thread makes you depressed- ok its a sh*t time/day etc etc... but its time to get on with it and live with it. Really folks it can be quite depressing reading this board at times but the realisation we are in the later stages of Jack's favourite cup spurs me on.

'Bring on the Arsenal'

tinykit.gif

However reading this thread makes you depressed- ok its a sh*t time/day etc etc... but its time to get on with it and live with it. Really folks it can be quite depressing reading this board at times but the realisation we are in the later stages of Jack's favourite cup spurs me on.

'Bring on the Arsenal'

tinykit.gif

I'm with you there. It could be worse couldn't it, we could have lost against the Dingles. Getting to a cup semi isn't such a bad thing is it?

My sister, who rarely goes to the Rovers, thought it would be nice to go to Cardiff for the weekend and see her friend from Uni. This would co-inside with seeing the game and taking her two young sons (aged 5 & 3).

She rung the Rovers today and they only have single seats left in the Family area, so she would have to purchase normal tickets, the cheapest being £45.

It would be costing her £180 to go for 4 of them.

Disastrous.

You can guess that she is now, not going to Cardiff.

Just spoken to the ticket office and gthe club will NOT be putting tickets on the West Stand on sale at all.

That means no more £25 / £35 available. And also that we are unlikely to take more than 15000 fans.

Arsenal are in a very similar situation.

rover.gif from the day the semi's were announced to be played in cardiff,it has been a disaster,one cock up after another,and this final insult,rovers should be telling the fa they are putting the cheaper seats on sale,to try and boost the gate i'm sure the fa would agree,as all they are intrested in is money tinykit.gif

My sister, who rarely goes to the Rovers, thought it would be nice to go to Cardiff for the weekend and see It would be costing her £180 to go for 4 of them.

thats cheap for say an nfl game

No it's not. We're talking face-values printed on the tickets, not what you could get for them on eBay. (They do that a lot over here).

and this final insult,rovers should be telling the fa they are putting the cheaper seats on sale,to try and boost the gate i'm sure the fa would agree,as all they are intrested in is money tinykit.gif

That would mean that the final insult will be toward the fans who have stumped up for the higher priced ones waggy.

Gotta say this mercenary and manipulative ticket sales 'engineering' by the FA all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Going to Cardiff at the instigation of the greedy grabbing FA is just like bothering to vote in the oncoming General Election......... it only serves to encourage em! mad.gif

My sister, who rarely goes to the Rovers, thought it would be nice to go to Cardiff for the weekend and see It would be costing her £180 to go for 4 of them.

No it's not. We're talking face-values printed on the tickets, not what you could get for them on eBay. (They do that a lot over here).

You haven't seen the face value of Patriots tickets lately!

'Bring on the Arsenal'

tinykit.gif

I'm with you there. It could be worse couldn't it, we could have lost against the Dingles. Getting to a cup semi isn't such a bad thing is it?

Im with both of you on this one. I dont understand the mentality of some of the ppl that post here. Blackburn is in the FA cup semi final and ppl are almost looking for excuses to screw the FA by not going to the game; WTF!!!

Maybe it is because of the saturation of football in the UK/Europe that drains your enthusiasm, but speaking from a country starved of the game; all those that dont want to go to the semi, buy a ticket for me and on behalf of everybody else that cant get there but would gladly sell their own grandmother to do so and then you will have your grand day out.

You haven't seen the face value of Patriots tickets lately!

tongue.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

I'll send you a Terrible Towel so you can deal with the pain.

Im with both of you on this one. I dont understand the mentality of some of the ppl that post here. Blackburn is in the FA cup semi final and ppl are almost looking for excuses to screw the FA by not going to the game; WTF!!!

Maybe it is because of the saturation of football in the UK/Europe that drains your enthusiasm, but speaking from a country starved of the game; all those that dont want to go to the semi, buy a ticket for me and on behalf of everybody else that cant get there but would gladly sell their own grandmother to do so and then you will have your grand day out.

If only it were so siple but given the figures totuted around on here for a family day out I can really understand why people arent going, the cost coupled with the ridiculous venue and ridiculous kick off time are discouraging people.

Given the lack of opening the West Stand I fail to see why they dont extend the family stand and put some more concession tickets on sale.

I'd agree with you stu except there are people, me included, whi have already stumped up £45 for a 13 year old because we couldn't get concessions together.

My wife is working, one of my lads in Australia and another is away for that weekend. Consequently we haven't had to have the family discussion on who would go. If everyone was available to go we'd have been looking at 4 adults, over 16, and one concession which would probably have run out at between £200 - £225 for tickets. With travel we would have been looking at £300 for the day

If we had been faced with making the decision I think we may well have chosen to stay at home. As it is only two going at a ticxket cost of £90, which is still ridiculous.

On another issue, mentioned earlier in this thread regarding the reported initiative to offer visiting support cheap tickets. I am in the process of writing to John Williams in his role as a member of the Working Group on Attendances. I shall be urging JW to oppose this initiative. I will be pointing out I am sufficiently upset by the suggestion to consider this a reason for not re-newing my STs if, or when, the idea is implemented. I am not prepared to pay more for a seat than a visiting supporter. Should this initiative be implemented I regard it as the final insult from the PL towards any loyal supporter.

Paul, BRFC already do cheap tickets - they are the standard prices!

However, if the initiative brought prices for Rovers supporters going to Stamford Bridge or Highbury into line with Ewood prices, surely that would be a very good thing.

Paul, BRFC already do cheap tickets - they are the standard prices!

However, if the initiative brought prices for Rovers supporters going to Stamford Bridge or Highbury into line with Ewood prices, surely that would be a very good thing.

But it wouldnt.

Stamford bridge reduce there away prices by a tenner - to £39 - Rovers reduce ours by a tenner - to £18, which is more than two quid cheaper than the average matchday price of an ST in the BBE.

'Bring on the Arsenal'

tinykit.gif

Where do you draw the line though. What will be next??? The FA cup be held in Asia to boost the sports popularity and tickets priced £500. Come on it's a semi final FFS, make the effort, Japan isn't that far away.

Just like clubs have to make a stand against players like Bowyer and Dyer the fans will evenually have to stand up to the FA. I have got a ticket for the Semi costing £45 but a few of my mates who go every now and then to Rovers may have gone for £25 or even £35 but are watching it down the pub.

Got my tickets, me, despite previous moaning about the huge cost.

So that's me, the wife, the 3 kids, my French cousin and a couple of old mates to swell the ranks.

CMON!

rover.gif thats why rovers should stick two fingers up at the fa and sell the cheaper tickets,before you all start moaning 'I HAVE PAID £45' you could always return them tinykit.gif

They are non returnable...... surprise surprise.

rover.gif well in that case burn em,i would not be dissapionted if the cheaper seats went on sale,because someone would benefit from these and the blues would have more support,but then i'm a guy who gives a beggar a quid tinykit.gif