BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glazer Set For Utd

If I was a supporter of any of these teams I would be praying NOT to be included in any Euro league . Much better to have a realistic chance of winning something in the English league than play a bit part in a Euro league that could never aspire to the history and traditions that our leagues take for granted .

Let the big clubs go ; they'd be back cap in hand within 3 or 4 years and hold a fraction of the bargaining power they now hold .

382702[/snapback]

You know, I might have to agree with you again. Let Manchester Buccaneers and co. have their Euro league. It will be popular for a while, but then as the traditional rivalries disappear, the cost of long distance travel goes skywards because of oil prices, as well as ticket prices, the fans will desert the clubs and form another team like FC United or AFC Wimbledon. It will all implode after 5-10 years and the novelty has worn off, and the only viewers will be misguided yanks and East Asians who don't know any better. And if Berlosconi is the 'brains' behind it, corruption and PR gaffes will follow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard recently that Manure have clinched a £60m 4 year shirt sponsorship. Wondering how this stands up against their last deal, and does it match Chelski's.

And with only a League cup to show for their efforts this year, the Glaziers collective spincter must be tweeking!

• 1 month later...
Heard recently that Manure have clinched a £60m 4 year shirt sponsorship. Wondering how this stands up against their last deal,  and does it match Chelski's.

And with only a League cup to show for their efforts this year, the Glaziers collective spincter must be tweeking!

387558[/snapback]

I actually think this has been a great season for United. True they performed poorly in the first half of the season, but now things have really turned around. A massive sponsorship deal, a trophy (even if it would have been their last choice) and they are now everyone's second club (I'm sure that isn't true for everyone but you know what I mean). It hasn't brought the success on the pitch they might have wanted but I think the club image has really done well in the past few months. Their total failings in the first half of the season have enabled them to win the hearts of a lot of people.

laugh.gif

It could also be Americans In Guano or Actually Idiotic Gamble.

According to the Daily Mirror, this shirt deal is not going to help transfer funds one bit, but will help the Glazer's debts in buying the club. Hope that's true. I'd like to see at least one G 14 club get ripped to shreds.

According to the Daily Mirror, this shirt deal is not going to help transfer funds one bit, but will help the Glazer's debts in buying the club. Hope that's true. I'd like to see at least one G 14 club get ripped to shreds.

397245[/snapback]

Not going to happen. The club itself still makes a huge profit, once they pay off the debts they will be in a very sound financial position.

Not going to happen. The club itself still makes a huge profit, once they pay off the debts they will be in a very sound financial position.

397272[/snapback]

You make it sound easy Eddie. It will be anything but, especially with Champions League income plummeting due to yet another season of poor performance.

Yes, but they will have compensated for that fall in income through the league cup run and this new record breaking shirt sponsorship deal. It won't be easy and will take some time, but the club is in a much safer position than all but one other club in the premiership, that being Chelsea.

The League Cup win for the Mancs, even with their big gates was probably worth about as much as the Arsenal v Juve two legger.

So the Mancs (Glazers) are still in the soup unless they have or are in the process of substantial re-financing. The G14 break-away is probably what the Glazers are banking on at the end of the day.

The Prem are very sensible moving to get the next TV auction done in the next few weeks and including internet rights as part of it. The Glazers are held by their promise not to break collective Premiership rights and hopefully there are enough clubs to get the 14-6 majority to redistribute the income more evenly. If I were Abramovich, I'd vote for redistribution just to cripple the Mancs.

The national debt of Malta is only a bit bigger than that of the Mancs.

Edited by philipl

The company I work for have AIG as a client, I have no idea what possible benefit they will get from the tie up with Manchester United. Mind you £56m id peanuts to them.

397318[/snapback]

worldwide brand exposure that would cost a lot more if you bought TV ads to get the same reach

client entertaining

being linked with one of the best clubs in the world

being able to sell their products to millions of their fans

the list goes on!

Franchise United laugh.gif

The Glazers' take over offer revealed that they would have to pay £61m a year in interest before they took another £109m loan at 11% interest to cover the interest payments for the first two years.

£21m profits (last published accounts) doesn't go very far in that context.

Whether Glazer has re-financed or not will be reflected in whether he sticks to the transfer fee cobenant- £60m max over five seasons with a £26m limit in this season with the season limit progressively reducing as he moves towards the 2010 deadline of repaying the Hedge Funds or handing over control.

Anyway, the Mancs late run this season has saved RFW from the chop as Gill has confirmed he will be boss for next season. The more this goes on, the more likely a Clough-style denouement becomes.

Edited by philipl

Franchise United laugh.gif

The Glazers' take over offer revealed that they would have to pay £61m a year in interest before they took another £109m loan at 11% interest to cover the interest payments for the first two years.

£21m profits (last published accounts) doesn't go very far in that context.

Whether Glazer has re-financed or not will be reflected in whether he sticks to the transfer fee cobenant- £60m max over five seasons with a £26m limit in this season with the season limit progressively reducing as he moves towards the 2010 deadline of repaying the Hedge Funds or handing over control.

Anyway, the Mancs late run this season has saved RFW from the chop as Gill has confirmed he will be boss for next season. The more this goes on, the more likely a Clough-style denouement becomes.

397363[/snapback]

Heard on the radio yesterday that the Glaziers were scrapping their buisness plan to make more money available for transfers.

Is there scope for that given the frightening amounts of debt ?

Edited by Azuri

• 2 weeks later...

I long for the day that United collapse completely. Imagine if it got so bad they got relegated- Heaven!!!

On the Football Manager game I'm playing now, United are starting to go into freefall in 2012. They're about 10th in the league, and they're playing at Maine Road laugh.gif

I long for the day that United collapse completely. Imagine if it got so bad they got relegated- Heaven!!!

On the Football Manager game I'm playing now, United are starting to go into freefall in 2012. They're about 10th in the league, and they're playing at Maine Road  laugh.gif

402023[/snapback]

Pity you can't pick Dennis Law for City laugh.gif

What's best is I'm partly responsible for their demise, having insulted Ferguson constantly in the press and piled the pressure on him. He got sacked, and replaced by Jewell. I like Jewell, so I'm having a tough time deciding whether to insult him purely for being Man U manager. Oh and I just beat United 4-0 away in my first season in the Prem laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.