BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glazer Set For Utd

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think the fact that their sponsorship deal is coming to an end is a good think for Manure, it gaurantees another big sponsership deal with a nice lump sum upfront.

I also think they will qualify easily in Benfica & still think their is no crisis. Its simply a team that is currently changing - it wont be long before they are back challenging the best in europe.

As for fans - they still have a waiting list for season tickets. Last time i heard it was about a 7 year wait i think!

As for fans - they still have a waiting list for season tickets. Last time i heard it was about a 7 year wait i think!

Tiz amazing how that can peater-off, when a team stop winning stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Mancs bottom of their Champs League Group. This morning, the financial damage of being knocked out was being minimised by the Manc spokesmen but it must hurt.

Still, if the Mancs want to see European football in Greater Manchester, they can pop along to watch Bolton.

Yes, it's humiliation for United tonight as they have finished bottom of their group for the first time. smile.gif

United crashed out of Europe with not even the consolation of a UEFA Cup place for finishing 3rd in the group.

It's the first time for eleven years that United have gone out of the Champions League at the group stages.

Wayne 'chav' Rooney has failed to score a goal in the Champions League since his debut for United against Fernebache last season.

It's the third year in a row that United have failed to reach the quarter-final of the competition, having been beaten last season by AC Milan in the last 16 and by Porto at the same stage the previous year. A poor record for the so-called "world's biggest club".

At Benfica's Stadium of Light, a dark cloud hung over Alex Ferguson, who cut a disconsolate figure as he left the pitch.

Fergie Out!

(As long as it's not Hughes in.)

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Wayne 'chav' Rooney has failed to score a goal in the Champions League since his debut for United against Fernebache last season.

365608[/snapback]

Rooney, chav or not, is genuinely world class. Thankfully, he's the only United player who is.

I wonder if other Prem clubs are going to follow the lead of Rovers and Boro and start playing a very ordinary Manc side (with 2 and a half exceptional individuals- Rooney, Roonaldo and Ruud) with no fear and no respect.

If they do, the Manc slide back down the Prem could be precipitate.

Flopsy, I think thats a disgusting way to speak about one of the biggest clubs in world football. You should be completely ashamed of yourself. You should want to see all English clubs doing well in Europe.

Only Kidding..... Its effing brilliant. God I'm gonna have some fun with all the dirty mancs at work smile.gif

The Press is unanimous in saying that Ferguson will go this summer.

If the Glazers are hard nosed, they will retire him in Manchester today. Put Queroz in charge for the pre-Christmas programme. If he produces stunning results keep him but prepare selection of a top dog coach with a bit of pocket money for January.

Of course, the United finances might be stretched so tight the Glazers might have to dip into their own pockets to do it. Now this is going to be an interesting moment to find out the colour (color?) of the Glazers' interest in soccer.

Edited by philipl

Flopsy, I think thats a disgusting way to speak about one of the biggest clubs in world football. You should be completely ashamed of yourself. You should want to see all English clubs doing well in Europe.

365652[/snapback]

I did support them in 99 - only because I dislike Bayern slightly more than Man U and the Man U team of 99 was a really good team. Their win against Juve in the semi's was one of the best non-rovers games Ive seen.

Wonderful to watch an empire slowly crumble until it is nothing but dust.

The first crack in the wall was Ferguson's misguided decision to stay several years ago. United have won the league since but that was misleading: Ferguson and United had passed their peak and were on the way down.

The next bricks to tumble were the fallout with Beckham, who became the first of United's golden generation to leave the club, and Ferguson's increasingly inept deals in the transfer market to replace his ageing squad (Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson anyone ?).

The pace of decline has quickened in the past year with the decline in form of key players such as van Nistelrooy, Scholes, Giggs and Ferdinand, the obvious divisions in the club that led to the departure of the talismanic Keane, the decision of Vodafone to pull out (no one wants to back a losing horse) and now this, departure from Europe.

The Glazers were fools, making the equivalent mistake of buying the stockmarket when it had passed its peak and was about to enter a severe downturn. They will be sitting at home now, doing their sums and working out how they are going to service their massive debts without the income of European footballl.

Do not be suprised if the club's prize asset, Rooney, were sold and the highest earners, such as Ferdinand, transferred to get him off the payroll. Then there is the question of replacing the lameduck Ferguson. Who would want the job with the best players too old and no money to replace them ?

United are in freefall and it is marvellous to behold.

And to think in a few years it will happen to Chelsea too.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool with Spurs lurking around 4th unless the slide at Man U is stopped very very very quickly. Boro and Newcastle if they ever employ decent managers have the finacial muscle to make a bid for the top four and stay there

Then there is the question of replacing the lameduck Ferguson. Who would want the job with the best players too old and no money to replace them ?

365662[/snapback]

Steve Bruce? laugh.gif

Saw Alex Ferguson on tele this morning. Dead man walking.

Edited by Yorick

Speaking to a few local United fans over tha past few weeks they have stated they arent going to renew their season tickets next season ..is the bubble about to burst at Old Trafford and are the Glazers going to end up with egg on their faces.

Man Utd will recover as Man Utd are one of the biggest and greatest football clubs in the world.

In reality their pulling power is second to none. They are one quality cenre back and two quality midfielders short of being the one of, if not the finest team around again.

All top european clubs go through this.... Three years ago Barca were absolutely AWFUL. Now look at them. Look at Madrid now, but can anyone see them not being a force in five years?

These cycles come and go, but IMHO United will rise again very shortly.

3 midfielders - A Defensive midfielder (ala makalele) and attacking midfielder/playmaker (ala Paul Scholes 3or 4 years ago) and a decent crosser of the ball (preferably on the left wing as Giggs is past it)

United are really missing any quality cover look at their subs bench now and its rubbish - look at it 6 years ago and its was scary

Waited years for this.

Where are all the Man.U loving biased refs, linesmen, tv comentators, pundits now?

I honestly knew a teenage Man.U fan who told me they were going to London to take the tour of Old Trafford! That says it all to me. They are not a football club but as Jim says, some sort of empire. And its crumbling.

Only problem is all those fans who so boastfully walked the streets in their United shirts / jackets can`t be found to ridicule. They cunningly disguise themelves in Chelsea shirts these days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.