Wigans average attendance is 19605

...so Wigan take the lead again with an average of +138

The total attendances for each club are:-

Rovers tinykit.gif ...116806

Wigan ...117632 (a difference of 826)

Next home games for both clubs are:-

Rovers v Everton (3rd Dec)

Wigan v Arsenal (19th Nov)

....both potential big gates, but Wigans game is a 12.45 k/o (live on SKY??)

thumbs-up.gif

Edited by cletus

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigans current average is 19605 whilst Blackburns is 19468 (source www.statmail.co.uk)

BTW SG, love that picture of Dixie Dingle. Whilst the whole episode was somewhat embarrassing I did laugh when one of your lot (maybe Nelsen? - a big lad anyway) started to move towards him, the look on his face was priceless

Don't worry longsider 1882. It isn't anything you've done it's just that eddie resides in Gay Paris and is understandably a little stressy at the moment. Oops I'm forgetting, you lot are already well aquainted with race riots aren't you?

Disagree with you there, once again TND has shown himself to be no better than mindless insults. I'd prefer it if you didn't continue to make the troubles of the city and country where my family live into small jokes for your own amusement.

BTW SG, love that picture of Dixie Dingle. Whilst the whole episode was somewhat embarrassing I did laugh when one of your lot (maybe Nelsen? - a big lad anyway) started to move towards him, the look on his face was priceless

....looking at the photo, Steven Reid looks like he wasn`t about to back down! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

2005-2006: 19,468 (Premier League)

2004-2005: 22,315 (Premier League)

2003-2004: 24,376 (Premier League)

2002-2003: 26,226 (Premier League)

I rather think that track of Rovers' support has blown a bit of a hole in our club's budgeting as well.

Are Rovers really so much worse than they were four seasons ago that average gates are deservedly down by nearly 7,000?

Edited by philipl

The current seasons figure is a little (read "a lot") unfair though.

The other seasons include 25k plus attendance in the matches v Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal.

If for each of those games we get 26k on (wishful thinking) the average goes up to well over 22k.

The current seasons figure is a little (read "a lot") unfair though.

The other seasons include 25k plus attendance in the matches v Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal.

If for each of those games we get 26k on (wishful thinking) the average goes up to well over 22k.

360851[/snapback]

Yes and no Stu-

No- do like for like comparisson of the matches we've played (Newcastle gate this year v Newcastle gate last year for instance) and we are still some 2,000 down on average.

No- the away support seems to have really fallen away this season and what is to say Everton, Mancs, Liverpool etc will bring the same numbers they have in the past? Perhaps the club has numbers it would share with BRISA?

Yes- surely with the way Rovers have got back to winning ways playing entertaining football at Ewood more people will be attracted to Ewood to support the Rovers?

Wishing/hoping we will reach 26K gates in our big games is probably ambitious yet that was the average attendance in 2002/3

Edited by philipl

2005-2006: 19,468 (Premier League)

2004-2005: 22,315 (Premier League)

2003-2004: 24,376 (Premier League)

2002-2003: 26,226 (Premier League)

I rather think that track of Rovers' support has blown a bit of a hole in our club's budgeting as well.

Are Rovers really so much worse than they were four seasons ago that average gates are deservedly down by nearly 7,000?

360846[/snapback]

Just a thought but in the 70's I knew a bloke, a die hard BRFC fan who had to miss his 1st match in years due to his sisters wedding. He felt so stongly that he wrote and sent a cheque to the club for the same amount as the price of his admission.

Now I'm not addressing you in particular Philip, but would you (and other regulars on here too) ever consider doing likewise? You get more than your money's worth of entertainment on here alone never mind watching most of the matches basically for free in some far flung bar?

I mooted this suggestion some time ago as a way forward for caring fans to help fund the club rather than attending away matches. Average awayday spend must be in excess of £50 so why not watch the match in the pub and send BRFC a tenner (for example)? About the price of a round of drinks! I know that it will never work as people are just not made that way nowadays, but imo the principle is right.

We love having a Prem team but the fact remains that this town cannot fund one indefinitely, and our 'absent' friends as it were do not even have to find the price of ST's do they?

Edited by thenodrog

....not a bad idea actually theno

why don`t the club register as a charity & supporters can 'donate' whatever they want every week by direct debit (say £1 a week)

Who`s first?? unsure.gif

Just a thought but in the 70's I knew a bloke, a die hard BRFC fan who had to miss his 1st match in years due to his sisters wedding.  He felt so stongly that he wrote and sent a cheque to the club for the same amount as the price of his admission.

Now I'm not addressing you in particular Philip, but would you (and other regulars on here too) ever consider doing likewise?  ?

360856[/snapback]

Good idea if the club were in the same financial straits as it was in the 1970s/80s.

I refuse however to give any of my hard-earned pension money to continue funding the lifestyle of overpaid underperforming run-of-the-mill millionaire footballers.

Agree with the sentiment: too much pontificating from foreign climes from folk who have abandoned the town and know nowt.

Good idea if the club were in the same financial straits as it was in the 1970s/80s.

I refuse however to give any of my hard-earned pension money to continue  funding the lifestyle of overpaid underperforming run-of-the-mill millionaire footballers.

Agree with the sentiment: too much pontificating from foreign climes from folk who have abandoned the town and know nowt.

360865[/snapback]

Typical of your ilk.

Do as I say, not as I do.

You expect those overseas to do something that you're not prepared to do. Must be journalistic logic.

I refuse however to give any of my hard-earned pension money to continue  funding the lifestyle of overpaid underperforming run-of-the-mill millionaire footballers.

360865[/snapback]

Didn't know you still lived in Blackburn jim. Or is pontification from leafy non-Blackburn climes a la Parkinson and Barnsley somehow different?

Anyway, I do agree with the first part of your pontification and I also have no intention of parting with my hard-earned pension when the likes of Flitcroft and Amo sit around on the bloated contracts given to them by our excessively paid leader.

1. Lower ticket prices to around £15 for adults.

2. Under 16's get in for £3-5 for unfashionable games

3. Free/Damn cheap tickets to schools

4. More publicity-Rovers as a good night out for everyone.

5. Somehow convince more Asian families to go. No ideas at this end.

6. Target areas that are not in Manchester, Liverpool catchment areas with publicity, coach services to the game etc.

These may help the situation in the long term.

Edited by Billy Castell

1. Lower ticket prices to around £15 for adults.

2. Under 16's get in for £3-5 for unfashionable games

3. Free/Damn cheap tickets to schools

These may help the situation in the long term.

360963[/snapback]

Those 3 measures alone would probably ensure that there is no long term in the Prem. The aim in running any business is to maximise revenue and not to provide subsidised facilities when there is no subsidy to be had! That is the way to administration!

People really have to get out of nurturing these stupid but quaint idealistic ideas. The Prem is all about money, if we want to be there then the club needs through necessity to finance that privelidge. We must provide funds in the short term first and let the long term take a back seat.

We know that cheap tickets don't work, we know that the only thing that draws the less committed people through the turnstiles is the prospect of watching decent football from a winning team.

360865[/snapback]

In your usual haste to stir unecessary trouble by winding up our distant friends you have shot yourself in the foot. Why should they pay when you state quite categorically that you won't Jim?

People said that in the 60's and 70's after the max wage rule was ended Jim. I must have heard "Overpaid prima donnas on £100 per week do not need my money!" more times than enough in those days! The inevitable result was that as income dropped we paid less in salaries, attracted poorer players and played down with the dead men of Div 3.

Make no mistake....... it's happening again. sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.