SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Was wondering if anybody knew what was going on with Jansen?  Is he fit?  I noticed he got a bit of a run out against Leeds but nothing prior to that.  He wasn't on the bench against Chelsea either.

357642[/snapback]

He is fit, but he is currently 4th choice up front. So he probably have to wait for someone to get injured. Let us hope that the someone is Dickov... wink.gif

I couldn't disagree further. He is obviously fourth in the pecking order at Ewood and barely featured in a 3-0 first round cup win.

Even if two of Kuqi, Bellamy and Dickov were to be injured at the same time, Hughesd would probably revert to 4-5-1 or Jansen would only be given a couple of games at most until they returned.

I would say that when Johnson returns, even he wil be higher in the pecking order.

It hurts me to say it, but Jansen doesn't have a future at the club. A real shame, because he is acertainly a better option than both Dickov and Kuqi, in my opinion.

withstupid.gif

Oh aye that's right...Jansen better than Dickov.?????????????????

Just check the stats mate......

I've never heard as much clap trap in my life......Dickov has more agression in his little finger and I'd back him over Jansen in a 100m running race....Jeez man!

Jury's still out on Kuqi.......but I think that Jansen has done his money at the Rovers....he needs to get away and sign for a club like Preston.

To be fair, like it or lump it, Dickov is better than Jansen.

There is no hidden agenda or secret formula brewing, Dickov plays far more than Jansen as he is obviously better in training, and has proven his worth on the pitch, something Jansen hasn't done in quite a while.

And before anyone starts screaming ''Jansen hasn't been given the same chances;'' It's because Jansen hasn't EARNT the same chances!

To be fair, like it or lump it, Dickov is better than Jansen.

There is no hidden agenda or secret formula brewing, Dickov plays far more than Jansen as he is obviously better in training, and has proven his worth on the pitch, something Jansen hasn't done in quite a while.

And before anyone starts screaming ''Jansen hasn't been given the same chances;'' It's because Jansen hasn't EARNT the same chances!

358184[/snapback]

But to criticise Jansen is immoral in some posters eyes.

Yet another season is passing by and the great hope Jansen is sadly hardly figuring again.

It's time to cut our losses and get him off the wage bill.

I certainly don't think it immoral to criticise Jansen. I also think that Jansen should look to leave to get first team football.

However, being told that I am stupid for even thinking that Jansen is a better player, from an illiterate child is too much.

One thing is for certain, Dickov's aggression does not immediately make him a better player.

Pre-injury, Jansen was far and away the better player. Since then he hasn't had the same opportunities or fortunes as Dickov and it's hardly as if Dickov has been great for Rovers.

Personally I don't see the risk in trying Jansen out alongside Bellamy, as neither Kuqi or Dickov are particularly good players.

You're obviously a fool, I won't even bother arguing.

358181[/snapback]

Not really mate. Your obviously deluded if you think that Jansen is a better player than Dickov.

Dickov has scored goals regularly in this division for 10 years that I can be bothered remembering........You ask City fans what they think of Paul Dickov....

I bet you can count on two hands the number of goals Jansen has scored....

You won't bother arguing cos yer talkin sh1te........

laugh.gif

Red face time sparky marky

Dickov Appearances 368 goals 102 born 1972

Jansen Appearances 276 goals 82 born 1977 (and he's missed most of the last three seasons remember)

Jansen in his prime was massively better than Dickov has ever been.

358213[/snapback]

Not a man on earth who can argue that, I'm on record as saying that I think Jansen pre injury was better than Duff, but unfortunately the injury seems to have finished him.

I hope I'm wrong, but equally, the fact is at the moment people don't seem to appreciate that Dickov is a better player, which nobody currently can doubt.

Seems to be one thing missing...I think you'll find that the majority of Jansens goals were aginst the likes of Stockport and Preston

Jansens in his prime now, supposedly....Give it a rest man....You ask any football fan who they'd rather have in their side....

Now or at anytime.

Jansen at his best vs Dickov at his best is a no brainer. Jansen has far more talent.

However, Jansen isn't at his best, and hasn't been for years. Dickov is currently a better option, and in far better form.

Seems to be one thing missing...I think you'll find that the majority of Jansens goals were aginst the likes of Stockport and Preston

Jansens in his prime now, supposedly....Give it a rest man....You ask any football fan who they'd rather have in their side....

Now or at anytime.

358217[/snapback]

...and Dickov played in which divisions with Man City?

Were you watching Rovers in the Prem in 2001/2?

Dickov isnt in the team because he is good, he is in because Jansen is not good right now.

Jansen at his best vs Dickov at his best is a no brainer. Jansen has far more talent.

However, Jansen isn't at his best, and hasn't been for years. Dickov is currently a better option, and in far better form.

358220[/snapback]

Have we found a new muppet of the month to take over from vinjay with this sparky marky chav kid?

358222[/snapback]

behave

Give him a chance - if he continues adnauseam on teh same topic then yes you can call him the new Vinjay - until then leave him be.

And how do you know hes a chav?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.