BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poll - Falling Attendances.

Tris

What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?

• Overprice tickets
    • Poor standard of entertainment
    • Lack of atmosphere these days
    • Petty stewards
    • No terracing
    • Unable to identify with players these days
    • Too much football on TV

This poll is closed to new votes

In order that all clubs are sufficiently large to warrant the immense privilege of competing in the top flight I think Gordon has this utopian vision of all clubs merging and London Lions/ Birmingham Broncos/Manchester Buccaneers and Liverpool Limas competing in a thrilling 4 team League every Saturday!

smile.gif  wink.gif

351821[/snapback]

I think that's an Orwellian vision rather than a Utopian one, Simon. unsure.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i right in saying Rovers would be my closest Premiership club, from Leeds? Must be Rovers or Bolton....

351829[/snapback]

Man City is the closest to Elland Road, followed by Old Trafford, Reebok, Ewood and then probably Middlesbrough

5000+ posts ....... I'm hardly 'new' anything cock.  dry.gif

351817[/snapback]

Quality mate not Quantity...... as philipl has proved its not hard to get your post count up if you spend your life on the board responding to every other users post.

Nah in all seriousness, your posts have somewhat more dimension than Vinjay's but from my perspective Lancs Utd. is distasteful as I'm from Yorkshire!!

I dont mind betraying the white rose county to support Blackburn but I could never get behind the RED rose of Lancs Utd. Smells too much like Man Utd...

Man City is the closest to Elland Road, followed by Old Trafford, Reebok, Ewood and then probably Middlesbrough

351980[/snapback]

Thats very debatable, I live 2 miles from the Bradford/ Leeds boundary. For me to get to Ewood its 46 miles, for me to get to Manchester City centre its 52 miles and Breezeblock its 49 miles. You quoted Elland Rd which is just by the motorway system which the Manchester grounds are closer to. So from many parts of Leeds, Ewood is definetly the closest. rover.gif

Thats very debatable, I live 2 miles from the Bradford/ Leeds boundary. For me to get to Ewood its 46 miles, for me to get to Manchester City centre its 52 miles and Breezeblock its 49 miles. You quoted Elland Rd which is just by the motorway system which the Manchester grounds are closer to. So from many parts of Leeds, Ewood is definetly the closest. rover.gif

352035[/snapback]

So, what exactly is debately about my post?

thumbs-up.gif

• Backroom
as philipl has proved its not hard to get your post count up if you spend your life on the board responding to every other users post.

351985[/snapback]

PhilipL is one of the best posters on here mate.. he doesn't need to 'get his post count up' by responding to everyone elses posts (unlike you it would seem) tongue.gif

PhilipL is one of the best posters on here mate.. he doesn't need to 'get his post count up' by responding to everyone elses posts (unlike you it would seem)  tongue.gif

352038[/snapback]

PhilipL is big boy and will no doubt see the funny side and respond with a far superior put down..... and when he finally gets just reward for all his time, effort and trawling and makes admin or mod he will take his revenge I'm sure..... your defence however is touching.......

Back on topic (sort of) BD12 offcially makes Blackburn my "local" premier league club. Who says the catchment area is small - the premier league "product" at Blackburn has a bigger catchment area than ever.

Unfortunatley its not a bussiness deep down is it? After all Leeds fans are hardly going to start turning up at Ewood just to watch the "Premier League".

The post isnt debatable as such its just not correct . Ewood is the nearest premier league ground to Leeds

352058[/snapback]

It is correct. For parts of Leeds. I specified Elland Road, now as far as Im aware that is in Leeds. The distances are according to the AA. My post was 100% correct thank you. ph34r.gif

Anyway this is a little dull isnt it.

Edited by stuwilky

Weren't they going to redo one of the stands so the stadium could hold more supporters? but i suppose it wont matter if we get poor attendances like this

352094[/snapback]

Understatement of the year Cowan.

They were actually thinking of making a hotel / stand affair on the Riverside if my memory serves me right. It seemed a good idea at the time and if the demand for a hotel still stacks up now they could resurrect the concept and make 2!! sad.gif

Understatement of the year Cowan.

They were actually thinking of making a hotel / stand affair on the Riverside if my memory serves me right.  It seemed a good idea at the time and if the demand for a hotel still stacks up now they could resurrect the concept and make 2!! sad.gif

352101[/snapback]

The riverside stand and cinema complex with glass fronted lobby overlooking the pitch. Get UCI to build it and pay for it and on Satuardays becomes a large behind glass bar area - similar to blues bar but with a pitch view. I know it was looked at but never heard why it failed.

All i can say, is thank God we are on a decent run at the moment and are up around mid-table. If we say lost to manure and drew with wba, i dread to guess what the b'ham crowd would have been. As it is, the positivity around ewood at the mo should see us get 18k ish

Zurab's sending off today demonstrates another reason why people are becoming disillusioned with the modern game.

Last defender; miss-timed tackle produces foul for which the penalty should be a free kick or a penalty kick depending on the area of the pitch it occurred.

40 years ago a player only got sent off for serious violent conduct.

I'll bet the number was not much more than 5 in a season.

FIFA in their wisdom have acheived more than 5 per weekend.

If a player is sent off fairly early in a game, the whole game strategy is immediately changed and in more than 90% of games the spectator, having paid a mega amount of money to watch a great contest, is cheated out of this because of silly mandatory rules.

It makes me so angry mad.gif

Spot on Bazza.

Cruyff and Platini both said in the late seventies that football should be a non contact sport.

Instead of starting up a new game that was actually non contact, they both went about trying to change the game we loved. Due to their profiles and positions within the sports ruling bodies they have virtually achieved this now.

Anyone who tries to tell me either of these two were footballing greats gets a right tongue lashing.

Spot on Bazza.

Anyone who tries to tell me either of these two were footballing greats gets a right tongue lashing.

353514[/snapback]

They were! Platini was fantastique and imo Cruyff was probably the best player that I have seen. The only became crappy when they changed from performing ON the pitch to performing off it.

btw 'Spot on Bazza' from me too! The regular awayday rot set in for me personally at Nottm Forest when Wilcox got sent off for dropping the ball over the touchline. If I'd had a gun that day I'd have just about qualified for parole by now! thumbs-up.gif

Edited by thenodrog

They were!  Platini was fantastique and imo Cruyff was probably the best player that I have seen.  The only became crappy when they changed from performing ON the pitch to performing off it.

To be fair Cruyff was a great manager for Barcelona; four titles in a row, a European Cup and pairing the dream team of Romario and Stoitchkoff. Has been known to talk crap on occasions though I must admit.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Zurab's sending off today demonstrates another reason why people are becoming disillusioned with the modern game.

353495[/snapback]

The exact same thought crossed my mind yesterday Bassa. I'd spent all week looking forward to having a go at the Scouse gits ( there's a big domestic agenda sad.gif ) only for that incompetant pr*ck to ruin it. We then spend 60 minutes watching our team trying to run down the clock having paid £32 for the privilege. It happens far to often. Very angry!

Edited by Wiggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.