BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poll - Falling Attendances.

Tris

What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?

• Overprice tickets
    • Poor standard of entertainment
    • Lack of atmosphere these days
    • Petty stewards
    • No terracing
    • Unable to identify with players these days
    • Too much football on TV

This poll is closed to new votes

rover.gif after saturdays fantastic result,and saturday's gate probably under 20k,rovers should be contacting every school in the area offering free tickets for the wba game,strike when the iron is hot tinykit.gif

349584[/snapback]

Well said matey.

Is that a first ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revidge

Why is my assertion that Rovers fans should be allowed to support their team in different ways <Rubbish>?

I did not mean to rile the thread police, detract from the valid point that Alan75 suggested regarding a £10 reciprocal deal with Wigan nor am I an apologist for the current wannabe hooligan pipsqueaks among Rovers away following.

If our older ‘drunken and lary’ following could be enticed out of the pub on matchdays, not only would home and away support be improved but perhaps some of the juvenile obnoxious behaviour that many decry would be marginalised?

If our older ‘drunken and lary’ following could be enticed  out of the pub on matchdays, not only would home and away support be improved but perhaps some of  the juvenile obnoxious behaviour that many decry would be marginalised?

349726[/snapback]

Fair shout.

Premiership clubs simply didn't win enough times to keep the supporters happy.

Perhaps there is nothing uniquely disloyal in the Rovers' support. Just that the disproportionate fall off in attendance is a function of only seeing ten league wins at Ewood across two seasons?

The disproportionate number of away wins throughout the leagues so far this season doesn't portend well for attendances on that basis.

349548[/snapback]

Thats it in a nut shell really. If for any given season we finished in the same league position, the supporters would talk more avidly about the season in which we won more games or saw more entertaining football.

Ticket pricing at Ewood isn't the reall problem imo

Report on season ticket sales at all Premiership clubs.

It shows Bolton suffering a small decline which given the local news about the Trotters doing really well with season ticket sales raises some questions.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the EU commission's intervention to force the number of televised games up from 106 to 138 was one of the biggest contributors to the fall in attendance.

Interesting to read that the "big" games between the Mancs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are showeing very big drops in viewing figures. Personally, I avoid these games- so many are anti-climactic bores.

Scudamore

'Attendances cannot continue to grow at the same inflated rate [as they have since the league's creation in 1992]', he said, while emphasising that 'the attendance of fans is still the number-one priority for clubs'.

That's nice to know.

I think this weekend is possibly the worst example of fixture tampering I can recall; there are five games today, I presume they are all on the telly, with KO's of 11.15. 13.00, 13.30, 14.00 and 16.00 - so it would be impossible for the armchair fan to watch them all. Surely one match on a Sunday and one Monday is enough?

Man City London branch, season ticket holders were complaining last night, that its virtually impossible to get public transport in time to get to the game at 11.15 am.

They say that the kick off time is due to coverage in TV China.

Scudamore

That's nice to know.

I think this weekend is possibly the worst example of fixture tampering I can recall; there are five games today, I presume they are all on the telly, with KO's of 11.15. 13.00, 13.30, 14.00 and 16.00 - so it would be impossible for the armchair fan to watch them all. Surely one match on a Sunday and one Monday is enough?

350705[/snapback]

The Wigan Bolton game has been shifted on police advice apparently.

The Villa Middlesbrough game has been moved due to Boro's European adventures.

The other three are on Sky.

The Everton game was identified and confirmed as a Sky game earlier in the season (as a Saturday lunchtime ko) the Everton went and got knocked out of the champs league and had to play in the UEFA on a Thursday, thus causing the game to be moved to the Sunday. As sky had already confirmed it, they had to show it. Silly morning kick off was the only free slot.

Thats it in a nut shell really.  If for any given season we finished in the same league position, the supporters would talk more avidly about the season in which we won more games or saw more entertaining football.

Ticket pricing at Ewood isn't the reall problem imo

349904[/snapback]

Sorry to Quote myself(and re-quote Philipl), but yesterdays gate -20,731, backs the above sentiments up. Even just 2 weeks ago we could have expected only 16-17.000, excellent result at OT and we see an immediate improvement. Lets hope we can maintain this good form and see where it takes us.

Did anyone else notice - our bit of the Darwen End (half the lower tier) was probably about 75% full. That's the fullest I've seen it this season, of home fans that is. I think that's where the schools etc groups go isn't it? And I noticed yesterday was the first of the Schools Incentive games. Coincidence? Any inside info Lee?

Bring this up at a dinner party or in the pub and the number of people who confess to no having renewed is very telling. I'm generalising but imo they tend to be the ones that only started coming during JW/KMD years anyway.

Not 'proper' committed football fans but rather prawn sarnie brigaders. I know their 20 quid is the same as everybody elses but a club cannot run successfully funded by fair weather friends, cos when the bad times inevitably come the funding dries up to too low a level to enable recovery.

Did anyone else notice - our bit of the Darwen End (half the lower tier) was probably about 75% full.  That's the fullest I've seen it this season, of home fans that is.  I think that's where the schools etc groups go isn't it?  And I noticed yesterday was the first of the Schools Incentive games.  Coincidence?  Any inside info Lee?

350744[/snapback]

yes i did, but you couldnt hear the childish screams you usually hear when school groups are in huh.gif

With a good continued run of form we can expect our home crowd to be nudging up to 20,000(Rovers fans).Realisticaly that's all we can hope for at the moment and good half season ticket sales at Crimbo could help too.

Matters will improve on the crowd front but its going to take time.....it appears there's been a hell of a lot of damage done these last two season's.

Hnaging around outside the ground after the match I listened to two couples chat as they met up. One pair seemed to be STs the other pair were saying how much they'd enjoyed the game and that they must all go again. smile.gif Now that is POSITIVE!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.