BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poll - Falling Attendances.

Tris

What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?

• Overprice tickets
    • Poor standard of entertainment
    • Lack of atmosphere these days
    • Petty stewards
    • No terracing
    • Unable to identify with players these days
    • Too much football on TV

This poll is closed to new votes

TNR I'd go for the idea as well.  I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.

Seriously though why not suggest it to the club?

348777[/snapback]

Why not wait for them to think it up themselves! rolleyes.gif Rovers have a commercial dept headed up by an ex-player who draws the raffle and lives on easy street. Do their work for em and they'll be there forever. dry.gif Surely given the decline in attendance the entire commercial dept should be carrying the can? Change em/ replace em or whatever but it is their responsibility not mine. tinykit.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There lies a reason why the clubs wont reduce prices.

Well that`s that then, eh? wink.gif

At least if you don`t try, you won`t get let down.

...as for the 'fear of drunken fans' comment, i think it`s a bit p1ss poor of an excuse. You ask any police force in England what they think of travelling BRFC tinykit.gif fans & they`d all probably say the same thing "far from the worst".

Most Rovers fans enjoy a beer, some banter & the footy. Asking both clubs to consider dropping their prices for these games is not going put peoples lives at risk nor put each club in jeopardy of plummeting into a cavern of debt. Hopefully it might start a trend of inter-club agreements/deals to keep prices down, tempt lost fans with great offers.....thus putting bums on seats.

....but as you said, somebody might get drunk over the christmas period & spoil it for all of us. sad.gif

Lame excuse

Some selective editing there cletus.

Why would the clubs reduce ticket costs when they can see that fans are already planning 3 months in advance to attend the game.

Both clubs know the supporters are going to make it into a day event to celibrate new year. So why would they consider reducing cost when they have a captive audience.

I'd say there were more than that Lee. Apart from the first two or three rows of the Darwen End Lower, they filled every seat. Add to that one half of the upper tier (not completely sold out, but quite close to being) and there must have ben 6,000.

348673[/snapback]

I wasn't guessing though, I've got the attendance figures close at hand, there were 4975 tickets sold in the Darwen End stand.

I wasn't guessing though, I've got the attendance figures close at hand, there were 4975 tickets sold in the Darwen End stand.

348951[/snapback]

Is that total sales Lee, cos there was a vast difference between the amount of htfc fans in the grnd at kick-off and at the start of the 2nd half! Does that figure include all the late coming htfc fans?

I think the idea of 'doing a deal' with Wigan & Rovers to make football cheaper & pack out both stadiums is very achievable

At the end of the day, the chairmen of both clubs have been quoted as saying "football is too expensive & something must be done"

Let`s see if they mean what they say by challenging them to do something about it!!

thumbs-up.gif  tinykit.gif  thumbs-up.gif

348800[/snapback]

BRFC did do something about making football cheaper on Wednesday night. £10 per ticket and about 5500 turned up ffs!

A few people may be turned on by lower ticket prices but not enough to make a significant difference.

It seems to me that apathy does not have a price! It just lies dormant in the psyche of most human beings waiting until conditions allow it to reappear and spread in the manner of more usual epidemics.

Mark my words, as the numbers of deserters in this town increase the ones who are currently rather shamefaced about packing in will quickly come to scoff and embarrass those that do still go. mad.gif

Going to BRFC is simply becoming unfashionable. sad.gif

theno....BRFC did do something about making football cheaper on Wednesday night. £10 per ticket and about 5500 turned up ffs!

That is true,it was a poor gate but the league cup is a different beast from the premier league altogether. I know of 3 non-regulars who attended the Huddersfield game. Just imagine what the crowd would`ve been if it had been a full price game?? I`d at least halve it.

There lies a reason why the clubs wont reduce prices.

Dont get me wrong I like a drink as much as the next person, but why would the clubs reduce prices if fans can afford to go on the booze all day.

Representatives from clubs and the police read sites like this, so with the knowledge that fans are going to be drunk, increased stewarding and security will have to be costed for. Wigan already pay excessive police costs, so why would they reduce ticket costs for a local derby where extra police is going to be needed.

I'm not having a go at you dan, but its one of the reasons that I and many more supporters have stopped going to away games. Why should we pay £30 a ticket and end up sitting next to a bunch of p##### up blokes who spoil the enjoyment of trying to watch a game of football.

348814[/snapback]

Maybe the clubs should put the prices up to £50 . That way fewer people would go , you would have less chance of drunkards sitting next to you , and the police and stewards wouldn't have to turn up at all ......

Mind you , Alan - you'd probably be outnumbered by the players..... unsure.gif

348951[/snapback]

So Lee, the Darwen End has got smaller?

We all know the capacity of the area's almost filled by the 'udders.

You're not addressing the taxman in here y'know biggrin.gif

Now I don't want to get all happy-clappy here; but surely everyone who went to T'uddersfield game noticed that there was a vast amount more young people at the game than for normal games. If no one under 16 was allowed in the home crowd would have been very spartan.

"It's like a bloody youth club round here" muttered my elder relative at halftime.

Now the only reason I can think, was that the ticket prices for them were really cheap. Hopefully JW & co will have noticed this.

Reasons to be cheerful (part 1)

Wow! After being criticised for charging too much for their Champions League games Chelsea have decided to refund 187,500pounds worth of gate receipts to their season ticket holders. Admittedly they have to KEEP buying tickets to get the refund (more like a future discount then) but at least they are acknowledging their shockingly high prices. True they can afford it...but they could just have ignored the complaints like usually happens.

Alright, it's not much but hopefully it is just the start...one day the working man may once again be able to afford to go and watch the "working man's game".

Chelsea pledge ticket refund to fans of 187,500 pounds

there was a vast amount more young people at the game than for normal games. If no one under 16 was allowed in the home crowd would have been very spartan.

349026[/snapback]

Certainly hadn't escaped my notice colin. More evidence that very cheap tickets for the youngsters would help. On the basis of wednesday night the club don't need all the expense and fuss of trying to attract schools, just make it £3 a ticket for children.

There were clearly lots of groups of friends in the BBE. Mind you I can see the regulars enjoying that smile.gif

And so they should at Ewood ....and not just in designated areas - in ALL areas .

349078[/snapback]

Noooooooo

I refuse to sit in kid a quid areas, why should i pay £20 for a ticket only to have my enjoyment spoilt by some little hosenscheisser who doesnt actually care about the game, just wants to get as much attention as possible? Whats worse is knowing that their identical seat cost them just a quid.

I understand the marketing principles behind the scheme HOWEVER i also believe that the best way to get good support in that will lift the team is to have NO concession tickets available in the BBE, and allow people to 'get away' with much more in this area - e.g standing, drinking beer (god forbid), swearing - all typical traits of a football audience imo. This is the case in many European countries - and i have never experienced an atmosphere like watching Bayern at any ground in England, especially not Ewood, and the way to make the ground more attractive is not by filling it up with kids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.