BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

The foul count was pretty even and Ronaldo should have walked for the premeditated elbow smash into Gray's face so no Manc complaints on that front either.

349783[/snapback]

Thanks for reminding me. Surely had Mickey Gray smashed his elbow into Ronaldo's face he'd be up on an FA charge by now. Not that I'm insinuating that there's one rule for one and one for another.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking along the same lines last night.

If we had lost the game with Ronaldo being a contributing factor then I feel sure Hughes would have at least slyly brought it up. If you kick up a fuss then people eventually listen. This has worked against us recently - many opposing managers have mentioned misdemeanours and our style of play and this has gotten us into trouble.

If the situations had been reversed, I'm certain RFW would have made a complaint. It actually pleases me that Hughes has let it go (seemingly) but the result of this is that it will simply disappear rather than get us credit for not trying to drop other players into hot water.

There's a difference between the Todd headbutt and the Ronaldo elbow - Todd's was stupid, deliberate and off the ball. Ronaldo's looked deliberate too but there is more room for doubt as he tried to shake Gray off. He was also punished during the game for it so I believe the rules stipulate that it's out of the jurisdiction of the FA.

Having won I feel very comfortable taking the moral high ground and just ignoring it. However, it would be very funny for United to be hauled up and Ronaldo banned for trying to bully little Blackburn.

i did

i also tried the, i`m half american line too

they werent having none of it though mad.gif

349704[/snapback]

You should have at least bloody tried arguin instead of basically walking out the ground for them!

my old man said he saw you get turfed out

Thanks for reminding me. Surely had Mickey Gray smashed his elbow into Ronaldo's face he'd be up on an FA charge by now. Not that I'm insinuating that there's one rule for one and one for another.

349791[/snapback]

quite right, todd was charged quicker than you could say hello for his headbutt against andy reid

however no whiff of a charge against little diver ronaldo

I've been waiting just over 8 years to see Blackburn win at Old Trafford which is no comparison to those who have waited the last 43 years I suppose. I just wish Jack was there to see it.

I wasn't feeling particularly excited before the fixture. Shows there must be something wrong when you aren't excited on the day we play our biggest rivals. In my ninth season supporting BRFC I must admit that I haven't been excited at the beginning of last season or this which is in stark contrast to the previous 7 all of which I had positive hopes for.

I'm pleased to say one result has turned those negative feelings into something positive again. For the first time since 2003 (with occasional exceptions) I'm genuinely excited to be going to Ewood this weekend.

A good run of results could also see an increase in half season ticket sales. I've had a season ticket for the last 3 seasons prior to this one but I wasn't fully convinced with Mark's prediction of an exciting season. My worst fear isn't relegation finishing in the bottom half is.

I've attended a couple of home matches this season and will continue to attend on a match to match basis until half season tickets go on sale. If Rovers are looking a decent proposition for a top half finish (as is the club's aim) I will certainly be subscribing to one.

Judging by this morning's press coverage, Rovers blew the roof off Old Trafford and ended the Ferguson era on Saturday.

349775[/snapback]

Feels great as well dosen't it?

I certainly don't agree with the booing of Alex Ferguson however although I'm hardly his biggest fan. Man United fans have a reputation for being glory seekers and rightly so. Looks like they have a reputation for being the most ungrateful now as well. Blackburn's win there was long overdue anyway judging by the amount of times BRFC have been screwed at Old Trafford since the start of the Premier League.

Hopefully Benfica can make it even worse for them later this evening. I believe that street thug is suspended which hardly helps their cause.

Edited by JFT

rover.gif when the season closes we will have gianed our first 3 premiership points from old trafford,we must follow this up today with 3 pionts from the wba and this could inspire a top half finish.but it's far more exciting at the bottom,than the one horse race up top tinykit.gif

You 2 are nuts.  I just took another few looks at it.  He's reacting the same way we all did when Morty put the winner in against Burnley.  It was a great shot into a tight spot from a tough angle.  Under those circumstances, in that stadium; we'd all be reacting the same way. 

Funny side note; I was screaming so loud (basically a large amount of expletives directed towards ManU players and supporters in the stands) yesterday morning (it was morning here in the US of course) after Morty's second goal that I didn't notice the ManU leaning idiot in the summarizer's chair suggest that it might have been offside.  What a joke.

Pound sand ManU.

biggrin.gif

349472[/snapback]

Mickey today on Radio Rovers: "I thought it hit the side netting."

Oh well. Flopsy & thenodrog, you guys were right and I was wrong. Let's hope we have something silly like that to discuss every week.

Mickey today on Radio Rovers: "I thought it hit the side netting." 

Oh well.  Flopsy & thenodrog, you guys were right and I was wrong.  Let's hope we have something silly like that to discuss every week.

350578[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.