Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chucked out first for that.

Friedel made a save with his feet early on in the second half, so I held the USA flag and chanted with everyone else, Friedel, Friedel etc.

A Policewoman said to me, I want a word, which I agreed to. She told the steward, who took me downstairs then outside.

He told me why, I gave him my point of view, apparently I had been warned about the flag earlier, which I hadn't.

slater_scott was thrown out for exactly the same, he wasn't there when I was thrown out.

Outside, I talked to the head steward there I think that's who he was, had a good laugh with him outside.

349294[/snapback]

Funny they aren't as tough on the city fans who sing about Munich? Jeez

What a day i'm still buzzing now and will bouncing around the office tomorrow. Full credit to Hughes for the way the team played, it was a pleasure to watch and I really enjoyed it. We fully deserved that and even most of the United fans have admitted as much. Played some great football and created lots of decent chances that is how we won Waggy. Such a great day all round still can't believe it.

Amazing result and I was shocked to see both Tugay and Dickov starting in what looked like an offensive 4-4-2.

I hope we play with two strikers every week as Bellamy's best came out in that formation. He laid off some good balls into the middle for Dickov or the incoming midfielder.

Overall, everyone has said it all, so I dont need to say it again. Just delighted with the result. I just hope we can bring some consistency in now. Too many times over the past 2 seasons, we have followed up a brilliant performance and result with a mediocre one against a less able team.

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes said. "A lot of people have been too quick to criticise us. Perhaps after this performance, they'll give us a bit more credit."

Wrong Mark from the reports that I've read this morning it was MU who lost the game not us who won it. mad.gif

Edited by thenodrog

QUOTE(Rover4ever @ Sep 24 2005, 13:56 )

Did anyone notice Gray's reaction when MGP's shot hits the net for the 2nd?

The way he clutches his head, one would think that he just scored an own goal

I honestly think he was going: "Oh my God! What a shot!"

Wow.

I've watched it twice now and imo Gray's first thought was that MGP had hit the side netting. rover.gif

Edited by thenodrog

I saw some of Friedels post-match comments and he was responding to the criticism of the 4-5-1 formation saying that Bellamy's injury had forced their hand and it seemed as if that now Bellamy is fit we could be reverting to the 4-4-2 on a permanent basis.

Well it was a combination of both. United did lose the game but we had some good clearcut chances and could have scored more earlier in the game. Our passing was good and we showed ambition at Old Trafford and we posed a threat on counter-attacks all throughout.

Too many times in the past, after a performance like that against United, we either drew or lost. Last seasons 94th minute equalizer comes to mind. This was payback.

"We hoped to break quickly and exploit the gaps they might leave." Blackburn manager Mark Hughes said. "A lot of people have been too quick to criticise us. Perhaps after this performance, they'll give us a bit more credit."

Wrong Mark from the reports that I've read this morning it was MU who lost the game not us who won it. mad.gif

349309[/snapback]

The three wise men on Sky this morning on Jimmy Hills show discussed yesterdays games and had a long conversation about United without mentioning Blackburn Rovers once!

It was all "whats gone wrong at OT".

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Had a lovely dream last night. My little club, purveyors of 4-5-1 and boring football, 'guests' in the premiership following the heavy spending of a doting millionaire, were offered the chance to play the biggest club in the world.

The biggest club in the world, managed by Satan, with fans all over the known world, even Manchester - England, agreed to the game and the stage was set. Out they came that Saturday afternoon, clad in blue and white, blinking in the bright sunshine and 70,000 strong din of a prawn fuelled mob.

Lovely things dreams. In them you can experience your team playing attacking football. Players with pace pride and aggression.

You can experience a free a low, curving free kick beating all the defenders and dropping into the far corner.

You can experience so called superstars failing to hit the target again, and again, and again.

You can experience so called superstars throwing themselves to the floor in a vain attempt to win penalties, the ref ignoring them again and again.

In dreams your team won't give up even when the evil empire equalise.

Your team then score the winner, almost breaking the back of the net, and silencing the barbarian hoard.

As if this was too fanciful an image, the devil himself turns into some jovial smiling little scotsman, telling the reporters that your team played well and had more chances than his team.

Bought the paper later and sank to my knees... Christ.. it really happened.

watched the full match on football first yesterday, and i thought it proved how important Savage is to our team. He surely does more running that anyone on the pitch and it IS effective! He gives nobody any time on the ball and keeps the moral up with the players if things are going badly(ie.when united equalised). IMO, he would look even better if he had a player with real attacking class next to him in the middle.

ps.  why did the Rovers kid with the Stars and Stripes get chucked out?  Was he being sent to the Boardroom?

349289[/snapback]

aye , i wish

missed the whole bloody second half, absolutly devastated.

i`ll be writing letters to both clubs

it was racism, i bet my life they wouldnt kick me out for having a slovakia flag for gresko

but because it was for friedel.......

aye , i wish

missed the whole bloody second half, absolutly devastated.

i`ll be writing letters to both clubs

it was racism, i bet my life they wouldnt kick me out for having a slovakia flag for gresko

but because it was for friedel.......

349334[/snapback]

Discrimination rather than racism...though they might want it I don't think as of yet Americans have been made into a race.

Amazingly idiotic though, you should certainly at least get a refund for the match ticket, though that should come from United rather than Rovers.

Amazingly idiotic though, you should certainly at least get a refund for the match ticket, though that should come from United rather than Rovers.

349336[/snapback]

I'm not going to bother complaining.

It won't get us anywhere.

I did what I was told when I had to, so I'll just leave it.

The three wise men on Sky this morning on Jimmy Hills show discussed yesterdays games and had a long conversation about United without mentioning Blackburn Rovers once!

It was all "whats gone wrong at OT".

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

349325[/snapback]

Here's another one

from football365

which is so United-centric it could have been written by RFW.

But it isn't going to spoil my weekend

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.