SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 4-4-2 wasnt responsible for the win,agreed,but it gave us a more attackin option today and it worked,rather than 4-5-1 for the stalemate draw,by the way the previous games were we have not favoured well with the 4-4-2 is that theres been some of the games at ot were we have been blatently robbed

the 4-4-2 wasnt responsible for the win,agreed,but it gave us a more attackin option today and it worked,rather than 4-5-1 for the stalemate draw,by the way the previous games were we have not favoured well with the 4-4-2 is that theres been some of the games at ot were we have been blatently robbed

349176[/snapback]

A stroke of genius, agreed, especially with Neville and Heinze out which weakened their defence considerably, making more emphasis on attack a good option.

Some stats...

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by James No. 7

CELEBRATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA

ROVERS MAKE ME LOSE $$$$$$$$, HAVE TO TREAT MY BUDDIES TO BEER

BUT WHO CARES

its indeed the theatre of nightmare, not for blackburn , but for MANU.

i must say GRAY really worth mentioning today, also bellamy! of course our hero MGP....... 1 lucky shot 1 marvellous shot....

its been quite some time since i last enjoyed a ROVERS game! simply EXCEPTIONAL results!!! EXCELLENT

Don't often get the chance to watch the Rovers but because of Park Ji-sung, saw the game.

Proud, very proud. The Korean press were saying this morning about how this game was Park's best chance to score his first goal - 'weak team, weak defence' they said.

Should have had a couple by half-time but played really well

All this talk of formations in the press this week is making me laugh, this is probably one of four or five fixtures out of the 38 where 90% of Rovers fans would advocate playing 4-5-1 with the Axe.

Negative tactics maybe but realistic, the only chance to beat them will be to frustrate them into making a mistake.

Will go one of two ways...... hold out resiliently and go down to a Rooney 89th minute header or we will get spanked from the KO. Sorry cant see a Rovers win no matter how hard I try.

348974[/snapback]

I'll get my coat. blink.gif

Woohoo brilliant fantastic- pub full of Mancs (who never thought they were going to win- Mancs toothless this year) SWEET tongue.gifrover.gif

Seriously though, Christina thoroughly warranted Gamst's full-on boot in the face- had a Rover viciously elbowed the way Christina stuck one on Gray, he'd have been straight red instead of the pansy yellow Christina got given. So Christina's face should have been in the showers instead of on the pitch for Gamst to get his own back with a richly deserved kicking.

Sav's fifth yellow wasn't merited either- clean claim of a ball there to be won but the theatrical lunge at it obviously sold the ref a dummy.

Well done Sparky all faith restored and boy did he look calm at the end (but he couldn't hide the smile altogether). 4-4-2 with Tugay one of the midfield 4 looked, to say the least, suicidal. But Sparky had obviously worked out the Mancs were there for the taking and take them we did. The stats are pretty good- we had 7-6 shots on target in our favour at the end of the first half and whilst the Mancs probably shaded the second half, it was no procession.

Gamst- two very good strikes- and he played a full 90 minutes with passion and presence- let's have more of the same.

So on the day Chelski wrapped up the Prem title (Villa on the other TV screen really gave them a going over at Stamford Bridge- if ever Chelsea were going to slip up, it was in a game like today), how sweet for Scholes to start repaying his debt to Rovers. Another 4 or 5 results like today and I'll call it all square with the Mancs.

PS I hope waggy enjoyed watching fucum.

Edited by philipl

well said krislu. a truely great moment for a blackburn rovers fans....although insaying that this performance tells us all that we have what it takes to be in the top half all the time. give great dredit to sparky for having the balls to play an attacking game away at united...i am surprised that we got a victory today, but it didn't suprise me in a way because i know what this team is capable of and it seems that the players don't always realise it. i just hope that this gives us a kick-start to our season.

1962 I think people have said.

Great result. Now we really have to do the same to Chelsea though.

349191[/snapback]

We've broken all the away jinxes now! (Just wait til Luton get promoted- we've never won at Kenilworth Road!).

Eddie, I won't say we will win at the Bridge but judging by the fright Villa gave Chelsea today, it might happen....

This Manc - loving BBC report on the game really is a pile of ignorant garbage.

Sky has a much more balanced report- look at the shots on target statistics. Edwin (sic) was a busy boy.

I was referring to clubs. There's a whole bunch of squeaky new grounds and ex=non league places we have never won at (and some we hope we never will have to in the league!)

Edited by philipl

Listened in on Radio Lancs and we created a number of chances and I have waited a long time for this result after a number of dreadful decisions there in the past.

And 16/1 on mgp and a quid on the double with 2.1 pays 250/1. Happy Days!

Think I will even be in work early on Monday ready for all those plastic mancs

This Manc - loving BBC report on the game really is a pile of ignorant garbage.

Sky has a much more balanced report- look at the shots on target statistics. Edwin (sic) was a busy boy.

I was referring to clubs. There's a whole bunch of squeaky new grounds and ex=non league places we have never won at (and some we hope we never will have to in the league!)

349197[/snapback]

I understand now smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.