SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an amazing effort, and an amazing outcome...I almost $%^ my pants when Pedersen scored that second goal. Now I am in so much shock and joy, my brother is getting a call (he is a manure fan)!

Dicov and Bellamy up front was what I've been waiting for since Cole left!

i couldn't believe the scoreline. but the mistake by scholes really help us. of cos, MGP took his chance really well.

we can draw to bolton away, newcastle home yet beat manure 2-1 at old trafford. don't know how to bet for blackburn in the future. rolleyes.gif

Edited by emglch

On another day we might very well have got a good whipping. One game doesn't make the 4-4-2 valid.

349162[/snapback]

What @#/?. United were the ones lucky to avoid a whipping, we should have been three up at half time.

This one I think has to be chalked up to Hughes. He had us all fooled thinking 4-5-1 for sure, leaving United's pre-game preparations in tatters. His substitutions were sound, and even after they scored I felt we could get another by having Bellamy and MGP on the field. We were positive for 90 mins, I have never seen our fullbacks get into the opposition area so often away from home.

Well done Sparky

What @#/?.

FFS. All I was saying is that the 4-4-2 isn't responsible for the win. What has the 4-4-2 got us at Old Trafford in the last 60 years or however many times and years the 4-4-2 has been used there?

United were the ones lucky to avoid a whipping, we should have been three up at half time.

Aye. Did you not notice that I said "on another day", and not today?

WHAT A RESULT! ecstatic. i must have screamed so loud the next block heard me but fantastic result! when i saw the lineup, i thought hughes was trying to gift his former club three points. i said after the villa match that i never want tugay starting in an away game, and never did i expect to see gray as well. but who cares, i gladly eat my words.

tugay did well during his time on the pitch, picking his passes well, and didnt get caught out as he's prone to be. gray deserves a mention as well, bombed up the left so often (something we've grown to forget is part of a left back's role) and even got the assist for the winner. let's just hope its not a flash in the pan. bellamy looked great, and MGP took his chance fantastically.

at half time, i would have settled for a 1-1 draw, and on another day it might have been 3-3, but we rode our luck and held out; all credit to the boys. if i must complain, it must surely be... why didnt we play like this last wk! biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.