BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

Hmmm.... dry.gif

We're going to get spanked playing that formation, you can't 'have a go' against a team that can play football 10 times better than you and expect to get anything. T'Axe should have been protecting the back four in my opinion, especially considering the formation they play. Hopefully I'm wrong 

I'm glad I can point fingers & laugh. Brillant match & great for Rovers !!

Oh, and USABLUE: the weekend is almost perfect, just got to wait for my Giants to delivery the good vs. San Diego. smile.gif

Well done, the Rovers !!!!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic result! Grinning from ear to ear!

Had fallen asleep listening to the West Ham v Arsenal game and must be conditioned to listen out for Rovers, 'cos I woke up a fraction of a second before 5 live went across to Old Trafford.

Had a few celebratory drinks to honour this one - superb! biggrin.giftinykit.gif

I heard a "****" (name withheld to avoid possible detection!) from Edinburgh on and Eamon pretending that the line was faulty.  What a wag!. 

Oh, how sweet.  Almost as sweet as having a muffin during the match...

349216[/snapback]

I think he cut me off after I told him we were going to stuff them as we did last year at OT. Still didn't expect that result though. I'll try and retrive his number so everyonre can phone him next Saturday.

Brilliant stuff. Rovers. I said that we had missed Dickov and bellamy playing together. Gray was given a great press on sky so well done to him. I was there in 1962 a night match and Douglas was the star man; looks like Bellamy is the new hero.

349194[/snapback]

Sorry Tony you must be thinking of another game, the 3-0 game at Old Trafford was on a Saturday. I can still see Mick McGrath opening the scoring now, Douglas absolutely played them off the park but unfortunately missed a penalty that would have made it 4-0, we also played the last twenty minutes effectively down to ten men with Lawther limping on the wing.Happy days.

Shearer, Sutton, McKinley, Gallagher, Berg, Flowers, Hendry, Garner and co

over the years this fixture has been littered with misjustices against little old Blackburn Rovers, especially at the theatre of wet dreams and the rfw.

Today was payback for all the cheating, the whingeing, the lack of humility, the refusal to acknowledge another team that played better on the park, the declination of rfw refusing to praise opposition, the monotonous refusal of supporters to obey ground regulations, the permanent smug grin of scumchester supports and so on........

Rovers fully deserved the win, our supporters who were there and tose of us at work or listening on the radio, watching dodgy satellite or whatever, our team deserved it.

$$$$ the red scum, they lost.

Now then how long is this run against them going to last ? tinykit.giftongue.gif

Did anyone notice Gray's reaction when MGP's shot hits the net for the 2nd?

The way he clutches his head, one would think that he just scored an own goal  biggrin.gif

349209[/snapback]

I honestly think he was going: "Oh my God! What a shot!" ohmy.gif

Wow.

The best $20 I ever spent on a pay-per-view.

Followed by the craziest Penn State game in at least 5 years.

And the result that matters most tomorrow people is Steelers over Patriots.

biggrin.gif

over the years this fixture has been littered with misjustices against little old Blackburn Rovers, especially at the theatre of wet dreams and the rfw.

Today was payback for all the cheating, the whingeing, the lack of humility, the refusal to acknowledge another team that played better on the park, the declination of rfw refusing to praise opposition, the monotonous refusal of supporters to obey ground regulations, the permanent smug grin of scumchester supports and so on........

Rovers fully deserved the win, our supporters who were there and tose of us at work or listening on the radio, watching dodgy satellite or whatever, our team deserved it.

Now then how long is this run against them going to last ? tinykit.gif  tongue.gif

349264[/snapback]

No AS, that is beautiful.

wink.gifsmile.gif

Now then how long is this run against them going to last ? tinykit.gif  tongue.gif

349264[/snapback]

Spot on 1864 ... I'll drink to that.

When was the last time we scored from a free kick?

And why wasn't there more added time at the end until they got awarded some shonky spot kick? laugh.gif

Brilliant!

Can anybody give any ratings for the game?

I was unable to get to the game but would like to hear a Rovers fan's opinion as most of the websites I've been on focus on either MGP or Manchester United's poor finishing.

Cheers Rog

349272[/snapback]

Brad - 6 - at fault for the goal, but decent the rest of the match. A couple of good saves and had a couple of the misses well covered

Lucas - 5 - taken to school by Ronaldo. By far his worst match of the season (and I'm a fan).

Zurab - 6 - shaky in the first half, became more solid as the match went along

Nelsen - 7 - solid

Gray - 8 - steady, good attacking and heads up play for the goal

Bentley - 6 - caused a few problems, but mostly anonymous

Savage - 7 - as usual, not great distribution, but good defensive help

Tugay - 7 - good passing, the long passes have been good in opening up play, as seen in the first goal

MGP - 8 - 2 great goals, caused some problems

Dickov - 7 - caused problems, but lacked finishing touch

Bellamy - 8 - showed hope of things to come if he's used in the right formation

Subs:

Mokoena - 7 - pretty solid

Emerton - 6 - not much to do

Reid - 7 - some good runs

rover.gif if it means we beat big utd i will go and watch fcum every season when this fixture comes round.watched the full 90 mins on football first and how we won i will never know.BUT WE DID BIG UTD 1 V 2 ROVERS,get in there you beauties,after all those robberies at gold trafford over the years,we win.thought the admiral was magnificent,in fact they all were. tinykit.gif

What a laugh walking from OT after the game. What lovely sad miserable faces.

Two American Manc fans behind me (this is true):

no1. Those Rovers fans really love us Americans chanting "USA USA USA"

no2. Maybe they were being ironic

no1. What does that mean? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

ps. why did the Rovers kid with the Stars and Stripes get chucked out? Was he being sent to the Boardroom?

ps.  why did the Rovers kid with the Stars and Stripes get chucked out?  Was he being sent to the Boardroom?

349289[/snapback]

I was chucked out first for that.

Friedel made a save with his feet early on in the second half, so I held the USA flag and chanted with everyone else, Friedel, Friedel etc.

A Policewoman said to me, I want a word, which I agreed to. She told the steward, who took me downstairs then outside.

He told me why, I gave him my point of view, apparently I had been warned about the flag earlier, which I hadn't.

slater_scott was thrown out for exactly the same, he wasn't there when I was thrown out.

Outside, I talked to the head steward there I think that's who he was, had a good laugh with him outside.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.