BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sick

sambo

ID like to say the taunting cisse endured at the game wasnt on. cisse hows your leg?he nearly lost it for gods sake. it was cruel and probaly made him more hungry. i wasnt there but read it in the papers and felt shocked. he said it helped him. so those who chanted it, your grown men and im a 13 year old boy yet i am more grown up than you. dont tarnish the name of our great club. sorry for going on but it had to be said

ps were there a lot of rovers fans there??

Edited by sambo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for crying out loud, why are we still going on about this? Its not that big a deal ffs, and Cisse was quoted as saying 'i thought they said, hows your glass leg' We didnt we sang 'hows your leg'. Yes in an ideal world it wouldnt happen but lets not go ott about it. After all l'pool fans sing about Munich, so id have thought that a chant like that, harmless in comparison, wouldnt bother them too much.

We had a 1,900 sell out.

P.S if Cisse wasnt motivated to score without those chants then l'pool fans are getting conned outa a hellova lot of money.

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Who cares? These type of chants are part and parcel of football, deal with it or wear earplugs.

353904[/snapback]

They most certainly are not. Just in the same way that chants about Souness dying that were referred to a few weeks ago are not or for example chants about Munich 58.

The best thing that can happen when a moronic chant like that comes up in future is for the majority of decent Rovers fans who actually have more than one brain cell to drown out the offending chants with a chorus of booing.

1.i werent alive in the 80s

2.i wasnt there so im not 100%

3. his whole career could have ended and he was mocked.

4.our clubs being dragged into the gutter

5.the f.a are going to hate us more

we should be praising him on his recovery. he did well to come back. and did you see the break.horrible

I think two things are pretty clear:

A significant number of Rovers fans were upset by the chant.

A dispirited player playing badly suddenly got remotivated when the chants percolated through and scored against us.

353933[/snapback]

The 2nd point is absoulte crap. If its true, then liverpool fans are getting seriously ripped off. I dont think rafa would be to happy either, if it takes that for him to score!

says you

burburry boy

Its a game mocking serious injury is pathetic and to be honest not something that most Rovers fans want, sod off and go and support a team that would love your brand of "support"

Burnley springs to mind

Care to speak english chavster

353936[/snapback]

How ironic. This quote from a person who begins a sentence with "These type of chants...".

Hats off to you, Sambo, for taking a stand. Football fans have a fairly shoddy reputation for their unsporting attitude and in recent years our own club has been brought to nationwide attention for the disgraceful deportment of some of our so-called supporters. The whole Dwight Yorke/ racist jibes incident was a notable example.

For the most part, I think Rovers fans have a generally good reputation, but there are always a few morons who are keen to flaunt their trogodyte heritage by inane and infantile taunting of the opposition. Having read this thread (and others) I rather fancy that a few of them are among us.

Now I have nothing against a bit of banter with opposition fans and players, but baiting a man over an injury that not only threatened his career but could have resulted in him being an amputee leaves a rather bitter taste. I would have thought that if people sought to wind up Cisse they might choose to laugh at his rather ridiculous hair.

Let's leave the offensive and, frankly, sick chanting and taunting to others. We ought to be above all that.

What's done is done. A variety of clubs chant about the Munich air disaster, Hillsbrough, Leeds fans killed in Turkey.

It's not at all pleasant but peopled do it. Rovers fans who did it, aren't the first and certainly won't be the last.

353962[/snapback]

Very true. But does it make it right, or funny, or clever? And how does it give us Rovers' fans the right to perpetuate bad taste.

Seems to me that it's not just the players who've gone soft.

I wonder how long it will be before it will be a criminal offence to hurt someones feelings.

Jesus, there would have been uproar if they'd included the word ' black ' somewhere.

Get a grip, life's cruel. It's time you lot learned the rhyme ' Sticks and stones '

If the chant motivated him perhaps the Kop can take it up. Rafa will be happy if he scores more and Cisse won't be whining anymore.

Not a nice chant but I've heard worse and I am glad McKevely is no longer in our team, likely would have upset him more.

I did not hear it on the telly, nor did the commentators make reference to it.

Let's move on. Brum this weekend and Dunny. Should we have a list on here of acceptable and upsetting chants so everyone knows before the game what is and is not acceptable.

What a sorry state this messageboard is in. This thread just serves to highlight the complete lack of intelligence and morality that seems to have infected the board over the last year or so.

Apparently, because I object to our fans singing songs about breaking players' legs I'm soft. Apparently, because other fans sing other moronic songs there's no problem if our fans do. And apparently, because you couldn't hear it on the commentary in America there's not a problem.

I regularly go to away games and I don't want to get associated with numpties who think it's cool to sing songs about broken legs, and then make monkey noises if the player in question has the cheek to score. Unfortunately though it seems I don't have a choice, as most of our fans can't even see the problem. Well, I guess I do have a choice - the choice is that I don't have to go, but why should I be put off by a bunch of d!ckheads who haven't got an ounce of common sense.

Sadly, we all get tarred with the same brush. Anyone who was at the game doesn't just think a few Rovers fans are sick @#/?s - they think we all are. And no doubt there'll be a different chant at the next away game, and the next one, because nobody seems that arsed. Eventually the whole country will start to think that Rovers fans are scum.

Saturday wasn't an isolated incident. It's the same bunch of arsewipes who turn up at every away game who cause these sort of problems. They probably revel in the attention the chants are getting and would like nothing better than for Rovers fans to gain a reputation. In the meantime, a lot of the decent fans will just stop going.

But of course I'm over-reacting. There isn't a problem.

Edited by Scotty

What a sorry state this messageboard is in.  This thread just serves to highlight the complete lack of intelligence and morality that seems to have infected the board over the last year or so.

353972[/snapback]

Ok everyone who signed up in the last year leave now Scotty doesn't like a more inclusive message board.

Apparently, because I object to our fans singing songs about breaking players' legs I'm soft.  Apparently, because other fans sing other moronic songs there's no problem if our fans do.  And apparently, because you couldn't hear it on the commentary in America there's not a problem.

353972[/snapback]

Your entitled to your opinion just like EVERYONE else, try not to be so bat and ball about it.

I regularly go to away games and I don't want to get associated with numpties who think it's cool to sing songs about broken legs, and then make monkey noises if the player in question has the cheek to score.

353972[/snapback]

Stand up speak out

Sadly, we all get tarred with the same brush.  Anyone who was at the game doesn't just think a few Rovers fans are sick @#/?s - they think we all are.  And no doubt there'll be a different chant at the next away game, and the next one, because nobody seems that arsed.  Eventually the whole country will start to think that Rovers fans are scum.

353972[/snapback]

Does the world think we all make monkey chants - people around football realise that some unsavory elements follow the game as well as some happy clapping range rover types. Its a case of having some tolerance for me, I don’t get to hand pick who follows my team. Although I think monkey chants are in a different league to an injury wind up (just remember it all ended happily he kept his leg, he DIDN'T lose it - now that would be sick and you would have a greater consensus on the board).

Saturday wasn't an isolated incident.  It's the same bunch of arsewipes who turn up at every away game who cause these sort of problems.  They probably revel in the attention the chants are getting and would like nothing better than for Rovers fans to gain a reputation.  In the meantime, a lot of the decent fans will just stop going.

353972[/snapback]

Sounds like a job for BRISA, it could be used to run the chavs out of the away following perhaps? After all they are not OUR sort are they?

I don’t want to antagonize I just think people are entitled to express an opinion without been called "infections", "unintelligent" or "immoral" just because that opinion varies from yours.

Unbounded morality ultimately becomes counterproductive even in terms of the same moral principles being sought. The law of diminishing returns applies to morality. - Thomas Sowell

Edited by OscarRaven

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.