BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Leeds 0

It would be ace to see if Jansen and Bellamy could play together, and Bellamy bringing the best out of Matt. I reckon it would scare the sluggish lookin Leeds back four. BTW anyone coming tonight I suggest umbrellas, sowesters and swimming goggles-it`s fair lashing it down outside.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wonder if he'll start with Jansen and Bellamy though. This could be the sort of game for Matty to make his mark.

Oooo  now that's a potentially mouth watering prospect philip............

355818[/snapback]

Agreed, If Jansen doesnt get a run out tonight ahead of Dickov, then I suspect the door is open for his exit in January.

I'm currently at York University. Does anyone know of any local radio station that covers Leeds' matches and will therefore be covering this match?

355653[/snapback]

Well I can get Radio York from Leeds so no reason why you cant get Radio Leeds over in York.

Well I can get Radio York from Leeds so no reason why you cant get Radio Leeds over in York.

355853[/snapback]

You should be able to get radio aire fm 96.3 in york, I think they do commentary for all leeds matches.

come on rovers, lets stuff em

1-1 after 90 minutes with a winning goal in extra time.

I can see Hughes resting our better players and getting punished for it when we have to bring them on anyway.

This isn't a bad Leeds side and we need to respect them.

I would play the following team:

Friedel

Neill / Zurab / Todd / Gresko

Thompson / Tugay / Mokoena / Pedersen

Jansen / Kuqi

Gresko is still injured and Hughes has said he's going to play Bellamy to increase his match fitness.

The crowd might not be big but the Rovers contingent are going to be in good voice.

According to the Leeds web site, both Hulse and Healy are carrying painful injuries and Blackwell is going to rest a few players as well.

So it will be a warm Ewood welcome to dingle duo Blake and Moore! tongue.gif

Edited by philipl

Ive read the comments by Blackwell on the Leeds site and it seems like they might rest some of their first team players. We should have enough to beat their first team anyway, let alone a half first/reserve team they will put out. Should be a reasonbly strong team from us and i will predict a 3-0 win. My team would be:-

Enks

Neill Todd Illegal Gray

Reid Thommo Savage Emerton

Bellamy Jansen

Just two changes.

Brett in for Bentley and Todd for Nelsen.

Jansen is back on the bench though next to Bellamy, Axe, Encks, and Bentley.

We are really going for it I guess. Its good to see. Hopefully Jansen and Bellers get a good run out of around 30 minutes too.

No Thommo is a surprise and no Reid in the 16.

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill, Todd, Khizanishvili, Gray, Emerton, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Dickov, Kuqi.

Subs: Enckelman, Bellamy, Mokoena, Jansen, Bentley.

As bobby said, no reid. Why is that, he should be given a run as he didn't play against brum either! Would rather see Reid in the squad than Bentley as he has done pretty much nothing since he came...

Edited by krislu

1-0 Emerton tongue.gifwink.gif

edit, goal from Rovers World:

60:05 Goal by Brett Emerton(Blackburn) right-footed (bottom-right of goal) from right side of penalty area (12 yards).Blackburn 1-0 Leeds. Assist (pass) by Craig Bellamy(Blackburn) from right channel.

Edited by modes98

YES.

Delighted that Bert has scored. I think being dropped might have finally knocked some urgency into him.

Even better that Bellamy gave the assist. He can be really really influential for us this season with his pace and bringing people into the game.

Now only if Jansen can come on to score.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.