BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Leeds 0

No match preview for this one?

Anyway, looking forward to what promises to be an entertaining game,Leeds should provide stiffer oppostion than the Terriers but if Hughes plays with a strong side we should have enough ammo to gun the Yorkies down.Healy could prove a handful for Rovers at the back,and Robbie Blake the ex-Dingle should recieve the customary warm welcome!

Quite an eye opener to see that Leeds home crowds have dropped by some 20,000 per game since they took the drop but increased ticket prices seem to be the main cause there.

Ticket prices are just £12 for Adults and £5 for kids...be there if you can!

Rovers 2 Leeds 0 ..... Dickov,Kuqi

Att: 12,500

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans and management seem to be overlooking this game with Chelsea looming on the horizon (well I haven't heard or read any quotes from Hughes about the challenge from Leeds) which makes me a little nervous.

This season's going to be a bit of a slog with mid-table mediocrity beckoning, imo, so it would be nice if we could put some gloss on it with good cup runs. Leeds should be no problem but if the players are distracted by the next Prem game, it could be a veritable banana skin. I expect a full-strength side with perhaps Tommo getting a run out.

Leeds are just another average team in an average Championship(although it's never been as strong since us,Fulham and Bolton went up)

My team(if only i could choose) to play dirty Leeds:

Friedel

Neill Todd Zura Taylor

Emerton Reid Bently Thompson

Bellamy Jansen

Rovers 2-0 Leeds

Thompson (22)

Bellamy (61)

ATT: 11,612

This will be a high scoring game. The Leeds defence is vulnerable and the midfield has weaknesses but we can be sure they will be playing out of their skins and that their rather useful forwards (Blake sub again) will be looking to enhance their reputation.

Our squad should be strong enough now to allow some rotation but what really matters is Hughes getting the lads into the right frame of mind. Ideal game for Kuqui and Bellamy to build an understanding and to have some fun whilst they are about it.

I'd rest Tugay and Dickov completely have Mokoena, Jansen, Tommo and Amo on the bench and play Bentley in the middle and Emerton out wide.

4-2 to the Rovers- quite possibly after extra time.

Incidentally, there is quality in the Championship. Where do you think all the British-born players who would have been perfectly good Div 1 players fifteen years ago are plying their trade now?

Edited by philipl

Leeds are just another average team in an average Championship(although it's never been as strong since us,Fulham and Bolton went up)

My team(if only i could choose) to play dirty Leeds:

Friedel

Neill  Todd  Zura  Taylor

Emerton Reid  Bently  Thompson

Bellamy Jansen

Rovers 2-0 Leeds

Thompson (22)

Bellamy (61)

ATT:  11,612

355625[/snapback]

greggy...have you been forward in time and read that almunac that belong to marty mcfly??.....chuffin eck get your self down to the bookies and some money put on it.

I'm currently at York University. Does anyone know of any local radio station that covers Leeds' matches and will therefore be covering this match?

355653[/snapback]

Think you get radio york wheras we get radio leeds....not that i would listen to either ph34r.gif

Leeds are in good form at the moment, so this game could prove to be tricky. And depends if Hughes goes with a strong squad or lets some of the fringe players play.

Of course I'm going to say a win for us, but it could be a close one.

We have so many decent reserve players it will be worth putting them out. Bellamy should only come off the bench- We cannot afford to have him, Pedersen or Savage injured. Bentley should be tried in the centre (either in midfield or up front) just to see what he can do, although I am not holding my breath

Kuqi    Bentley

Emerton    Reid              Thompson

Axe

Gray    Todd©  Zurab  Neill

Freidel

Subs: Bellamy, Enckleman, Matteo, Gresko/Dickov, Savage

We are going to need out players to work their socks off against Chelsea so maybe even Gray should be swapped for Matteo depending how fit Sparky thinks he is.

2-1 AET. Home advantage should see us through.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Think you get radio york wheras we get radio leeds....not that i would listen to either ph34r.gif

355656[/snapback]

Yeah, you'd get Radio York who may have it as when I was a tax-dodging student over there the place seemed to be full of Leeds fans...

Not sure if you'd pick up Radio Leeds though.. guess it depends on which part of York you're in.

Think we'll lose on pens.

The last time I checked it seemed unlikely we were going to win the Premiership this season. So doing well in this competition ( and the FA Cup) is vitally important to us.

Sod making changes for changes sake, field the strongest possible side and make changes after 60 minutes when we're three up. Although I don't think substituting Reid for Tugay say would be weakening us as such.

Without predicting a scoreline we should have enough to get through if we field our best side and approach the game in the proper manner.

I'd like to see us play a few of the fringe players, but nothing too risky. Leeds play at a high tempo but there's very little ball-playing quality in the midfield, I think we should be able to play a few fringe players and still win the game. Maybe something like...

Friedel

Zurab Todd Matteo Taylor

Thompson Savage Mokoena Emerton

Jansen Kuqi

Agreed Revidge. That's why I was leaving the experimentation (easing seasoned pros back from injury) to the bench.

Dickov is doubtful with a knock and I doubt Tugay will be given three full games in eight days so he's either going to sit this one out or be spared the Bridge.

Just wonder if he'll start with Jansen and Bellamy though. This could be the sort of game for Matty to make his mark.

Having read this Leeds preview and its description of Leeds' style as being to allow the opposition space up to 18 yards from goal, it sounds like the sort of game Tugay would really enjoy. Leeds fear extra time because of the huge game against Reading this week-end; this could be a cracker with two sides going all out for a win in normal time.

Edited by philipl

Prediction... Rovers 0 Leeds 1 Att: 10,034!!!

Just think with the backing of loud fans and the players desperate to make their mark against premiership opposition that Leeds will have too much fight for us.

355817[/snapback]

What a great first post.

Do come back soon. wink.gif

I think Enckelman might get a run out along with Thommo,Gresko, Jansen and maybe Andy Taylor...

However, team v Huddersfield was: Friedel ,Neill ,Khizanishvili ,Nelsen ,Gray (Mokoena ,84 ) ,Emerton (Pedersen ,71 ) ,Savage ,Tugay ,Bentley ,Dickov (Kuqi ,86 ) ,Bellamy

Subs not used: Reid,Enckelman,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.