SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-2 Everton

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I read that somewhere else...

Not surprised- there's certainly one camera angle which looks rather incriminating for Toddy.

Saves Hughes the difficult task of dropping Todd. Just hope that Nelsen and Zurab put the hours in to make sure they get back to best form together- it is quite a while since they had a run of games playing together as central defenders.

"Rovers have decided not to appeal against the red card given to Andy Todd during Saturday's match against Everton. He'll serve a 1 match ban vs. West Ham on Saturday."

365162[/snapback]

Can Rovers not give Todd a season long ban, then we might be a little bit more consistant.

And what do we do as a group of fans as soon as we find out Halsey is refereeing us again?

Cos if he really is from Bolton and not Crawshawbooth then he will get another one of the Derby matches.

Don't forget Mike Riley(supposedly from leeds) worked at Nelson & Colne College for 10 years!! And look what he did to us.

Anyone writing to Keith Hackett at the Premier League Referees...we need his e-mail address.

Got to say, after seeing the goals go into the Rovers net over the past couple of weeks Friedel, Gray and Nelsen have all had their cards marked through not doing their duties properly.

Put this with the fact we dont have a class striking partner for Bellamy, Pedersen and Emmerton both being hit and miss in the consistancy stakes it all leaves Mark Hughes with a challenging task but it is a good challenge as they are all good players.

Cant wait for the West Ham game, its going to be a good one because these players along with the coaching staff will all raise the bar because they are TOP professionals and West Ham will come and play an open game which will make for an exciting game.

What a load of fickle "fans" you lot are.

Player of the season for the last two years and because of one instance on Saturday where the ball brushed his hand [intentional or not, we don't know], you're all asking for him to dropped. God help us. mad.gif

To be honest, my second reaction after seeing one of the angles on Sunday was that there was a slight flick of the arm from Todd, slight but real.

I think the club has seen it now and Todd has let us down big-time.

365186[/snapback]

Dude I've been all for Zura coming back in etc...but Todd did not let us down on Saturday. He genuinely didnt know where the ball was and couldnt pull his arm away quick enough. Yes Beattie would have been through but Todd should not have been sent off.

Player of the season for the last two years and because of one instance on Saturday where the ball brushed his hand [intentional or not, we don't know], you're all asking for him to dropped. God help us. mad.gif

365191[/snapback]

Thats because another member of the squad on loan from Rangers has performed far better and has looked far better .

Todds hasnt just performed badly in just one game this season either, WQest Ham, Villa away, Spurs at home Todd headbutts an opponent plus more - its not being fickle the results and the red and yellow cards back it up.

365191[/snapback]

Isn't this his second red card of the season? If I remember correctly he got a 3 match ban for headbutting someone..

There are alot of players who have played well and then suddently started to play worse and worse..

Todd is a typical old fasion English centre half, no brains, no pace, no skill with the ball, just playes on his physique..

Edited by krislu

Thats because another member of the squad on loan from Rangers has performed far better and has looked far better .

Todds hasnt just performed badly in just one game this season either, WQest Ham, Villa away, Spurs at home Todd headbutts an opponent plus more - its not being fickle the results and the red and yellow cards back it up.

365196[/snapback]

The results were no better last season, in fact they were worse and so was his disciplinary record.

Todd's to blame for the results and more - more what?

He still won the player of the year twice - it's the same guy you know.

Isn't this his second red card of the season? If I remember correctly he got a 3 match ban for headbutting someone..

There are alot of players who have played well and then suddently started to play worse and worse..

Todd is a typical old fasion English centre half, no brains, no pace, no skill with the ball, just playes on his physique..

365197[/snapback]

Yes it's his second red card. One was for hand ball you want him dropped for that?

"Todd is a typical old fasion English centre half, no brains, no pace, no skill with the ball, just playes on his physique.."

You must be out of touch. He's been rovers best player for the last two years.

Great come back wink.gif

365202[/snapback]

You got to admit though that this season has been a poor one for Toddy. It doesn't really matter what he did last season when he continue to make silly mistakes this year.

Hopefully Zurab and Nelsen will manage to help us keeping a clean sheet in our next two games, which we should win..

I think Todd was very unlucky to say the least with his red card.

However, as far as I am concerned, Nelsen and Khizanishvili have been the two best centre halfs this season, so why they aren't the current automatic first choice pair, I have no idea.

You got to admit though that this season has been a poor one for Toddy. It doesn't really matter what he did last season when he continue to make silly mistakes this year.

Hopefully Zurab and Nelsen will manage to help us keeping a clean sheet in our next two games, which we should win..

365204[/snapback]

Do you want to expand on the "poor season" quote? Oh - and list the continuation of silly mistakes that you would drop him for.

Sorry Krislu, I think Todd has played as well as anyone else when he's been picked. I've got to ask, would he be getting this stick if he hadn't been sent off for a very dubious hand ball and rovers had gone on to beat Everton? I don't think so. Another overreaction.

I think Todd was very unlucky to say the least with his red card.

However, as far as I am concerned, Nelsen and Khizanishvili have been the two best centre halfs this season, so why they aren't the current automatic first choice pair, I have no idea.

365205[/snapback]

Nelsen and Khizanishvili have done well together. But why all the flak towards Todd who has been excellent for quite a while now? mad.gif

Why the flak? He stupidly handled the ball as last man and was rightly sent off. That is not to say that we all want him hung drawn and quartered. When he plays well he`s worth his place but you have to admit he is a loose cannon at times and Nelsen and Zurab to me look a good pairing. Toddy is something of a liability.

365197[/snapback]

You understand you're on an English board right? You couldn't be more offensive if you tried wink.gif

Why the flak? He stupidly handled the ball as last man and was rightly sent off.

365210[/snapback]

How can you be sent off for ball to hand?

Todd had no chance of getting his hand out of the way, it looks bad on the super slow motion but in real time it's just his body motion.

You know we are in the right when lawro defends toddy. However i do think todd might be causing more damage than good at the moment, give zurab a run out!

You understand you're on an English board right? You couldn't be more offensive if you tried wink.gif

365212[/snapback]

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I didn't mean to be. Todd, Keown, Peacock, Ruddock, Adams all in the same category, some better than others..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.