BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-2 Everton

Anorak time.

Law 12 states:

"A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

- uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

364942[/snapback]

And what a waste of space that particular law is! rolleyes.gif

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the doom mongers: Moyes' assessment of the Rovers.

"Outside the top three or four, Blackburn are playing as well as anyone in the Premiership and they gave us a hard time for the first 15 or 20 minutes,'' Moyes admitted.

364883[/snapback]

He got lucky yesterday,bl00dy well lucky and dont he know it!! dry.gif

Yesterday, I thought it was ball to hand and MOTD highlights would suggest ball to hand. But as Paul states if it had been the other way round by an Everton player my thoughts would clearly be different. wink.gif

Everyone will have their own opinion and that what makes the game so enjoyable.

However, I cant see how certain people were so ready to be so critical of Todd. Maybe if he'd elbowed Beattie fair enough, but it was a hand ball (ball to hand)for petes sake.

Whatever the arguments of the sending off it ruined the game and thoseRovers' supporters who paid to see 90 minutes of football were cheated. I'm not convinced it was deliberate handball but given the Halsey himself 'did not see' the incident a yellow should have sufficed. As would certainly have been given had the situation been on the other boot as it were.

Looking at the stats, Everton committed twice the number of fouls as did Rovers - some quite nasty - but what did they get? One yellow card. And I'm still angry about Pedersen being punched in the stomach, that should have been a straight red, but of course Halsey 'didn't see it'. However, the fourth official did, it was right in front of him, yet I don't suppose it will be mentioned. mad.gif

It's worrying that we are reported to have "played well" in our last two league games yet have lost on aggregate 5-0.

Teams "playing well" but losing usually end up in the relegation zone.

364950[/snapback]

first time I've heard of a team playing well, going down?!!

Surely you are aware of the reasons why we did lose these two games?

Reading through various observations the main incident was :-

Hand to ball and deliberate

Ball to open palm/hand and not deliberate

Ball to arm and not deliberate

Others have said a red card but not stated why

More others have said not a red card but not stated why

If this had happened in Rugby League the ref (after not having clearly seen the incident as in Halsey's case) would have stopped the game and asked the video ref for his view. After probably three or four playbacks and say 2 or 3 minutes the correct decision of not being sent off would have been reached.

Rovers would possibly have got something from the game and folk would not have been cheated of their hard earned money. The game was effectively over after half an hour.

It's all well and good the red card being rescinded if Rovers decide to appeal but they don't rescind the result do they? It's on the day when the correct decision should be made.

What price technology and progress eh?

A simply unacceptable result and performance. When was the last time James McFadden scored? When was the last time Everton scored more than one in a league match? Not this season anyway. Never worry, welcome to Ewood.

Disgusting.

364953[/snapback]

Thats well over the top. Were you there?

Surely you are aware of the reasons why we did lose these two games?

364952[/snapback]

Yup, a leaky defence and an inability to score goals = lost matches.

Very odd phenomenon.

"Playing well" + losing >> declining confidence >> lack of ambition >> poor form >> more defeats = relegation.

Seen it many times dear boy.

Rovers would possibly have got something from the game and folk would not have been cheated of their hard earned money. The game was effectively over after half an hour.

364956[/snapback]

And that in a nutshell is what will have to be addressed by the powers that be. Crowds are not falling away for no reason. Yesterday given that Everton brought about 4500, and that we have been playing better of late I noticed a slight increase in home attendance. Imagine the effect on these paying punters of Halsey effectively curtailing the spectacle after 20 minutes or so? In marketing terms the laws of the game are a shambles.

"Todd's a professional footballer, did he have a decision to make? Take my hand away and Beattie is through, leave it there and it's accidental hand ball, I hope?"

Did he have a decision to make? No, he didn't. The ball just hit his hand.

I think this kind of thinking arises from looking at instant slow-mo replays. There wasn't enough time for Todd to do anything.

The ball was just moving upwards towards his hand/arm. If he had time to move it (which again, he didn't) he could quite easily have moved it into the way of the ball and then it would have been a sending off...

From the Times

Blackburn had been reduced to 10 men with Andy Todd’s dismissal, which may have further repercussions if the club is reported for something apparently thrown at assistant referee Mark Warren, whose raised flag effectively signalled Todd’s departure.

That 'something' was an empty paper cup.

I would have thought the FA would have more important things to deal with like the goings on at Stoke and also the Stevenage match. Incidentally another complaint about the weak Halsey was his refusal to do anything about Everton's constant time wasting in the second half. They kicked the ball away at free kics countless times. Despite all this he only added 2 minutes stoppage time of whic he played 30 seconds. Even the fourth offical acknowledged this was not correct but could do nothing about it.

364956[/snapback]

I've been thinking about that since someone called Radio Rovers yesterday making the same point.

So far I've been against the idea as it could result in constant stop/start of the game. Yesterday the replay would have been used just once so perhaps there is a place in the game for replays, and if that happened, for the referees to be miked in the same way as in Rugby Union internationals - the only time I watch that code.

I think FIFA's arguement is the laws of the game must be equally applied throughout. i.e what happens in a pub game? Seems a pretty daft arguement to apply when one considers the vast gulf between the professional and amateur games.

As an aside did anyone else wonder about the Everton keeper's strip? I was convinced we had a penalty shout until it was pointed out it was the keeper's arm. All I saw was the flash of colour as an arm went up and the ball being parried.

In the split second the linesman had available he can't study Todd's eyes or his arm movements, he may only have seen the ball contact with the hand and assumed it was deliberate. Todd did have an open palm. With the benefit of TV replay the majority believe the decision to be wrong; at the time I thought it was right with as much time to judge as the linesman had.

364940[/snapback]

Well what's he doing giving a decision to send a player off if he's not in possession of all the facts? Overriding the ref who had not given anything, too. To 'assume' a hand ball is deliberate is pathetic.

It looked like a very poor decision to me in real time when it happened. Several thousand other people also thought it was a poor decision at the time, too, hence the swarm of fans near the linesman and the booing of the ref.

I also don't get this open palm stuff. What's that got to do with anything? Todd has to run around with his hands as fists all the time has he? That'll do our bully boy tag a world of good. Where in the laws of the game does it define proper hand movements whilst your playing?

I'm not meaning to go off on one, but that ref and linesman were rubbish and they've ruined my week, never mind my Saturday.

Also, how many times did Halsey get in the way? Three? All when Rovers were attacking? A ref getting hit with the ball is a memorable thing as it happens infrequently. Halsey's inability to get out of the way just shows he hasn't got a clue about football and the manner by which the game is played.

Kicking the ball away used to be a bookable offence, but not anymore apparently. Every decision saw an Everton player kick the ball away and they were not even talked to about it.

Halsey is a disgrace.

Kicking the ball away used to be a bookable offence, but not anymore apparently. Every decision saw an Everton player kick the ball away and they were not even talked to about it.

Halsey is a disgrace.

364978[/snapback]

so did diving mcfaggot did it twice in the 1st half.

364981[/snapback]

That really really annoyed me. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a player dive against us this season and not booked. Yet every single time a player takes hsi shirt off it is an automatic booking. There's just no common sense at all.

364981[/snapback]

Oh, hell, I'd forgotten about that.

They go through spells were they crack down on any little bit of rubbish for one season and then forget about it completely. All of a sudden diving doesn't matter, keeper keeping the ball for only 7 seconds doesn't matter, kicking the ball away doesn't matter, two footed challenges don't matter. Someone kicks a ball at your hand and it's an early shower for you.

Bllody awful refereeing. sad.gif

i was dissapointed the ref sent him off, changed the game, i felt confident we would get something from the game even at 1-0 down.

sh1t happens though, nothing we can do to change it

bloody annoying though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.