BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-2 Everton

All I can say is, with David Moyes at the helm, there is no second guessing what team Everton will put out or how much they will (generally as a bunch of journeymen) put into their game.

So for me, I reckon a little bit of Hughesey reverse psychology, an early goal to settle the nerves (a la charlton game) and we could get a hatful. If we turn up just expecting to win I foresee another nasty reverse.

On balance, 3-1 to Rovers MGP, Zurab (somehow) and Bellers.

Go Rovers!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game will be a little tricky and could end up with the same reult as at Man City. So there is a possiblity of a score draw.

Good to see Cahill not in the Toffee's squad.

However, Im not going to be a pessimist and I am going to go for a win.

I think we will win 2-1 with Nelsen and possibly Bellas getting on the score sheet.

Tomorrow is Everton's 4,000th game in top flight football for the anoraks out there. They are easily ahead of all other clubs.

I like this Everton preview of the game. Makes a lot of good points. I liked the description of Emerton as a rich man's Stan Lazaridis.

364559[/snapback]

One of the best articles I have read about football in a long time- informed, wry, balanced. Easily better than a lot of the stuff written by the professionals.

I have to say, even if it risks causing a bit of a love in, that on this site the match previews have been of a generally very high (and even more importantly- entertaining) standard.

Might have to change all that by doing one myself one day.

Lets start an Emerton debate (another one!): I reckon about fifteen of the clubs in the league have better right wingers than him, and I would say that Lazeradis is about as good (I know Lazeradis is a left winger) rather than richer/poorer versions. He can cross well if given space and scores every now and again but that is about it.

I am constantly bemused as to why opposition fans rate him as a good player. I would say that only Gray and 'the second striker' are players who generally make less impact. Fully expecting Thommo to start unless he is still not at full fitness.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Evertons away record is fairly dismal

Played 7

Won 2

Lost 5

Goals for 2

Goals against 11

Home & away they've scored 5 & conceded 16 in 13 games.

They cannot score away from Goodison (but if they do they win 0-1)

I reckon we can get 3 points from this game.

I've got a mate who's a big Everton fan, so I hope I can call round his place on Monday evening and say (as I usuallydo) "What happened to Everton".

Let's hope that it's a big win to the Rovers.

Waggy, you're not the shorthouse behind the junior in the Rovers shirt, are you wink.gif

Edited by dave birch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.