BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Panic...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best thing that could happen to the Dingles if Kirby doesn't pocket the proceeds. It's early enough in the window for Cotterill to get a new team with the proceeds.

I'm surprised at Sheff U though- they should be buying for the Premiership now as Warnock bought a team to get out of their current division last summer. They don't need another clodhopper.

Unless they have shed loads of cash, Sheff U are next season's Sunderland.

• 8 months later...

According to a report on radio Lancs Steve Cotterill has been rumoured to be the front runner for the West Brom job and his odds have been slashed all day.

I believe he is doing a decent job keeping Burnleys head bobbing at Championship level and, were he to leave, one wrong appointment could not only stop the gap from closing ( :D ) but make it widen much much further.

Edit - sorry, just seen the baggies thread. Should have been in there.

Edited by Hasta

funny thing is, we are 3rd in the championship. we are not going to stay there, but saying were are just about staying up is somewhat harsh.

suppose that those blue and white tinted spectacles have somewhat blown all normal reasoning out of the water

does not hurt at all. just shows some rovers fans arrogance.

it is all well and good saying you have not looked at where we are in the laegue for years, but i bet you look at it every week when we play.

as for yesterday, we were by far the better team until captain @#/? got sent off(again) :angry: and we would have won.

i am sure you all know THAT feeling though eh? :o

it is all well and good saying you have not looked at where we are in the laegue for years, but i bet you look at it every week when we play.

as for yesterday, we were by far the better team until captain @#/? got sent off(again) :angry: and we would have won.

You'll get precious little sympathy here.

Well said Marv. You tell us!!

Oh, and for all the people that dont understand the difference; what Marv said above IS banter of an acceptable kind. Read and learn!

I'm going to be controversial........................and praise Cotterill. I think he's done a pretty good job at Burnley, and they're an outside bet for the play offs (although not promotion). He did a good job at Cheltenham, and will do a good job at West Brom ;).

Can i also 'praise' Cotterill? He is doing a decent job over the border in Yorkshire, BUT at the end of the day you can`t polish a turd. ;)

The championship looks very poor this year. No-one seems to want to run off with the promotion places like in previous years. The league is weak, Burnley are weak, but at the moment so are the 20 odd other teams. I predict Burnley will finish below half-way & just above the danger zone......in no mans land.

If Cotterill had any ambition in him, he`d leave Burnley & move to a bigger club with a least 'some' potential. Afterall, you can put perfume on a pig......but it`s still a pig! ;)

think you missed the highly exciting 0-0 draw at Turf Moor off there didn't you?

To be fair, it might be 30?!!! :D years since we last beat you(27 isnt it?) :P

and it might be another 30 till we next beat you, but it does not stop ME from supporting MY club.

shame that real fans still exist eh? rather than the ones that have been spoonfed glory :ph34r:

not a dig at all of you, but im sure that some people will know what i am on about ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.