• Craig Bellamy
    • Paul Dickov
    • Shefki Kuqi

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone will thnk this is a given for me, but I really think without Gamstens contribution this year we would not be where we are at present. We all know what Bellers can do, but gamst has surprised us al -l added a lot of points to our cause this season. To be honest I didn't think he was capable of it, but he has really excelled. And I am sure there is more to come from him.. Other than that Nelsen has been excellent. But therest of the names on this poll all have a lot more to offer.

rover.gif never mind who voted for emerton,which clown voted for savage,gordon.i voted for nelson who has been fantastic this season,bellars might win it,but imo misses far too many games,and does a bloody lot off moaning on the pitch tinykit.gif

rover.gif never mind who voted for emerton,which clown voted for savage,gordon.i voted for nelson who has been fantastic this season,bellars might win it,but imo misses far too many games,and does a bloody lot off moaning on the pitch tinykit.gif

399282[/snapback]

Only cos hes demanding more of his team-mates, hes way ahead of them in terms of talent so hes naturally frustrated. I get what you mean, but it also shows some passion too doesnt it?

I think it has a lot to do with recent form. MGP is out of favour at the moment after his goals have run dry and he hasn't played particularly well, Bellamy on the other hand has become the most popular man around. That is why my vote has to go to Nelsen. If you think of the first half of the season and the second half of the season then MGP would probably win the first and Bellamy the second, but Nelsen would probably have been second choice both times. He's not let us down this season and has played a major part in our success over the course of the entire year.

looking at the results so far bellamy looks a clear winner and nobody is going to catch him now.

4 players have not recieved any votes at all.

zurab: maybe because he has been battling with todd all season for his place and nelsen has just been a legend in the central of defence, so folk have gone for nelsen. fairplay to zurab though, first season in the prem he has been awsome for us and deserved his permanent contract.

gray: very poor some games though he has been a regular in a defence that is top 6 in the prem, he is a team player and is the best thing we got in the left back position due to vrati being injured and matteo being @#/?. neil the football hooligan has been immense at the other full back slot and has been noticed with alot of votes.

dickov: moaned, moaned and moaned a bit more. would moan if he sen this poll too laugh.gif awful season though he has chipped in a few goals but not as many as we need. one for the door this summer.

kuqi: very suprised he hasn't got at least 1 vote. scored some vital goals this season though his all round game isn't supreme, his celebration is class.

looking at the results so far bellamy looks a clear winner and nobody is going to catch him now.

4 players have not recieved any votes at all.

zurab: maybe because he has been battling with todd all season for his place and nelsen has just been a legend in the central of defence, so folk have gone for nelsen. fairplay to zurab though, first season in the prem he has been awsome for us and deserved his permanent contract.

gray: very poor some games though he has been a regular in a defence that is top 6 in the prem, he is a team player and is the best thing we got in the left back position due to vrati being injured and matteo being @#/?. neil the football hooligan has been immense at the other full back slot and has been noticed with alot of votes.

dickov: moaned, moaned and moaned a bit more. would moan if he sen this poll too laugh.gif  awful season though he has chipped in a few goals but not as many as we need. one for the door this summer.

kuqi: very suprised he hasn't got at least 1 vote. scored some vital goals this season though his all round game isn't supreme, his celebration is class.

400326[/snapback]

good points.

savage - 1 vote! spks volumes!

Bellamy - but only because he has done most of it on his own and without him we would definitely not be where we are now.

Nelsen has been immense (would have been mine if another forward had contributed sufficiently with Bellamy) but he has had a fairly decent set of defenders with him for the majority - Neil has become bit more rocksteady and Todd has been Todd with Gray outstanding then v.poor.

Friedal - Also deserves recognition

Reid - Improved immensely but still a bit more required.

Pedersen - For his goals contribution but little else.

The rest have done their jobs to a high degree to make the team achieve what it has thus far.

good points.

savage - 1 vote! spks volumes!

400331[/snapback]

Not really, Todd only has one vote, Tugay only two, Friedel only five, Zurab none. Those are all players who played a major part in our success this season, but it was pretty much a straight fight between Bellamy and Nelsen, the recent form of Bellamy meaning he was always going to win it. The thing about Savage is you won't notice half of what he does, he isn't going to score a goal or set-up a goal, but I'm sure every team we've played against this season knows that they were playing against Savage. Those of you who don't notice him now will certainly notice him when he's gone, talk to a Birmingham fan.

I'd have chosen Nelsen, but our defence has been pretty @#/? this season.

400806[/snapback]

Interesting that last season we conceded 43 goals. So far this season we've conceded 42. Of course we've scored 46 vs 32 so shows you that a good striker is the difference between avoiding relegation and competing for champs league/Europe...

I'd have chosen Nelsen, but our defence has been pretty @#/? this season.

400806[/snapback]

That's not really fair. It's like saying I would have chosen Bellamy but Kuqi and Dickov have been ###### this season.

That's not really fair. It's like saying I would have chosen Bellamy but Kuqi and Dickov have been ###### this season.

400831[/snapback]

Not really - most on this board agree that Todd, Zura, Friedel and Neill are quality players (and Gray can be on his day), so it's a matter of defensive mistakes and poor communication that have led to the goals conceded this year.

Bellamy on the other hand is upfront on his own with little support from the midfield - Reid and Savage couldn't hit a defence splitting pass if their lives depended on it, they also don't score any goals (3 between them is it?). Ped has weighed in with a few pearlers, but otherwise he's been non-existant. I also think few would argue Dickov and Kuqi are utter sh!te in terms of quality - their workrate is good, but that doesn't really help Bellamy besides allowing him to rest a little whilst they defend from the front.

Not that I'm arguing Nelsen isn't a quality player, because he quite clearly is. However, our best player this season has clearly been Bellamy. I just don't see how you can argue that fact.

I just think he has happened to hit form when ballot time has come around that is all. Over the course of the entire season the mest and most reliable player has been Nelsen. Against Liverpool Nelsen was there making important tackles, Bellamy was running around bitching. I've never come away thinking that Nelsen has had a bad game, I have felt that way about every other player on our team at least once.

However, our best player this season has clearly been Bellamy. I just don't see how you can argue that fact.

400836[/snapback]

rover.gif i will argue the fact,bellars has missed upteen games,gone missing in games,for every goal bellars scores nelsen makes five tackles,he is supreme fact tinykit.gif

My vote went for Nelsen, thought about Bellers but decided to go with the consistancy. His play has been outstanding, calm, decisive and reads the game so well. I thought he was our best player by a mile last night.

For the "well how many has Bellers scored crew" How many goals do you suppose we might have shipped with out the Admiral at the heart of our defence. Nothing against Bellers he's a very close second but I simply have not seen a better centre half at Rovers in my time. (Remember I missed the Hendry years)

The glamour guy will almost always get the vote of the masses.

Edited by USABlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.