BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reidy!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Reidy has signed on what is stopping Neill from doing the same. i know he's in Germany but Pedders & Reid have both been linked with moves to Manure and Spurs respectively and they have signed on.

I must admit i have been knocking Reid as a person of late, saying he's a greedy #### but if he hasn't had a significant wage rise and signed on, fair play to him.

fantastic news, which shows that the players in the squad have full faithin Rovers and Hughesy.

Come on Bellas, stop money grabbing and commit to the club like the rest of them.

I don't think we can say Bellamy is money grabbing.

He is going to be offered the chance of being our best paid player ever.

If he does go it will be because he used to support liverpool and/or he wants to play in the CL and maybe have a shot at winning the EPL. Which we cant argue with

I say now he has signed, transfer list him and get a decent fee

I would think and hope that, that is a joke.

If not then that is a great tactic, good way to ###### of the fans and prevent any player from ever signing a contract again.

Can always count on you for the positive.

I really am glad that Reid's stayed (especially as we weren't going to get a fair price due to contract expiring) but this talk of Spurs was stupid. Reid would've sunk into obscurity had he moved for the money and the bright lights of London.

I would think and hope that, that is a joke.

If not then that is a great tactic, good way to ###### of the fans and prevent any player from ever signing a contract again.

Cause it's a bloody joke Eddie :P

Reid on staying with Rovers

From his Icons site:

I'm delighted to announce that I have signed a new four year contract with Blackburn Rovers. I'm on holiday in Dubai at the moment, so the signing went through after a series of faxes, but now that it's all done and dusted I am really happy and looking forward to the rest of my break!

There was speculation linking me with a possible move but it was always my preferred option and intention to stay at Blackburn. I love it up here and have just had the best season of my career so it would have been both risky and difficult to leave and start again elsewhere. I had a good chat with my girlfriend and we both decided that we liked it here.

Last season, was the happiest I've ever been since I became a professional. I enjoyed the best year of my career and also the team itself proved that we can challenge for trophies and for European places too. The club is going places. The fact that I am highly thought of too helped make me decide that there was no real reason for me to leave.

Mark Hughes recently signed a long term contract, and that is another reason why I was happy to commit myself. The gaffer and his backroom staff are different class and I really enjoy working with them. I have a lot of belief that they will help the team build on last season's success and take us even further forward over the next couple of years.

It took me a while to settle at Blackburn, but I finally feel at home now and it's been reflected in my play. I hope and expect the good times to get even better from now on! I couldn't be happier at signing this contract with Blackburn.

Reid on staying with Rovers

From his Icons site:

I'm delighted to announce that I have signed a new four year contract with Blackburn Rovers. I'm on holiday in Dubai at the moment, so the signing went through after a series of faxes, but now that it's all done and dusted I am really happy and looking forward to the rest of my break!

There was speculation linking me with a possible move but it was always my preferred option and intention to stay at Blackburn. I love it up here and have just had the best season of my career so it would have been both risky and difficult to leave and start again elsewhere. I had a good chat with my girlfriend and we both decided that we liked it here.

Last season, was the happiest I've ever been since I became a professional. I enjoyed the best year of my career and also the team itself proved that we can challenge for trophies and for European places too. The club is going places. The fact that I am highly thought of too helped make me decide that there was no real reason for me to leave.

Mark Hughes recently signed a long term contract, and that is another reason why I was happy to commit myself. The gaffer and his backroom staff are different class and I really enjoy working with them. I have a lot of belief that they will help the team build on last season's success and take us even further forward over the next couple of years.

It took me a while to settle at Blackburn, but I finally feel at home now and it's been reflected in my play. I hope and expect the good times to get even better from now on! I couldn't be happier at signing this contract with Blackburn.

All prospective new Rovers signings take note! :lol:

Lads,

Just adding to what everyone is everyone is basically saying. Fantastic news to have Stevie on board and to turn down the chance to play and live back in London (where he has spent the large proportion of his live) was an ultimate sacrifice.

But just on a concerning point when reading an Irish Newspaper from the start of the week. Is it true that Spurs only offered €3million (euro). This is outrageous if it is a true fact. It would only equate to £2million (stg). This is obviously a mis-print by some thick-Paddy and was not the official offer?? :wstu:

:huh::huh:

Lads,

Just adding to what everyone is everyone is basically saying. Fantastic news to have Stevie on board and to turn down the chance to play and live back in London (where he has spent the large proportion of his live) was an ultimate sacrifice.

But just on a concerning point when reading an Irish Newspaper from the start of the week. Is it true that Spurs only offered €3million (euro). This is outrageous if it is a true fact. It would only equate to £2million (stg). This is obviously a mis-print by some thick-Paddy and was not the official offer?? :wstu:

:huh::huh:

Apparently it was £2m they offered

http://www.lancashireeveningtelegraph.co.u...set_to_stay.php

All our players seem to be saying the same thing, even those who don't play for us like Dickov and Pongolle. We should have these comments translated into various languages and shown to all targets. This is not the management trying to sell the club but players talking about how they like the training and coaching, feel they are being treated as responsible adults and feel the club is going places and in the midst of the doom and gloom regarding Bellamy it's great to hear. Hopefully, Bellamy will have the good grace to say good things about Rovers too.

Lads,

In fairness we are complaining about the 'paltry' £6.5 million for Bellamy but can you actually imagine Reidy leaving to head to the capital for £2million??? FFS we signed him for £2.5 million and then to have a fantastic season last season and earn the recognition he deserves and sell him for £1/2 million less.

I can't believe Spurs had the audacity to offer this, i would actually would have preferred if they offered Ramon Vega in an exchange only deal..... oh thats right he left them!! I really am tearing my hair out at this offer and had it went through I don't know what i would have done. Is noone else disgusted at this so-called offer?

I'm soon getting ready to add Spurs to my hated list.

Only getting ready? Most of us have hated them for years.

I've notcied that lads.

But i was working in London about 7 years ago for a few months and with my cousin's season ticket holders I sad a tad of a soft spot for them. They were good friends with Stevie Carr and it was hard to turn the attention away from them. Was even in their North Stand Supporting Blackburn when we played them back in 97/98 when we lost 2-1. Their fans were pretty respectful even when quite a few of them knew i was cheering on the Rovers.

Now sadly that looks as though all that will change!! :lol:

Groo, wouldn't want to dissuade you from having a healthy dislike of Spuds but..... it was discussed (probably a few hundred pages ago) on the transfer topic and might be in this one but I can't be bothered to look, he only had 1 year to run on his contract. It was widely agreed if he'd have had a couple of years of contract left then fair market value would have been something around £5 million.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.