SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Has A Pop At The Idiot

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here

talks about wrong formation and "blooding" youngsters in a WC.

Owens a wimpo puff!!! He could have read this board 4 years ago after the Brazilian fiasco and come up with that! It's alright all these clever sod, hand washing, senior pro's coming out with it now but I'd have thought more about them if they had influenced those two muppets before the tournament and not after it! Don't tell me that Beckham did not know that the clown was going to take Walcott! Don't tell me either that he would not have shared that info with the likes of Neville etc? Don't even tell me that if the big heads in the squad had demanded Sven out 5 months ago that they would not have got their way, cos I'm sure that they would. To go to the WC with a manager serving his notice is absolutely bloody unbelievable and gross dereliction of duty! Credit to Portugal for telling Scolari when he was linked with the England job "if you are going to desert us to take the England job after the WC then shut the door behind you and sod off right now".

From Lancaster gate down it is obvious that there is no leader amongst them and certainly no one with the strength of character and courage of conviction of Sir Alf Ramsey. Too many Neville Chamberlains and no one even close to a Winston Churchill!

The nearest man to possess that strength is at Bolton. I suggested this months ago and certain members expressed horror at the possibility but can anybody think that Allardyce would have done a worse job? Allardyce has the necessary presence, strength and leadership qualities and has broad enough shoulders and big enough bolllocks to manage the FA, the billy big time players and the media yet whats happened? They've only appointed the least motivational, inspirational character and the man most likely to fail that I can think of. It's obvious that Maclaren is a coach first and a manager second ffs! Metraphorically speaking who would ever follow him 'over the top'? The bstardo's at the FA have sentenced us to ever more angst in Euro 08......... if we even get there! :angry:

btw lets hope that by 2008 our man is given the job! And imo that is not out of the question. :tu:

Edited by thenodrog

Owens a wimpo puff!!! He could have read this board 4 years ago after the Brazilian fiasco and come up with that! It's alright all these clever sod, hand washing, senior pro's coming out with it now but I'd have thought more about them if they had influenced those two muppets before the tournament and not after it! Don't tell me that Beckham did not know that the clown was going to take Walcott! Don't tell me either that he would not have shared that info with the likes of Neville etc? Don't even tell me that if the big heads in the squad had demanded Sven out 5 months ago that they would not have got their way, cos I'm sure that they would. To go to the WC with a manager serving his notice is absolutely bloody unbelievable and gross dereliction of duty! Credit to Portugal for telling Scolari when he was linked with the England job "if you are going to desert us to take the England job after the WC then shut the door behind you and sod off right now".

From Lancaster gate down it is obvious that there is no leader amongst them and certainly no one with the strength of character and courage of conviction of Sir Alf Ramsey. Too many Neville Chamberlains and no one even close to a Winston Churchill!

The nearest man to possess that strength is at Bolton. I suggested this months ago and certain members expressed horror at the possibility but can anybody think that Allardyce would have done a worse job? Allardyce has the necessary presence, strength and leadership qualities and has broad enough shoulders and big enough bolllocks to manage the FA, the billy big time players and the media yet whats happened? They've only appointed the least motivational, inspirational character and the man most likely to fail that I can think of. It's obvious that Maclaren is a coach first and a manager second ffs! Metraphorically speaking who would ever follow him 'over the top'? The bstardo's at the FA have sentenced us to ever more angst in Euro 08......... if we even get there! :angry:

btw lets hope that by 2008 our man is given the job! And imo that is not out of the question. :tu:

"Our man"! I hope you are not referring to Mark Hughes! NO WAY!!!!

Sure I am Fife, you need to thing things through a bit more ....... it'll mean that we have had 2 more damned good years out of him which is about as much as we can expect before some 'big' club comes and snaffles him anyway. Whats the alternative......the FA not even considering him? I wouldn't be happy with that thats for sure. And personally speaking I'd much rather see him at Lancaster gate than OT.

Sure I am Fife, you need to thing things through a bit more ....... it'll mean that we have had 2 more damned good years out of him which is about as much as we can expect before some 'big' club comes and snaffles him anyway. Whats the alternative......the FA not even considering him? I wouldn't be happy with that thats for sure. And personally speaking I'd much rather see him at Lancaster gate than OT.

Fair enough, but would MH sooner be at Lancaster Gate than OT? :rolleyes:

The worrying thing is that McClaren, as head coach, was presumably consulted and stood shoulder to shoulder with Sven on the decisions made. Doesn't bode well...

I read somewhere that McClaren tried to talk Svennis out of taking Walcott...but apparently Arsene Wenger talked him into it...Strange that he valued his opinion over his number 2!

Everybody knows the FA only employ 'Yes' men.

People like Brian Clough , Allardice & Martin O`Neil will/would never be allowed to manage England, as they`d want to do it their own way...which would mean pushing those idiots at the FA into the background where they belong.

The morons at the FA are only feathering their own nests & protecting themselves by employing people who will do as they are told......i.e Steve McLaren

Everybody knows the FA only employ 'Yes' men.

People like Brian Clough , Allardice & Martin O`Neil will/would never be allowed to manage England, as they`d want to do it their own way...which would mean pushing those idiots at the FA into the background where they belong.

The morons at the FA are only feathering their own nests & protecting themselves by employing people who will do as they are told......i.e Steve McLaren

Exactly thats what frustrate's me the most about this entire thing!! The people who run the F.A aren't football people...if they were then perhaps they would appoint somebody who would actually win something!!!

Exactly thats what frustrate's me the most about this entire thing!! The people who run the F.A aren't football people...if they were then perhaps they would appoint somebody who would actually win something!!!

Ah, but if you put football people in charge the business element would just become a shambles amd a laughing stock that haemorrages money...

...wait a minute...

...that's what it is like now.

What are these jokers actually supposed to be _good_ at?*

*Besides growing moustaches that are, quite frankly, ludicrous.

Absoloutely pointless from Owen criticising SGE now,that should be left to the fans.

If he was worth his salt he would have said something weeks ago,not waited till Sven was out the door and off on his hols.

Idiot.

Absoloutely pointless from Owen criticising SGE now,that should be left to the fans.

If he was worth his salt he would have said something weeks ago,not waited till Sven was out the door and off on his hols.

Idiot.

He was still his manager....surely its even more unprofessional fro him to criticise the current regime smack bang in the middle of the tournament!!

He's just saying what the entire nation is thinking!

He was still his manager....surely its even more unprofessional fro him to criticise the current regime smack bang in the middle of the tournament!!

I know,I know,I take your point. :P

Just seems a bit pointless Owen coming out with all this now,it's all been said before and I doubt he would have said it if he wasn't on the early flight home.

He's just saying what the entire nation is thinking!

Couldn't agree more.

:)

Thenodrog you are my hero :D

Sounding gay aside, I do actually agree with every word you said there.

Concentrate on trying to live up to your 'world superstar' tag Owen you gutless back stabbing ponce.

What??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps he would've had more chance of that had he been playing for a "proper" manager, rather than a platitude-spewing pocket-lining birch-spanking sauna-dwelling Nordic chancer.

Owen has only said what we've all been thinking, and what the media has been stating throughout the whole World Cup anyway. I'm just glad he's spoken up and confirmed that at least someone in the England camp knows something about the game.

And he certainly hasn't stabbed anyone in the back ... Svennis has done a good enough job of making the World Cup '06 his managerial valediction. It would take a monied brainless oaf to employ him now, no-one with any sense would employ such a clueless character.

Idiot.

What are you talking about?

Weeks ago? What, when the tournament began, he should have given interviews criticising the manager? Or before the tournament even? Don't talk twaddle.

He was obviously wound up about Sven and for the good of the team waited until after the tournament to get it out of his system in public.

Why should it be left to the fans? The players (hopefully) care as well, why shouldn't they have a go in public when it doesn't matter any more? if I had to endure the Swedish imposter's crazy tactics I'd be very frustrated as well. And I'd certainly well have my say.

It would take a monied brainless oaf to employ him now, no-one with any sense would employ such a clueless character.

Sven's CV

1976: Degerfors (Assistant Coach)

1977-78: Degerfors (Coach)

1979-82: IFK Gothenburg

Swedish Cup Winners 1979

Swedish League Champions 1981

Swedish League Champions 1982

UEFA Cup Winners 1982

1982-84: SL Benfica

Portuguese League Champions 1983

Portuguese League Champions 1984

Portuguese Cup Winners 1983

1984-87: AS Roma

Italian Cup Winners 1986

1987-89: AC Fiorentina

1989-92: SL Benfica

Portuguese League Champions 1991

1992-97: Sampdoria UC

Italian Cup Winners 1994

1997-2000: SS Lazio

Italian Cup Winners 1998

Italian Super Cup Winners 1998

UEFA Cup Winners 1999

UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999

Italian League Champions 2000

"Clueless" is probably a bit harsh old chap. Mind you, he could have done a bit better.

But as Abbey has quoted the Mirror, which has happily jumped on the Sven-kicking bandwagon, I'll take it all with a pinch of salt.

[sarcasm mode\] Of course England have been brilliant over the past 40 years, it's only since Sven arrived that the country has failed to win every World Cup and every European Championship. [/sarcasm mode]

Perhaps he would've had more chance of that had he been playing for a "proper" manager, rather than a platitude-spewing pocket-lining birch-spanking sauna-dwelling Nordic chancer.

It's the Finns who are the birch-spanking sauna-dwellers. At least get your stereotyping right.

Anyway, I'd agree that SGE could've done more, but if the players are so superior to other nations then surely they should be able to adapt to new tactics etc too? Are you really a great player if you can play well under one system, in one team, but not in any other?

Also, what's with the constant emphasis on his nationality (And not speaking specifically to Bryan now)? It's always "That clueless Swedish idiot" etc, why isn't "clueless idiot" enough? Sven obviously isn't the only example, nor is Sweden the only country affected, but I wonder why it's so common to include it.

All this scapegoating must get tired after a while

To me Owen sounds like his heart wasn't in it from the start, if he didn't believe in the Manager so strongly then he should have rejected going to the WC as part of his now soapbox stand.

Git

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.