BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Weather

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the Americans seeding clouds to stop the hurricanes!

Nice thought but it's the Jet Stream forcing low pressure further south than in most years. This time of year our weather is usually influenced by the Azores High but because the Jet Stream is misbehaving the low pressure is dumping rain on us instead of Iceland.

Bazza - it's hard to believe but average temperatures were only 1C below the norm. It's the rain whcih make sit feel cold..................here speaks a man whose living relies on the weather :(

Going on our first UK holiday in 27 years next week....the last one as well!!!

Exactly Paul.

The jet stream at this time of year is usually somewhere to the north of the island.

For the recent weeks / months, there has been a considerable kink in the jet stream seeing it as far south as North Africa.

Its just one of those years where various natural occurences such as water temperatures, air pressures, lows , highs etc have resulted in the current weather.

jeessuussss h christ ..i swear i saw the sun for an hour this morning ..the first time in 7 weeks i believe!!!!!

climate change ???gimme warming any day of the weeek ive been spraying deodrant for three days now ...get a hole in the ozone and let the sun thru!!!!

Set off for Cornwall 3.00am Saturday morning. Heard about the problems on the M5 so followed the obvious diversion down the A435 / A46 to Evesham :blink: Stopped in Evesham for breakfast around 9.00am and buy a copy of Harry Potter (no queues in Evesham!!). Took a while to get out again but eventually got to Cornwall after 370 miles took 17 hours driving. At one point I realied I could have cycled to where we were faster, 110 miles in 10.5 hours.Helicopters, boats and fire engines tearing around all over the place but at no point did the radio indicate how serious things were. In fact some information was misleading. Having seen the TV pics I know realise we were about 500 metres from much of what is now on the TV.

Just had a call from work and me and some of my colleagues are going down tomorrow evening. Been told to expect to be there for a while. I asked where we are being despatched to, he said 'anywhere between Gloucester and London, possibly further afield...' :blink:

I work in Gloucester, never seen anything like it and the thing is that it's going to get worse. There's not only more torrential rain forecast but most of the existing water hasn't yet filtered down off the hills. God help anyone affected.

876444276_ebf915665a.jpg

Spare a passing thought for Gloucester Football Club - to demonstrate just how badly the area is affected. That goalpost is 10foot tall. Thats the entire ground floor of a house!

they can bring the sub on or play with tide or leak a few more goals....

soz to the people their

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.