BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Weather

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely hate this weather. As a light-skinned Irishman, I have little to no tolerance for hot weather (and to a lesser degree the sun). I'm much happier in the winter when it's always possible to put on another layer to keep warm. I always cheer myself on cold days by reminding myself that I could be stewing in my own juices. The opposite is certainly not true in these kinds of conditions. My particular office has no natural light, and no air conditioning. :o

And NI isn't as hot as the South of England or Wales. I spent a week with the Grandparents in south Wales last year and I have never been so hot on UK shores.

I'm just back from Brittany where the heat was equally relentless. Though it wasn't as bad as three years ago where the air was literally scorching.

Roll on Christmas.

Edited by Rovermatt

Just endured the 21st consecutive day of temperatures over 100.

117 last weekend. Electricity bill has tripled this month, just to maintain an indoor temperature of 80.

Awaiting the brush fires to start to round off a scorching July!

Hot and skint in California.

well in sunny wales the last few weeks has been alright, though we have had a mixture.

we have had a couple of really hot days, around 30c, but as usual we have had rain and even thunder storms but mostly it has been dry and cloudy.

to be honest Ventura Rover i would love to be on a calafornian beach in that heat.

the ladies, the beach and the sea, oh yeah i can see it now you lucky grrrrr ha ha

Just endured the 21st consecutive day of temperatures over 100.

117 last weekend. Electricity bill has tripled this month, just to maintain an indoor temperature of 80.

Awaiting the brush fires to start to round off a scorching July!

Hot and skint in California.

When I lived in Redondo, I used to love watching Malibu burn from across the ocean. What a pretty sight. (Yes, yes, tragic for those who lost their houses, but that's what you get for living in an area surrounded by dry brush.)

Phhht... it's not that bad you old softie Jim ;)

It's great weather for a quick bike ride at lunch time... oh and for summer fruits!

Edited by pg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

What a load of whingers. I fondly remember long days on my patio last summer, sipping beer and G & Ts.

Roll on more of the same this year. I'll be fully retired by the end of the month and will be able to do it even more. :D

Winter is pants. We should hibernate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.