Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Weather

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody else suffer from hay fever ? I'm having my worst year for about the last dozen or so - despite the fact that the weather's bloody awful . Very strange :blink:

Yes. It started in the middle of last winter (?), eased a bit at the beginning of May and has just started up in full flow again..... :angry:

Raw sewerage all over the Hillsborough pitch. Nowt new there! They`ve had nothing but sh1te playing on there for years now.

Edited by cletus

climate change. Its awfully good fun isnt it. I expect a really hot october and the water compaines to claim that its drought conditions

Lets hope so.

Anything would be a welcome change for a couple of weeks from the Southern Hemisphere's winter/spring. <_<

Edited by SouthAussieRover

Sunnyhurst Hey Resevoir on the edge of Darwen Moors is very high now and getting fuller by the day. A significant amount of water from this resevoir is pumped to top up Fishmoor Res in Blackburn, but despite this and the time of year, the water level is virtually what it normally is in winter. Nearby Earnsdale Resevoir (Dean Lodge to most of us) is also as full as I've ever seen it in mid summer with water running out via the overflow system.

Whoever put together the sewerage/drainage systems in Darwen did a sterling job. With moorland on three sides of the town and water everywhere running down towards the town centre you would have thought that it would be flooded on a fairly regular basis but I have never known this to happen.

Sunnyhurst Hey Resevoir on the edge of Darwen Moors is very high now and getting fuller by the day. A significant amount of water from this resevoir is pumped to top up Fishmoor Res in Blackburn, but despite this and the time of year, the water level is virtually what it normally is in winter. Nearby Earnsdale Resevoir (Dean Lodge to most of us) is also as full as I've ever seen it in mid summer with water running out via the overflow system.

Whoever put together the sewerage/drainage systems in Darwen did a sterling job. With moorland on three sides of the town and water everywhere running down towards the town centre you would have thought that it would be flooded on a fairly regular basis but I have never known this to happen.

If it floods now i'm blaming you. ;)

Plenty of more rain today sadly.

So did you all put drought resistant plants in your gardens this year? .........and how are they doing?

Out on the bike this morning and got caught in a rainstorm so heavy I had to stop as I couldn't see the road.

• 2 weeks later...
its called climate change Abbey.

I can understand why climate change would cause more severe rainfall, more evaporation equates to more moisture in atmosphere thus more rainfall; however the temperatures have been freakishly low for this time of the year. I’ve been getting up and seeing temperatures as low as 9/10 degrees and that’s been in June & July. In fact I can’t rember a day in the last 5/6 weeks were the temperature has been above 20 c. If this truly was climate change caused by global warming then surely we would be seeing warmer temperatures with terrific outbursts of severer rainfall, rather than the constant rain and very low temps

possibly, but if the whole weather pattern's knackered, then who knows what we'd get.

On an aside, did anyone listen to FiveLive drive the other night, with some guy from Hull claiming that the government had deliberately flooded the town? I know they're not great, but the Government arent that devious.

possibly, but if the whole weather pattern's knackered, then who knows what we'd get.

On an aside, did anyone listen to FiveLive drive the other night, with some guy from Hull claiming that the government had deliberately flooded the town? I know they're not great, but the Government arent that devious.

Plus, I doubt they are even capabale :blink: . Some people would spot a conspiracy at a church fete.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.