Zurab

Bentley

Reid

Savage

Gamst

Benni

Roberts

Subs-Brown(GK)/Todd/Kuqi/Jeffers/Gallagher

Not a bad line-up but the defence does worry me as to who will play at LB, Chelsea's line-up doesn't look to have much width but they are still going to try and get Shevchenko in behind our back four. IMO we have nothing but Kuqi to come off the bench and have any sort of an impact, i don't think Gally is good enough and Jeffers, well he leaves a lot to be desired.

Chelsea Line up with

Cech

Boulahrouz

Terry

Carvalho

Bridge

Lampard

Makelele

Essien

Ballack

Shevchenko

Kalou

Subs-Cudicini(GK)/Drogba/Mickel/SWP/Ferrerira

Edited by ihatethedingles

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I look at the Chelsea side, the thing that strikes me is the fact that they have so little width in the midfield. Makelele and Essien are probabaly the two holding midfielders and Ballack and Lampard are just ahead of them. Wayne Bridge will provide width on the left, but I can't see Boulahrouz doing the same as he isn't a natural right back. They may look to Kalou and Shevchenko to run the channels and provide crosses for Lampard and Ballack breaking from midfield. This is something we need to be aware of.

The need for a left back is made even more obvious when a right sided central defender, who can cover at right back, like Zurab is forced to play there. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Neill were moved into that position. We need to get going from the very start, don't let them play, put them under pressure and see how they handle it.

Edited by RoyRover

I'm watching it right now. We're playing quite well and are not giving Chelsea any time to settle. But we're not creating anything to speak of, which worries me. We should be converting now when we've got them where we want them. Just got very lucky with a penalty decision. Neill flattened Kalou and it should have been a pen. Also seen one of the more bizarre bookings when Sav got run over by Essien and then got booked! Oojer is looking decent and Neill has had a good first half at left back.

Very decent first half. Sav was running the show till he got a daft booking. Bentley's crossings been great, that last one where MGP was through, he was level! He would have been one on one!

Pleased MGP been more involved today although he's wasted a couple of good opportunities.

So far so good

Edited by greggyk

Chelsea have done nothing so far, we have definitely been the better team. We are getting the ball forward nicely, the only disappointing thing is that we baloon it high in the air as soon as we do. We need to get more passes on the ground towards the two forwards, and a goal will come.

Neill has been superb so far at left back too.

Stupid tackle from Neill in the Kalou incident, should've been a penalty. He's playing a good game at left-back, but somehow it feels like he'll get a card or two with those wreckless tackles at the second half.

Somehow we should create a goal, because if we don't, Chelsea will score a fluke at 89min.

I wish referees could be more consistant when it comes to holding in the area. Roberts was just held back very clearly by Carvalho and I've seen penalties for similar incidents before. I think we're seeing our lack in squad depth here. Reid and MGP have been poor but we haven't got anyone to replace them who could do a better job it seems. Emerton is looking very good at right back, has he finally found his place now?

Looks like its a bad first game for Oojer, we need someone who can replace Reid if he's having a bad game... Dont forget we got Sergio Peter who can sub on for Gamst.

This is a rather unfair game, we played better in my opinion, should have had a penalts and yet 2 nil and 1 point out of 9!!

Edited by Rover The Moon

Ready for fighting for our premiership place? Our standard is very very far away from Chelsea. Stilll want to fight in europe? please forget it. Loss 6 goal in 3 match. Do anyone think that our defence is good enough?

Edited by kevinyip

An appalling game from mr clattenburg who is normally very good for us.

Ooijer didn't have a great debut but he has only been with us a short time. IMO if they get that penalty then we should get the roberts one. Very good first half performance and the use of emerton and bentley on the right was magic and fantastic to watch.

Annoying not to get anything from that but a world class save and poor reffing cost us!

Bring on Sheff Utd please!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.