BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• Backroom

Just ordered lego batman 2 to play through with the little one he loves superheroes and the style of the lego games / films.

Not to mention I'm a sucker for collectathons:

So far nothing is tempted me to get a ps4 or Xbox one but I'm hoping that the order changes that

• 9 months later...

Cities: Skylines seems to be getting rave reviews at the minute and I've seen it selling for £15.

Where have you seen it at that price? I'd bite at that in the hope it's better than Sim City.

And nearly 18 months since my last comment in this thread and I am STILL waiting for GTA V to come out on PC :angry:

Where have you seen it at that price? I'd bite at that in the hope it's better than Sim City.

And nearly 18 months since my last comment in this thread and I am STILL waiting for GTA V to come out on PC :angry:

Ive played it on 2 platforms so far, can tell you it's amazing. :)

cdkeys.com. They aren't as dodgy as they sound, I've bought plenty from there in the past. GTA V is out this month I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Witcher 3 is potentially the best game i've ever played.

Really trying to like ESO but i'm not enjoying it. I think its because I played Witcher immediately before and it doesn't remotely compare.

I normally hate games like the Witcher but after reading the reviews I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have to say that I love it. I close to 100 hours and still not finished the main story never mind the hundreds of side quests. I love the world and the story telling which takes things to a complete new level. The levelling up system is also excellent. For me it is hands down the game of the year and possibly the game of the decade.

Edited by Kamy100

Witcher 3 is potentially the best game i've ever played.

Really trying to like ESO but i'm not enjoying it. I think its because I played Witcher immediately before and it doesn't remotely compare.

I nearly bought ESO instead. Glad I didn't now.

The Witcher is a great game, really enjoying it.

I loved Elder Scrolls:Oblivion and then Skyrim came along and that was always going to take some beating. The Witcher might just do that.

Got the new Batman game, only played an hour or so and it certainly lives upto the hype. It also does not hold your hand and throws you straight in at the deep end. he only slight weak bit of the first hour or so is the batmobile sections, not as awesome as I thought that they would be and control scheme for the batmobile could have been much better but other than that it is all good.

• 2 weeks later...

The FF7 remake kind of makes me wish I had a ps4.

Although I have the original game on my phone!

It'll probably be the reason I buy a PS4. I do have on a PS1 emulator where I installed it, decided to test it worked for 5 mins and lost 4 hours. So I promised myself I wouldn't play it again until I could play through it with my lad.

It'll probably be the reason I buy a PS4. I do have on a PS1 emulator where I installed it, decided to test it worked for 5 mins and lost 4 hours. So I promised myself I wouldn't play it again until I could play through it with my lad.

I think FF7 is one of those few older games that are still as good now, as I remember them being when they were first released.

• Backroom

I played FF7 all the way through on my phone recently, still a great game.

The re-make will differ substancially from the original, but it should still be a fantastic experience - I'm just not expecting it to be as good as the original. I imagine they'll do away with the turn-based combat system in favour of the more recent button-mash design - which is unfortunate as I prefer the turn-based system.

I'm fairly sure they'll refine the storyline and make it easier to follow. The depth of the original was immense, but the majority of the plot went over people's heads when they originally played it, myself included. I'm guessing a lot of the side-quests will be removed in favour of streamlining the main plot (and allowing them to get it out the door as fast as possible). Hopefully the Gold Saucer remains in tact, but they're more than welcome to get rid of that stupid Fort Condor mini-game. I assume random battles will be removed in favour of a more refined level-up system. There probably won't be any more giant houses to fight.

I'm looking forward to it anyway, and whenever it comes out I'll probably end up getting a PS4 to play it (depending on whether the Oculus Rift is out and I haven't spent all of my money on that instead :) ).