BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Basel

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope MH gets what he wants in terms of the crowd.

Is anyone else a tad disappointed we have not had fans from Basel on this website? It has been really good when we have had Europen visitors as it has helped in the build up to the game.

We must try to avoid yellow/red cards in this game. With our weakened squad, the last thing we need are suspensions for the Feyenoord game.

Anyone know the euro booking count?

should rovers win on thursday and results go our way, we'll more of less have qualified - rendering the feyernoord game almost meaningless.

UEFA bookings: suspention after 3 cautions, also carried into next stages!

rovers players on 1 yellow card : brad, tugay, ooijer, bentley, nonda.

I would imagine Ooijer is in most danger of picking up another one. To be fair Tugay and Bentley aren't known for their strong tackling.

Agreed 3 points in this game would go a long way to seeing us qualify, but as it's rovers and we don't like to do things the easy way, expect us to lose!!

I would imagine Ooijer is in most danger of picking up another one. To be fair Tugay and Bentley aren't known for their strong tackling.

Agreed 3 points in this game would go a long way to seeing us qualify, but as it's rovers and we don't like to do things the easy way, expect us to lose!!

i thought bentley has got 2 yellow cards in europe i could be worng though does the Salzburg game count or not? he got booked in Austria and at Ewood

i thought bentley has got 2 yellow cards in europe i could be worng though does the Salzburg game count or not? he got booked in Austria and at Ewood

you're right, but .....according to various reports, no rovers player was booked at ewood. but i can remember him being booked for kicking the corner flag.

you're right, but .....according to various reports, no rovers player was booked at ewood. but i can remember him being booked for kicking the corner flag.

just looked on the sky website and went back to the home game against Salzburg and it shows Bentley being booked, so Mr Bentley will have to be on his best behaviour tommorrow night

Blackburn v Basle

UEFA CUP

Group E: Blackburn v Basle

Date: Thursday 2 November

Kick off: 1945 BST

Venue: Ewood Park

Coverage on BBC Radio Five Live and this website

Blackburn's Australian international Brett Emerton has been ruled out of the Uefa Cup match against Basle because of a hamstring strain.

Morten Gamst Pedersen (ankle) and Shabani Nondo (shin) are both doubtful through injury.

Robbie Savage, who was banned for the defeat by West Ham, could return after suffering fluid on the knee.

Striker Jason Roberts will be sidelined for at least three months after breaking a bone in his foot.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Brown, Enckelman, Neill, Khizanishvilli, Oojer, Todd, Gray, McEveley, Bentley, Tugay, Mokoena, Savage, Peter, Pedersen, Nonda, McCarthy, Jeffers, Gallagher.

BLACKBURN ROVERS

Your say - 606

Weather

BBC Lancashire

Official club website

RELATED BBC LINKS:

Your say - 606

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:

Uefa

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Edited by gazsimm

Well i'm as confused as I was before. Pks1984 link to satfootball states that it's not on and Gazsimm says it is.

I'm still none the wiser.

Yahoo have it on their listings so that'll do for me

it's on British Eurosport seen it advertised and have just looked at my Sky Tv Guide and shows it there

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.