BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Basel

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Lee on the official site as of yesterday the club had sold less than a whopping 10,000 tickets.

Please dont have the cheek to moan about prices again.....end of.

If that is true then I'm sorry but its schocking and disgraceful. I've aired my view in a few previous posts where I said that price was mereley and excuse and not a reason for a certain batch of so called supporters, looks like I've been proved right. Based upon that info, I fully agree with SG194, the issue of reduced ticket pricing should be put to bed once and for all. Lets just forget it and stick as we were - 17K paying full price 'cos its obvious that people just dont want to go full stop, even if it was free!!

:angry:

I may feel inclined to offer the ticket office another £20 out of sheer embarrassment tonight....I feel like I'm robbing my own club at these prices.

Lets face the facts,many in the town just dont give a f**k about Rovers,the clubs banging its head against a brick wall.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I've no idea what kind of crowd people expected. We should be getting roughly about what Bolton and Middlesbrough (both larger than Blackburn) attracted at this stage last year while offering cheaper than usual tickets. Is that really so bad? Should we expect to be getting substantially more than teams like those? Shouldn't we wait and see what crowd it actually is first?

I suppose a downside no=one has contemplated is this.

In the Premiership, Rovers sent out a more than forceful message to the powers that be about lowering prices leading to putting bums on seats. That exercise was demonstrated to the full versus Bolton Winkers.

Now, the fans of Rovers appear to be contradicting that theory in that ST Holders may not be attending at a price of 7.50 (for whatever reasons), the in/out fans are not taking advantage of a 15 quid match ticket which in turn leads to the wavering fan not even bothering to purchase a ticket.

All this in the face of a fantastic team ethic, a team we can all be proud of, a team that plays genuinely attractive football, a tgeam that can roll its sleeves up and fight with pride, a team full of effort, a team that has taken BRFC on its best ever European adventure - 2 wins on the bounce and a win away in Poland - and with a fantastic chance of progressing to the last 32.

So what is it that fans of BRFC expect or indeed want ? Let me tell you that we as Rovers fans have the best offering we could ever expect. We have it all and the rest. How many of our so called bigger clubs would relish being like BRFC ? There is plenty of them believe me.

I now leave the warmth of my lounge in Leyland to make a short 15 minute drive to the REAL theatre of dreams. Its about time that the general footballing public associated with BRFC took note of the way the club are seeking to attract fans back to Ewood and its certainly the right time NOT to kick the club back in the teeth in the manner that seems to be happening.

Yes its cold, yes we are 10 weeks from Christmas and yes we all have bills, dogs/cats (or other animals if yr from deepest E lancs) an families to pay for, but FFS it has cost 7.50 or 15.00 for a top european game at EWOOD PARK.

The team needs you to shout them onto the next stage.

Imagine this scenario........ In April Rovers take on a lowly ranked team in the semi final second leg at Ewood PArk, the game is a 28000 sell out as Rovers take a 3-0 lead into the game. At half time Mark Hughes makes 3 substituitons to rest his hard working stars as Rovers are cruising 3-0 at home, 6-0 on aggregate. the final whistle sounds and Rovers are the second English club into the final in successive seasons.

The end of April sees the ticket allocation for Hampden Park set at 18000 for Rovers supporters. OUTRAGE the fans cry as they panick about not being able to obtain a ticket !

Rovers release the ticket allocation, firstly to their travelling European fans, St holders who went to the away games, then its the ST Holders and NON St holders who travelled away, then it s the fans who bother their arses to go to the HOME legs.

if it ever happened there would be only one person to blame if it was YOU who missed out. there could be no berating the club, the ticket office or anybody else because it would be YOUR BLOODY FAULT.

Now then get the message ? :brfc:

Edited by 1864roverite

Teams:

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill ©, Ooijer, Khizanishvili, Gray, Bentley, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Nonda, McCarthy. Subs: Brown, Mokoena, Jeffers, Gallagher, McEveley, Derbyshire, Peter.

FC BASEL: Costanzo, Majstorovic, Sterjovski, Petric, Chipperfield, Ba, Rakitic, Ergic, Da Silva, Kuzmanovic, Zanni. Subs: Crayton, Nakata, Dos Santos, Burgheier, Buckley, Berner, Kavelashvili.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.